Page 36 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    And this is my problem. One time someone lied and it paid off, and we're going to remember it for the next 42 games, despite the fact that for all those 42 games all the lies do is fuck things over.

Graeham I don't recall you lying about your role in that game. What did you lie about?

- - - Updated - - -

Also Xan is correct. Lying as town is meh. If we accept town lying, we end up with a crappy meta where everyone lies including scum.

7+ Year Old Account
    Xanj my goal was to buy a little time without outing my role. I'm now on limited time before a NK.

Dupti. The kill digs imply a vig. I don't think scum would go for low posters. So they were blocked somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Graeham I don't recall you lying about your role in that game. What did you lie about?
    I deliberately lied about the fact that I was a 'Necromancer' by avoiding any and all references to that fact. I also pretended that my 'Feign Death' ability in that game was, in fact, me being targeted, killed and then reviving myself.

I'm not sure agree. If it's a vigi, he managed to kill off two towns including one TPR. Killing off players with low activity is okayish as vigi, but Arialla never posts much especially not d1 and the Uggor kill was very questionable (because of what Uggor said). We also had decent leads so if it is a vigi he needs to relax and read the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I deliberately lied about the fact that I was a 'Necromancer' by avoiding any and all references to that fact.
    That's not lying.

I also pretended that my 'Feign Death' ability in that game was, in fact, me being targeted, killed and then reviving myself.
    I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryllian View Post
    Xanj my goal was to buy a little time without outing my role. I'm now on limited time before a NK.
    Except all it did was make you the prime target for a lynch today, and cast even more doubt over your current claim. Realistically it costs far more than you can possibly hope to gain.

Buying time isnt the plan, the plan here is to trap the scum in lies. Just like Large got caught in a lie a game or two back, when we catch people in lies they're forced to tell that's how we get lynches. Lying as a town just muddies the water and makes it harder to focus on the other lies being told. Because scum HAVE to lie remember, as town we don't have to.

Anyway,

Unless he gets counterclaimed, I see no reason to lynch him today.
    Unvote Kryllian

- - - Updated - - -

I'm definitely not going to vote for Cruelle though.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    I'm definitely not going to vote for Cruelle though.
    Strange. We pretty much need to at this point. Town's priority is gathering key information. The most important bit of information right now is whether or not Cruelle is telling the truth. If she is, that means there's at least one crazy role in the game...with the real risk of there being more. That changes Town's 'comfortable' position quite a bit. If she's lying...well, she's either a Jester (in which case seeing her lynched isn't the worst thing in the world because a Jester's goal is to be lynched so there's no guarantee that they're going to do anything other than bait a lynch for the duration of the game) or scum. If it's the latter then there might be more sinister stuff at play - we don't know what, exactly, but if something weird/unfortunate occurs then again, we then know if there's weird roles or not present.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Kryllian apparently fake claimed the "if I'm not lynched I can invest someone on my train" and is supposedly a doc? Still not entirely sure I buy it but it's not enough to make me want to vote him right now. So that pretty much leaves Cruelle as a lynch option and I'm not entirely sure I want to lynch him. If he's telling the truth that would be amazing for us. If he's lying and is a jester that's okay, if he's scum that's amazing.

Just a reminder Cruelle likes to make big plays no matter his role. Like the kpop game where he claimed hide as a survivor, the HP game where he fake claimed a tpr as mafia.

In short I will most likely vote Cruelle.

Vote: Cruelle

Apologies for the absence today. Work turned into a shitstorm.

I'm very, very wary about this Cruelle situation, but I'm caught between that hesitation and having trouble logically justifying not lynching him today. Either he's town and telling the truth, he's town and leaving something out (in which case I generally trust his judgment), or he's scum. The scum scenario is concerning due to his desire to be lynched, as god only knows what the motive is in that scenario, but I can't even really attempt to sell "we shouldn't lynch the scum because I think he wants to be lynched".

If he's a Jester, then honestly whatever. We're in a good position, and it's better to get him out of the way now than to have to deal with him later.

In the event that Cruelle is telling the truth about taking someone with him, I'm unsure about Kryllian. His claim aside, I think the unanimity with which we settled on him is concerning. It's possible scum saw the way the wind was blowing and jumped on board early, but it's also possible that they jumped on the chance to help town push one of their own.

@dupti, thoughts on Listo? At this point I'd almost prefer Cruelle take him, instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I feel Marack, Shiro and Graeham should be considered suspicious. Along with Listo. And Danner, maybe Dupti too, oh definitely Anakso. Reticence for sure, dethmourne probably too and then Virothe as well.

In all seriousness I think Marack/Shrio/Graeham are actually the three causing the most doubts in my mind right now.
    Not to be dense, but how many of those beyond Marack/Shiro/Graeham are actually legit suspicions? I agree with a handful of them, but some of the others are kind of bewildering to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Reticence View Post
    Not to be dense, but how many of those beyond Marack/Shiro/Graeham are actually legit suspicions? I agree with a handful of them, but some of the others are kind of bewildering to me.
    The three I listed as serious. There were some others (Listo at least) that are half serious, but I just decided to name everyone I could remember at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we believe Cruelle and he can have a chance to take someone with his lynch, if it ends up being me I guess I could understand. But in honesty I believe we should let Cruelle choose based on what he has seen, with a bit of nominations from us.

The three I listed as serious. There were some others (Listo at least) that are half serious, but I just decided to name everyone I could remember at that point.
    Okay, that's what I figured. Thanks.

Deleted
    I'm caught between that hesitation and having trouble logically justifying not lynching him today.
    If the mafia think the exchange is worth it and take me out tonight(I think the cop will go myself). Please don't forget you said this.

also

Just to add Dupti asked an excellent question earlier about investigating Jynx over Bloodfox. Can't remember if it was answered or not but I felt it was an excellent question. Will have to look later.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelle View Post
    If the mafia think the exchange is worth it and take me out tonight(I think the cop will go myself). Please don't forget you said this.
    Please explain? I think I know what you mean, but I'm pre-coffee and not all synapses are firing at the moment.

Deleted
    Please explain? I think I know what you mean, but I'm pre-coffee and not all synapses are firing at the moment.
    It's a half wifom point. I get two abilities they don't know which 2 I get. They may kill me especially if Crackle isn't the cop. Once you have my rolecard information I want you to remember the above quote I posted #714.

Out of curiosity what, exactly, is the cause of the suspicion in regards to me?

Your accent.

Deleted
    Your accent.
    Actually laughed out loud.

It's a half wifom point. I get two abilities they don't know which 2 I get. They may kill me especially if Crackle isn't the cop. Once you have my rolecard information I want you to remember the above quote I posted #714.
    Ah. Noted.

Your accent.
    Actually laughed out loud.
    ^ This.