10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)

How does the night elven wood sucking even work ?

So this is something that was bothering me since warcraft 3. Unlike any other races, night elves do not cut trees and instead attach a wisps to them that go spiny spin and do all the sucking. And bam - the wood is here. But how does it work ? Are they hollowing trees and teleporting the wood ? Are they just getting DNA samples and replicate them and synthetic wood ? Are they getting the wood and healing the tree to create infinite wood (as it was in w3) ?

Also, in what form does the wood gets into night elven storages ? Surely its not a planks. Do they teleport it as shapeless mass and then shape it back ?

I don't think Night elves harvest wood at all. That was a game mechanic needed for the race to be somewhwat balanced in an RTS. Lorewise I'd imagine nightelves are some kind of "woodbenders". They form trees in a shape they like and places houses in there.

But that's just my speculation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    I don't think Nightelves harvest wood at all. That was a game mechanic needed for the race to be somewhwat balanced in an RTS. Lorewise I'd imagine nightelves are some kind of "woodbenders". They form trees in a shape they like and places houses in there.

Oh so they have something like eldar bonesingers ? But wood...so woodsingers ?

You should probably rename this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

7+ Year Old Account
    they just lead the wood how it should grow.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-07-15 at 02:13 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

The spirits make the wood grow into whatever shape is needed, they don't chop it all down and saw it up, they grow it into the shapes they want.... Probably.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Oh so they have something like eldar bonesingers ? But wood...so woodsingers ?
    The way it is described in the novels this seems to be the case.

7+ Year Old Account
    [George Takei]
    Oh, MY
    [/George Takei]

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    I don't think Night elves harvest wood at all. That was a game mechanic needed for the race to be somewhwat balanced in an RTS. Lorewise I'd imagine nightelves are some kind of "woodbenders". They form trees in a shape they like and places houses in there.

Sounds the most valid we can get without Word of God.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

I think that was just a game mechanics. Wisps directly grow trees and other things, they don't need to gather wood first.

10+ Year Old Account
    But then how they make bows and other craftsmaship ? Also wooden parts of stone buildings. I mean its kinda hard to imagine them "growing" a chair.

Magic.

Wisps have the capability to mold wood into nearly any form. A wisp can change the shape of up to a 5-foot cube of wood, shifting the wood’s dimensions at will.
    RPG book so it's not really canon, but it's as close to canon as we can get I guess.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    But then how they make bows and other craftsmaship ? Also wooden parts of stone buildings. I mean its kinda hard to imagine them "growing" a chair.
    We don't know the exact process, but they do use magic.

The Alliance has recently moved in to the west, using their elven magics to grow a town and grove in a short matter of time. We must keep their defenses weak so that they do not also grow a spine.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Questust_from_the_Drakes

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    magic! easy
    case closed and finished.

They prob just suck wood like humans suck wood.

OH, that's not what you mean.