Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Definitely picking one of these up for myself. I hope others follow suit and there is a SNES, Master System and Genesis 'mini' at some point too!

I feel the SNES had the greatest lineup of games in the history of any platform for video gaming. Most hold up to this day via emulation. That l;ibraby of games is unrivaled in my opinion and I would love to see a means to play them again comfortably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    This is awesome and ima buy one
    though i gladly pay, idk, 75 bucks for one where i would select the 30 games.
    75$ is a great price if you conside $45 for the system and $1 a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is pretty neat, will definitely pick one up. A bit disappointed they didn't have Batman: The Video Game but then again I wasn't expecting them to have it anyway. I just really liked that game. Guess I'll just have to keep my old NES hooked up for that. Also disappointed that there isn't any Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 up there. Maybe I'm asking for too much I don't know. Would've been nice if they could've continued supporting by adding more games to it along the way or maybe come out with another one that has more third party games on it, that'd be pretty sweet. I'd get both of them if they did that. Might be able to put my NES to rest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Definitely picking one of these up for myself. I hope others follow suit and there is a SNES, Master System and Genesis 'mini' at some point too!

I feel the SNES had the greatest lineup of games in the history of any platform for video gaming. Most hold up to this day via emulation. That l;ibraby of games is unrivaled in my opinion and I would love to see a means to play them again comfortably.
    Omg if they come out with a SNES and Genesis version I would die. That'd be so awesome.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

You guys asking for genesis realize Nintendo stole this idea from Sega and those have been around forever right?

https://www.amazon.com/AtGames-Genes...s+sega+genesis

Most cartridges even work on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You guys asking for genesis realize Nintendo stole this idea from Sega and those have been around forever right?

The Sega ones are ok, the thing to keep in mind with a lot of them though is that Sega themselves didn't make them themselves, they were just officially licensed by them for sale unlike all of the Famiclone/Chinese knock-off systems that flooded everywhere. While some do play the original cartridges, they are not perfect in all regards such as sound quality and though they also have some built-in Mega Drive games (like Gain Ground which is awesome), they also pad out the collection with a bunch of crap knock-off shovel ware plug-n-play games as well.

I would say the best collection for Genesis/Mega Drive was a series of retail PC releases they did a few years back. They eventually did a "complete edition" of the releases and it even had some games that Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection didn't have like Gunstar Heroes and Alien Soldier.
    ---------------------------

It would have been pretty cool to seen them throw a curve ball and throw in one of the more expensive rarities on the NES on this as well, like Little Samson, Mr. Gimmick, Mighty Final Fight or Gargoyles Quest II. Hell since they have 3rd party support on this and already have one Square game on here, they could have REALLY hyped the shit out of this by putting the Nintendo World Championship on it (if they could get the rights from the Tetris Company/Ubi/whoever the hell owns the rights currently).

I am kind of interested to see if this revives the plug-n-play trend for the HDMI generation with this. Despite the metric shit ton of shovel ware joysticks we got before, I still enjoyed a lot of the ones that did come out, especially ones that included some more obscure games that most people never played or never got a proper home version in the case of some arcade games. I also really liked the Colecovision/2600/Intillivision ones since they sometimes included some homebrew games that Atari now regarded as "official" releases and some completely unreleased games as well.

Crystalis
    It really is a shame they didn't add this since Nintendo actually does own the rights to the IP. I am not sure though if that retroactively means they would have the rights from the original SNK version though.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2016-07-15 at 03:27 PM.

They don't have the built-in games nor are they HDMI out from what I found online.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't have the built-in games nor are they HDMI out from what I found online.
    Not sure which one he linked, but there are official ones with built in Mega Drive games (and a whole bunch of shit shovel ware crap also), but yeah no HDMI on the ones I am aware of.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2016-07-15 at 03:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why bother with this limited product, when you can buy a Hyperkin Supaboy, which is only about $60.

RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

If you're into retro games you should have either an hdmi converter box, or a CRT laying around anyways. Also yes, the one I liked has 80 built in games(prob half shovel ware)

No River City Ransom, Jackal, Metal Gear, or Contra? Not sure if trolling, Nintendo.
    Last edited by Xcruiser; 2016-07-15 at 04:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just checked that Genesis system, and yeah that's the one I was thinking of. I know for sure it has the three Sonic games, all three Golden Axe games (pretty sure 3 was with it), all three Streets of Rage, for some reason has Chakan the Forever Man in it, I think it had The Ooze and Kid Chameleon in it, pretty sure it had Gain Ground and it has some version of Virtua Fighter 2, unlike Virtua Racing I dont personally recall a Mega Drive adaption of it and I want to say its the 32X version, but I am probably wrong. Plus of course your usual Genesis collection contents that you would normally expect. And then Chinese shovel ware if you feel like hating yourself.

If you're into retro games you should have either an hdmi converter box, or a CRT laying around anyways.
    I don't agree with this line of thought at all.

I don't agree with this line of thought at all.
    Doesn't matter if you agree or not, retro games typically look like ass on HDTVs even with HDMI. Wii U VC games look like ass, this thing isn't going to look any better(especially since it's the Wii VC versions running in the box)

In fact it not having AV outputs to put into a CRT(my personal choice) or an expensive HDMI converter(which would give a much more accurate image ala a CRT) is a reason I won't touch it with a 20 foot pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcruiser View Post
    No River City Ransom, Jackal, Metal Gear, or Contra? Not sure if trolling, Nintendo.
    Metal Gear was terrible though. Bugs everywhere. And it didn't even actually have Metal Gear in the NES version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Metal Gear was terrible though. Bugs everywhere. And it didn't even actually have Metal Gear in the NES version.
    On the other hand, the much forgotten and dismissed Snake's Revenge is actually really enjoyable. Not only is it good as an action game, but its still a better stealth game then the NES version original.

The BEST stealth game on the NES though has got to be Mission: Impossible. It was even made by Konami, they should have just dropped the license for it and branded it as Metal Gear 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    That's pretty awesome; I'll definitely drop $60 on it.

- - - Updated - - -

This. I tried hooking up my N64 to my 32" HDTV not too long ago and when I popped in Goldeneye I honestly couldn't see shit, it was so pixelated. Hopefully if this takes off they'll do it for other consoles as well.
    fortnuatly good CRT tvs are cheap now, while they used to cost thousands of dollars u can get high quality ones for like 50-100$.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Why bother with this limited product, when you can buy a Hyperkin Supaboy, which is only about $60.

Cus iv read it doesnt read or work alot.

Also , wtf no metal gear?

That list of games is very underwhelming to me with some big duds in there. It is well known that Super Tecmo Bowl is by far the Tecmo Bowl of choice for fans of the classic era football games. Castlevania 2? That game is reviled by many fans of that series. One turn based RPG in Final Fantasy is okay but I'd loved to see Dragon Warrior 3 on the list. No Contra? No River City Ransom?

All in all I think the system needs a lot more games included before I'd plunk down that kind of money. I know the system will likely sell quite well so many they'll do something to add more games to it later.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Only 30 games is kind of lame. Cool form factor though, I'll be buying one to put my Retropie in that has thousands of games for half the price.
    was about to say as well. cant hold a candle to my PI.neat idea though. finally cashing in on the nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    before I'd plunk down that kind of money
    Serious? 60$?

They have also officially announced that what you see is what you get. No more games.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Serious? 60$?

They have also officially announced that what you see is what you get. No more games.
    Give it 6 months after release and someone will probanly find a way to mod it to have more games.