Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I'm not saying opt out of insurance entirely. If you don't have your own, you don't get the tax deductible. So, you either pay through taxes or pay for your own insurance and get a deductible. I actually think there is some form of that in place already. So, you couldn't do what you suggested. I'm not disagreeing that it's cheaper overall and better for the economy, but it's more of a compromise really.
    We happen to have both here and we can opt out of some insurance like medication and such. To be honest the only difference is that private insurance sucks dick and you have to literally bug them over and over to get what they owe you. The public one, you just go to the hospital, show your healthcare card and they fix you up and they show you how it would have costed, so people realize shit aint free. Then you never hear about it again. Only reason i have a form of private insurance is for the dentist, its not publicly covered, aside from regular check up.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolt View Post
    I will never understand why so many Americans are afraid of leftie politics.

Would people hate free health care? Free Education? Social Safety net? Higher minimum wage so you dont have to work 2-3-4 jobs just to afford living? - Payed by taxes, nothing is free Per se.

Can someone ELI5 why Americans are afraid of people on the left wing and their politics? What good has conservatism done for the average joe the last 20 years in America? I dont think I am the only one sitting in Europe and sometimes just shaking my head of the people you vote to power. And yes, I know you dont care about anyones opinion because you are AMERICA, the best country on earth.
    Because it would be a state of disaster. Look at our VA, with all of its funding it can't even manage to handle a phone menu correctly, never mind looking at patient care. Universal health care also brings people from Canada, Europe, etc to the states because people don't want to wait. In addition to that, pharmaceutical companies would rape the federal government and tax payers.

The real problem is that people here are already to poor at a young age. Like Europe, these programs would be shouldered on the poor who are already to poor to pay federal taxs. Like Europe, it would also leave tons of people further into debt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    >Democrats
    >Leftwing

Hue

As ussual, Americans have a whole different view of left vs rigth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    The real problem is that people here are already to poor at a young age. Like Europe, these programs would be shouldered on the poor who are already to poor to pay federal taxs. Like Europe, it would also leave tons of people further into debt.
    Really no idea what you mean by this.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    >Democrats
    >Leftwing

Hue

As ussual, Americans have a whole different view of left vs rigth.

- - - Updated - - -

Really no idea what you mean by this.
    Means exactly what it says. Do you not understand English?

I don't even know what is left and right anymore. Will probably make a thread asking what exactly I am.

i wish they had moved left. they are still a firm center right.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Only in speech. They won't actually increase taxes to be able to deliver the free stuff they promise, such as in education and health. So in reality they are conservative, they have never proven to be progressive in practice.
    And while they may have moved "far far far to the left" in speech, they are still right of what is considered center in any other 1st world nation
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Ya'll gotta back of Ryan, he's just having a really hard time.

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    Actually if anything they've been moving to the right.
    On what?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    What makes you say that?
    History? Evidence? If anything the Democrats are Center Right. So anyone to the right of them, actually thinks they are "far far far left".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    And? Is moving "far far far" to the left bad?
    It is if you're right handed.

I feel the republicans took 30 steps right and are complaining how far left the dems "moved"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    While his party is truly straighhhhhhhhhhhhhhht down the center. Thank goodness for the Republicans!
    My thoughts exactly. Democrats are barely center left while the GOP has been going further right consistently over the last few decades.
    Putin khuliyo

The left in the US is very moderate, even conservative in comparison to several other Western countries. The right in the US however is very, very far to the right, by developed country standards at least.

Who the fuck is this new account?

Anyway the Republican Party moved impossibly far to the right. So far that I can't vote for it anymore after many years of voting for it.

The Democrats largely didn't go left. They've been the only adults in the room for years.

I say largely because there are SOME Democrats who have, and Obama's second term certainly has been further to the left than is good for this country (first term was a different story).

There are always Elizabeth Warrens, Bernie Sanders and an enthusatic fringe who think it's their time. Who remember Russ Feingold? Democrats have their lunatic fringe on lockdown. Republicans gave them the keys the the house, the pins to the bank accounts and all the weapons in the shed. It's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I think it was Phil Wasted or something similar before he renamed.
    I honestly don't get why people fucking bother.

Discussion is fine, but living some ridiculous forum identiy is bottom-feeding pathetic.

The American President election and the Fate of the Free World as we know it will not be decided in MMO-Champ OT. This is simply not the battlefield.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Because people think throwing a hissy fit on the internet will retroactively win Bernie Sanders the nomination or acting like petulant children and costing themselves the chance to act pragmatically and elect the best candidate who can actually win to boost Gary Johnson's vote percentage to like 3% will somehow topple the two party system.
    Poor-as-shit losers then?

By non-US standards, if the Democrats moved "far far far to the left" that would put them in the middle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The Democrats in the US are at best centre-left, from what I've heard.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Paul Ryan a is far, far, far too stupid man.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    And? Is moving "far far far" to the left bad?
    Just this year you've had the chance to witness a far left country disintegrate, as they all do. Venezuela.

But no, far left ideology totally works. Just as it has every time it has been implemented.

At least most people grow up eventually and realise the idiocy of their teens and early twenties.