Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephirdd View Post
    Code:
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][] Shadow Word: Pain
    Code:
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][] Vampiric Touch
    Also, on xavius: you ignore the tentacles. Cleave classes can cleave them if they want, and you could mouseover-dot a few of them to get a few extra spirits out of them, but as soon as the insanity drain starts getting into the high numbers(50+ stacks is already an issue for me), you stop focusing adds and focus solely on Xavius. That means you'll rely on your allies to kill horrors as well, while you tunnel the boss. VT/SWP provide very little insanity upfront so you dont want to be switching targets too much, ESPECIALLY when targets die as easily as they do on Xavius. And again, you usually ignore tentacles simply because they are not worth killing: they spawn too fast and you need to kill Xavius asap on that phase, as well as the horrors being higher priority due to their AoE if they get close to Xavius.
    Thank you for the macros!
    I know i can ignore tentacles on xav... they are not a problem at all. But if i ignore the tentacles... the dps is much lower. Right now if it get into p1 dream I can pull about 450kish dps in hc ignoring the tentacles, but a similiar geared priest i play with does well over 500k and checking logs I noticed the real big difference between us comes at the end when he ends up casting 15 more swp and 15 vt more than me in the last 2 minutes... the dots at that point really seem to hurt with high stacks. Need to pratice some I guess... but was lookin for hints about how to handle it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    I apologize if this is the wrong place for this, but how does the priest in this video do it? Is it just all gear? How does one pull those numbers off?

I really would like to play shadow and do some mythics, so I'd like to learn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzhaeMUWydw

Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    I apologize if this is the wrong place for this, but how does the priest in this video do it? Is it just all gear? How does one pull those numbers off?

Pretty sure he has the Twins Legendary Ring, which makes a big difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post

That is top 0.5% skill right there. And as channel owner in the comments said, he has the Legendary ring, efficient use of PI and two good AoE trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Taustins View Post
    That is top 0.5% skill right there. And as channel owner in the comments said, he has the Legendary ring, efficient use of PI and two good AoE trinkets.
    Out of curiosity what are the 'good aoe trinkets'?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocedic View Post
    Out of curiosity what are the 'good aoe trinkets'?
    This is what that uploader said.

He was doing 1212213 as we had tyranical and needed the st burst for one of the bosses so he had to run StM for that, other than that he just used his PI effectively and he had the legendary ring "The Twins' Painful Touch" which is great for spreading dots quickly. he used darkmoon + plague hive trinket aswell, statprio is haste>>crit>int>>rest if u want to ask him any questions, poke him ingame, Flaybach on Draenor EU
    and

For the first run yes but we did this dung over and over again till we made the timer for like 8 hours, so this run didnt give any loot as the key was depleted 
    Everything about that run was pre-planned, pre-arranged and executed with that knowledge in mind.

I doubt you'll hit those numbers even if you get his gear.

I don't know how that person tolerates having the tooltip on his cursor, obscuring a decent chunk of his screen whenever he mouses over something.

So, any Ideas about the new potion? Is it better than deadly grace?

2500 Stats for 60s seems pretty decent.

You'll be able to prepot with it and have it last entirely through your first Voidform, so that alone will probably make me buy it.

That and the fact that it won't be ludicrously expensive.

In response to the mouseover macros, is there any difference between Zeph's macro vs /target mouseover /cast XXX?

I wonder if i should give shadow a shot , i can now reach up to rank 22 which will make me miss the 3rd gold trait - swp buff - overall shadow damage buff , is rank 22 with 855-860ilvl good enough for mythic? how much dps do i lose by not having these 7 last traits? the good thing about my ilvl is that it may not be the best but all pieces offer critical and a lot of haste and also many have sockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I wonder if i should give shadow a shot , i can now reach up to rank 22 which will make me miss the 3rd gold trait - swp buff - overall shadow damage buff , is rank 22 with 855-860ilvl good enough for mythic? how much dps do i lose by not having these 7 last traits? the good thing about my ilvl is that it may not be the best but all pieces offer critical and a lot of haste and also many have sockets.
    In my experience people aren't interested in SPs for mythic + unless you outgear the content or youre in a guild group. It's much easier to find groups as a healer. I'm at 869 and it's still rough getting into good mythic + groups out of guild.

Quote Originally Posted by elsus View Post
    In my experience people aren't interested in SPs for mythic + unless you outgear the content or youre in a guild group. It's much easier to find groups as a healer. I'm at 869 and it's still rough getting into good mythic + groups out of guild.
    That is strange , im guildless atm and they ask me to join at mythic progress guilds as shadow

Quote Originally Posted by doofy View Post
    In response to the mouseover macros, is there any difference between Zeph's macro vs /target mouseover /cast XXX?
    /target mouseover /cast physically changes your target away from what you had selected
    /cast [target=X] does not change your selected target
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    That is strange , im guildless atm and they ask me to join at mythic progress guilds as shadow
    mythic+ refers to dungeon mythic keystones, while Mythic Raids are entirely another beast.

