Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Ewan McGregor and Piers Morgan row over Good Morning Britain appearance

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38729770

Ewan McGregor has pulled out of an appearance on ITV's Good Morning Britain (GMB) as he "didn't realise" Piers Morgan was the host.

The actor tweeted: "Won't go on with him after his comments about #WomensMarch."

Morgan had described some of the women who marched as "rabid feminists".

A GMB spokesman said: "Ewan came [in] this morning to be interviewed about his new film but decided not to go ahead with it."

Women's marches took place in many cities around the world to protest about Donald Trump becoming US president.

In response to McGregor's decision, Morgan tweeted: "Sorry to hear that @mcgregor_ewan - you should be big enough to allow people different political opinions. You're just an actor after all."

In further tweets responding to his followers' comments, Morgan wrote: "Why should actors be deemed to have more important or correct political opinions than anyone else?"

In another tweet, he wrote: "Ewan McGregor IS just an actor, not a brain surgeon." A further tweet claimed he was "not the Dalai bloody Lama".

"Such a shame," Morgan's co-presenter Susanna Reid tweeted. "Challenge views where there's difference.

"Would have liked to see that debate on air - it's an important one. #WomensMarch."

Reid went on to claim that her co-host's views were "widely held" and that feminists were "fighting the wrong battles if we turn on each other".

'Could be awkward'

On Monday, Morgan debated the issue with his co-presenter and three female guests, including Women's Equality Party leader Sophie Walker.

Morgan said: "For every woman who marches with good intent there are women who I would categorise as rabid feminists who don't like men very much."

Less than an hour before McGregor was due to appear, Reid and Morgan said he would be coming on the programme at 08:20 GMT to discuss Trainspotting sequel T2.

Morgan said McGregor was only one of two actors his wife "fancied" and that the interview "could be awkward".

Earlier this morning, Good Morning Britain tweeted: "Uh-oh... where's @mcgregor_ewan?

"Maybe he wants to avoid the tension of knowing @piersmorgan's wife has the hots for him?"
    I would avoid Piers Morgan too, what do you think

He may be 'just an actor', but Piers Morgan is just a bad clown.

Deleted
    It's fascinating how unpopular Piers Morgan is. It's always "Thank God the c-nt is on the other side of the pond." Seems like the US doesn't miss him.
    Team Ewan, because Piers is Ebola.

7+ Year Old Account
    Snowflakes get upset when confronted with the truth

Deleted
    America had no right sending him back here

7+ Year Old Account
    Shit lords are his specialty.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think he realizes it's not a case of opinion, but asshole statements.

Don't like Piers.....but he's right this time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by swisscheese View Post
    Don't like Piers.....but he's right this time
    I don't see how... Ewan doesn't have to engage with people who can't tweet opinions without using slagging people off. Ewan doesn't need Good Morning to sell a movie, he can use other shows.

Deleted
    Obviously the guy is a dick. A moron like that has no place doing interviews.
    Edit:
    Looks like piers is having a complete meltdown on twitter.
    Last edited by mmocfe2bab4c21; 2017-01-24 at 06:17 PM.

God I hate Piers Morgan. I can understand why Jeremy Clarkson punched him in the face. He's such an annoying bellend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Obviously the guy is a dick. A moron like that has no place doing interviews.
    Edit:
    Looks like piers is having a complete meltdown on twitter.
    I know it's embarrassing

FFS Piers STFU you sound like a stood up date

Can we start a petition to get the opinionated arsehole off the TV? So we don't have to wake up to this twat everyday!

America, take him back, please!

Deleted
    He is attacking Evan handler on twitter now because he played a fucking role in californication. Like wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    America had no right sending him back here
    Hahahahaahahahahahaha thats great.

Rich Elite squabble, news at 11

Oh man, Piers Morgan's Twitter feed is bloody fantastic right now.

He's having such a glorious temper tantrum over this, thanks for the chuckles this morning.

If it is good enough for this man.

Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Yes...Ewan Mcgregor is "just an actor"...and Piers Morgan is "just a morning TV Show Host"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I would love to go on GMB just so i could ask him why he felt the need to hack a dead childs phone.