Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    How is Hillary liberal? She is the best republican running.
    She's central. If you had a brain you could figure that out yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    She's central. If you had a brain you could figure that out yourself.
    War hawk, death penalty supporter, only recently pro gay marriage, pro big banks, pro Wall Street and corporations, mildly interested in raising minimum wage, anti marijuana.

Totally central....

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Even Bernie wouldn't be considered especially liberal in many places, is he then a conservative?
    You have to see it relative to the alternatives.
    Why not?
    Bernie and Hillary voted the same 90% of the time. So if she's a Republican, I guess he is, too, if you believe the far leftists who label her as such.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    I guess you don't understand there are other people beside Hillary. I hope you don't vote
    Any other vote is literally a throw away vote.

- If you write in Sanders, that just divides the Democrats and therefore Trump wins.
    - If you vote third party, you completely waste your vote. In the 2012 election, third party candidates, as an entire group, barely managed 1% of the popular vote. Until the news media starts giving them equal time in discussion as well as front and center debate time, it is a wasted vote.
    - If you don't vote, your voice doesn't matter in the least and you have absolutely no right to complain because election day isn't just about the next president. Staying home and not voting is like saying you don't care about any aspect of your government, even down to the local level, which impacts you the most.
    - Or, you could vote for Trump.

So yeah, tell me and the poster you were responding to how you hope they don't vote just because there are other people besides Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Any other vote is literally a throw away vote.
    Liar.

Not voting is to throw away a vote.

Stop repeating the trash the two parties tell you. They would prefer you believed your vote didn't matter and not vote, than for you to actually start caring when you cast your vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Liar.

Not voting is to throw away a vote.

Stop repeating the trash the two parties tell you. They would prefer you believed your vote didn't matter and not vote, than for you to actually start caring when you cast your vote.
    So what happens if you vote third party? Are they gonna be scared? Are they gonna listen to you suddenly? If it can't make a difference in the actual outcome, it's a wasted vote, other that for you to feel good about yourself.

That's the problem with the system, you have a choice between two. Other than that, you might as well not exist in terms of influence.
    Mother pus bucket!

So what happens if you vote third party? Are they gonna be scared? Are they gonna listen to you suddenly? If it can't make a difference in the actual outcome, it's a wasted vote, other that for you to feel good about yourself.

That's the problem with the system, you have a choice between two. Other than that, you might as well not exist in terms of influence.
    So you would make it so it can never make a difference in response?

I'll repeat it, the only way to throw away a vote is to not vote.

So you would make it so it can never make a difference in response?

I prefer a system where you have smaller parties with various focus, and that the government will consist of people from these parties, so that as a whole, it actually represent the majority of the population. The way it is today, for you as a leftie, you can chose between wasting your vote or select the lesser of two evils. No one will even remember the names of the independent candidates in a year.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    This is the alternative you pick only if you're of the opinion that if Bernie can't win, the entire country should be burned to the fucking ground.
    To be honest, the country should be burned to the fucking ground.

- - - Updated - - -

I prefer a system where you have smaller parties with various focus, and that the government will consist of people from these parties, so that as a whole, it actually represent the majority of the population. The way it is today, for you as a leftie, you can chose between wasting your vote or select the lesser of two evils. No one will even remember the names of the independent candidates in a year.
    I've remembered Jill Stein for over 4 years.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the words of Rush, "if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice".
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

And for the record, anyone who says if you don't for Hillary, you're wasting your vote, or dooming people to Trump doesn't understand fucking democracy. Its my vote, and its my choice. If my vote is worth less because who I voted for, then our system is fucked and we might as well not vote at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    And for the record, anyone who says if you don't for Hillary, you're wasting your vote, or dooming people to Trump doesn't understand fucking democracy. Its my vote, and its my choice. If my vote is worth less because who I voted for, then our system is fucked and we might as well not vote at all.
    And anyone who votes 3rd party doesn't understand the fucking constitution... It is pragmatism vs idealism. Anyone saying you wasted your vote is saying pragmatically speaking you didn't make a difference. And in that respect, it was worth less. Do what you want with your vote; just don't pretend it is conveying any sort of high-minded protest message to those doing the counting.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    And anyone who votes 3rd party doesn't understand the fucking constitution... It is pragmatism vs idealism. Anyone saying you wasted your vote is saying pragmatically speaking you didn't make a difference. And in that respect, it was worth less. Do what you want with your vote; just don't pretend it is conveying any sort of high-minded protest message to those doing the counting.
    I agree. Back several years ago I voted for Ralph Nader. Was a waste of gas money and time. Would have served the same purpose if I had stayed home and not voted. My vote did absolutely nothing in making a change, The most was maybe a " feels good" short moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    1) Write in Bernie.
    2) Vote for Jill Stein.
    3) Don't vote for anyone.
    4) Vote for Donald Trump.

See, a lot of alternatives there. It just depends on how much one hates Hillary.
    all of which is worse for the country than hillary since it ensures you waste your vote and that Trump wins.

But yes i know we had a golden chance to get something done for once and Bernie was clearly the best choice for the country as president

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Same thing. If you supported Sanders the only reason to not vote Clinton is out of some childish "FUCK THE SYSTEM MAAAAAN" crusade. Clinton isn't perfect. She's also significantly better than giving the GOP the White House.
    Yeah, I cant wait to see what national secrets she leaks from the oval office instead of her house in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Yeah, I cant wait to see what national secrets she leaks from the oval office instead of her house in NY.
    Which is nothing but right wing slandermania and nonsense, even you know it is a false attack on her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Which is nothing but right wing slandermania and nonsense, even you know it is a false attack on her.
    Yeah.... The FBI totally made all their findings up.

lmao.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2...llary-clinton/

Oh, and lets not forget the THOUSANDS of emails they deleted.

Meanwhile privates in the military send themselves an email with even a hint of classified info, they're kicked out. Not good ole Hilary though, she's above reproach.
    Last edited by Cebel; 2016-07-14 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    If you only vote for shit and shit, less shit will never be an option.You're wasting your vote as far as I'm concerned by this definition by letting shit stagnate.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    all of which is worse for the country than hillary since it ensures you waste your vote and that Trump wins.

But yes i know we had a golden chance to get something done for once and Bernie was clearly the best choice for the country as president
    Shillary is the worst thing that could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    If you only vote for shit and shit, less shit will never be an option.You're wasting your vote as far as I'm concerned by this definition by letting shit stagnate.
    Well I personally think the "both sides are terrible" nonsense is complete bull shit. It is never accompanied by actual policy talk and just used as a catch all for "my guy didn't win." If you supported Sanders, getting 90% of his platform with Clinton isn't "less shit." And those that believe it are just incapable of functioning in the real political world where no one gets 100% of what they want. It is hard to take anyone seriously when, nearly full employment, record markets, mandatory overtime, paid leave, lowest crime in decades, record low without health insurance, etc. etc. etc. is seen as "letting shit stagnate."