Shadow Priests are gods in raids, and pretty terrible in mythic keystone dungeons. So there's that. 855+ ilv is definitely enough for Mythic, but you'll be cutting it close - either way you have to start somewhere, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by doofy View Post
    my macros do not switch targets(unlike /target mouseover) so you can have the boss on your main target and go nuts with SWP on other mobs without losing the target. It also means it's slightly worse if you want to do SWP->MindFlay or to make sure you do SWP->VT->MindFlay on the same target, but it's better if all you want to do is leave the dot and get back into the main target.

Deleted
    Shadow Priests are gods in raids, and pretty terrible in mythic keystone dungeons. So there's that. 855+ ilv is definitely enough for Mythic, but you'll be cutting it close - either way you have to start somewhere, right?
    Why is everybody talking about how shadow is so bad for mythic+. Ok we have no burst Aoe but our cleave damage in higher mythic+ is pretty good. I can always keep up pretty well with most other dds in overall damage in higher Dungeons and for something like tyrannical S2M is super strong. Besides that we also bring good utility: one of the lowest cd aoe stuns, mass dispel, purge, vampiric embrace, minor heal between pulls and we can resurrect.

Quote Originally Posted by -Septic- View Post
    Why is everybody talking about how shadow is so bad for mythic+. Ok we have no burst Aoe but our cleave damage in higher mythic+ is pretty good. I can always keep up pretty well with most other dds in overall damage in higher Dungeons and for something like tyrannical S2M is super strong. Besides that we also bring good utility: one of the lowest cd aoe stuns, mass dispel, purge, vampiric embrace, minor heal between pulls and we can resurrect.
    Because very few people run 10+ mythics. Let alone on a regular basis.

Telling the vast majority of players, who only play in Myhic +2-5 that they can fuck off because someone brought a shadowpriest to a mythic 15 is not an acceptable answer (despite this being what the devs told us in their Q&A)
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Because very few people run 10+ mythics. Let alone on a regular basis.

Telling the vast majority of players, who only play in Myhic +2-5 that they can fuck off because someone brought a shadowpriest to a mythic 15 is not an acceptable answer (despite this being what the devs told us in their Q&A)
    fun fact: even the player himself who did the +15 concedes that it would probably have been better to bring a hunter instead, but they finished it with the priest out of friendship after trying it for countless hours.

Yeah, a SPs can do it, but other classes can do it much better. It's simple as that.

Here's the thing: Shadowpriests are good in Mythic+ with a legendary (the twin ring.) Without it, they're pretty bad. So it seems the class is balanced in Mythic+ around a random super rare drop. As someone who is fortunate enough to have the ring, I feel pretty good in Mythic+ at almost all levels (granted, not gonna be speed clearing +2 and +3 but I don't care about those anyway.) However, I can see why it's frustrating for other priests who are trying to progress and feel inadequate on trash without the ring. It's a real shame we were balanced that way.

In raids, as everyone knows we are top tier. But they will be nerfing S2M and we don't know where the chips will fall. There's a good chance we may lose our niche once those changes go through.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    im also using your stat weight for pawn but i have to ask if it take in consideration the use proc, i have that rings with

1050 crit and 786 mastery + 5% dmg and heal on 3 min cd
    vs
    1213 haste and 555 mastery

pawn say its a 10% upgrade but idk if it take in consideration the +5% dmg every 3 min

also if i change that ring i will fall under 20%crit
    I'd go with the haste, you'll make up for the lost crit with additional haste. Besides once you have multiple targets 20% crit becomes less and less of a must since you'll be rolling in Shadow Apparitions like no tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruissen View Post
    Wondering where I can find the SImC APL. Trying to get into doing my own sims for stat weights and the like (even though I know I still need to get to 12k haste). The default option has my haste as the lowest weight, and I know that can't be right. Looking for a little help >.>
    There's a link directly to the APL they used on H2P for simc with StM.

SimC can't handle StM in longer fights so the way it was calculated was doing 2 sims per fight type/length, one with no 100 talent, then a much shorter one (150s) with no lust or pot for the second. Those weights were combined using weighted values then put together to make the stat weights they published.

That's the general process of how they did it. That's just for StM though, Other talents are much easier to work with as they don't kill you if you make a mistake
    Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    So, any Ideas about the new potion? Is it better than deadly grace?

2500 Stats for 60s seems pretty decent.
    Feely craft says deadly grace pre pull and stat pot during StM would be better. Probably get more stacks of StM that way too.
    mythic+ refers to dungeon mythic keystones, while Mythic Raids are entirely another beast.

Shadow Priests are gods in raids, and pretty terrible in mythic keystone dungeons. So there's that. 855+ ilv is definitely enough for Mythic, but you'll be cutting it close - either way you have to start somewhere, right?.
    Shadow is weaker at 2-5 yes but beyond that we become quite strong.