Poll: Who will Trump pick for his VP?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I liked Pence back when he actually had some conviction and principles, but ever since he started his transition from Congress to the Governors Mansion he's turned into a total shitshow. I wonder how his good friend Jeb Bush is going to take this news haha.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Lol she can't be VP, she's an immigrant.
    Ivanka Marie Trump
    October 30, 1981 (age 34)
    Manhattan, New York, United States?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivanka_Trump.

What?

I want the 6 wife ticket.

ugh he better not pick Flynn, he pretty much kneecapped it himself but still... might as well be that bitch boy Christie.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fuck you Trump. Fuck you really. You little stupid shithead. How hard is to pick Gingrich you ass licker? I hope the burden of picking an openly homophobic candidate crushes your stupid campaign.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ronald Mcdonald

7+ Year Old Account
    Well all the noise today is it's going to be Pence. The first thing Pence will do is renounce his fervent support of trade deals he expressed in the past.
    Another thing republicans run against the majority of experts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Ivanka Marie Trump
    October 30, 1981 (age 34)
    Manhattan, New York, United States?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivanka_Trump.

What?
    Brain fart. Was thinking of his wife.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Fuck you Trump. Fuck you really. You little stupid shithead. How hard is to pick Gingrich you ass licker? I hope the burden of picking an openly homophobic candidate crushes your stupid campaign.
    Well one small hope is it's not officially announced yet. How much did you loose?
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't Newt Gingrich the guy who wanted to be ruler of the Moon?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Wasn't Newt Gingrich the guy who wanted to be ruler of the Moon?
    Thinks of himself as a grand visionary and proposed moon bases. Not sure if he actually wanted to rule them though.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Mike Pence? Trump just lost the election.

Useless, boring choice that gets Trump nothing he didn't have already. Shoulda gone for the ex-DIA Director.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thinks of himself as a grand visionary and proposed moon bases. Not sure if he actually wanted to rule them though.
    I'm pretty sure people have proposed moon bases for decades, if not hundreds of years.

The only difference is that they weren't running to be leader of the free world. Or, in this case, his lackey.

Though I guess a giant show-of-power money pit on the moon is a better idea than a giant show-of-power money pit on the mexican border.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Mike Pence? Trump just lost the election.

Useless, boring choice that gets Trump nothing he didn't have already. Shoulda gone for the ex-DIA Director.
    Everyone says this is the "safe" choice but personally I disagree. Like you said hes boring and the only thing I see of value from him is he can sure up the rust belt Ted Cruz supporter but personally that's not worth with how he is disliked in Indiana and some of the weird stuff like the whole funerals for aborted fetuses. Worst part is he is Pro-free trade which would be in direct conflict with a populist like Trump.

Gingrich, when not talking about social conservative stuff, is a brilliant, highly nuanced and highly detailed ideas guy. His proposal for colonizing the moon - if you want to do that - is pretty much exactly the way it should go, from a technical, organizational and legal angle. He's clearly spent a lot of time researching it and planning it out because it's important to him personally.

The most controversial notion, which really shouldn't be, is that after the Lunar Outpost population reaches a certain threshold, it (the colony, not the whole Moon) become a US territory, and then in in time a US State as people live and have children there. This actually makes a huge amount of sense, no matter the off-planet destination. Sure the first visitors are likely to be Government Employees (Astronauts) followed by carefully vetted contractors. But over time, as missions go from 3 years to 7 years to 15 years to indefinite, people will start getting married, having families on the Moon (or Mars) and no longer be government employees or contractors. They'll be civilians in a workforce.

His vision is applicable to anywhere because it actually addresses the thing that starry-eyed space idealists look over, which is the legal framework. What if someone on the moon physically assaults somebody else? Probably won't happen if they're NASA Astronauts. But what happens if there is a base of 500 people. Probably will happen. How does the law handle that?

The controversial notion about the colony->territory->state thing has to do with revving dormant (but still valid) sections of the US Constitution and US Code for handling unorganized territories, that the US last made use of on a large scale with Alaska and Hawaii. But it is entirely applicable to the Moon, Mars or anywhere else. However for it to be legal, the US would have to withdraw from the Outer Space Treaty if 1967. However, among space enthusiasts, that needs to happen anyway as it is blamed for nearly zeroing the growth of commercial spaceflight until recently by preventing ownership claims by governments, individuals or businesses. In the past two years, the US, as it has been setting up it's commercial spaceflight legal framework (spurred by SpaceX and others), has basically instructed commercial firms to ignore that provision of the Outer Space Treaty. It's a dead clause walking.

Gingrich was lampooned for the Moon stuff. He shouldn't have been. He knows his stuff about it, and more than that, this is a major American politician who isn't talking warp drives and a real life Federation. He's talking about bills passing in congress where he served, and applying existing law, to legally enable a hugely ambitious American undertaking.

Right left or center, we should applaud Gingrich for a very grounded approach to something that small minded and unambitious people like Barack Obama lampooned as quixotic. And that's coming from someone who doesn't even particularly like Newt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    Everyone says this is the "safe" choice but personally I disagree. Like you said hes boring and the only thing I see of value from him is he can sure up the rust belt Ted Cruz supporter but personally that's not worth with how he is disliked in Indiana and some of the weird stuff like the whole funerals for aborted fetuses. Worst part is he is Pro-free trade which would be in direct conflict with a populist like Trump.
    The rust belt stuff won't get trump that far. Besides, the narrative of the ex- DIA director saying "I served under Obama, and worked with Clinton... I was fired because I objected to their course, this is why they're dead wrong and why Hillary must be stopped" is a far stronger narrative.

Probably comes down tot he fact that the DIA Director is a Democrat. That just goes to show how Obama works though - you're not a true believer kowtowing to the Ben Rhodes written work of fiction? You're done.

Personally I would have loved the Director making Obama pay and keep paying for his many foreign policy and security mistakes the past 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Gingrich is a loon and doesn't appeal to moderates at all, he would have been a terrible choice.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like it is going to be Pence. Good choice. He will help to unite the party and consolidate the conservative base.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Looks like it is going to be Pence. Good choice. He will help to unite the party and consolidate the conservative base.
    Yeah. No he won't. Still not voting for Trump. Not in a million years. #NeverTrump means Never Trump.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hulk hogan!!!!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Brain fart. Was thinking of his wife.

- - - Updated - - -

Well one small hope is it's not officially announced yet. How much did you loose?
    500$ which roughly translates into 3500 Bs. Rip any luxury product I could think of for an entire month.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Gingrich is a loon and doesn't appeal to moderates at all, he would have been a terrible choice.
    Yeah, but I had money on Gingrich.

ah thank god, Mike Flynn dodged a major fuckin bullet there.