Came here to ask this, seems like a damn good trinket.
    Yea, I have 6 coins to burn and since Jim is still awhile away, I might blow them on it depending on how it ranks.

It'll rank fairly decently. I'll be adding it when I'm home.

Quote Originally Posted by surgency View Post
    Guild was melee heavy and asked me to switch to my Spriest.. first time raiding heroic EN last night.. talk about a stressful experience.

I recently joined this guild to progress on my rogue. I have very* little experience playing my spriest.. it was an alt I leveled shortly after legion's release and it sort of sat around collecting artifact knowledge scrolls. So, I was happy to give it a shot and agreed to learn the spec and switch.

Mother of god, how do you guys deal with it? I know it's a video game and I shouldn't get so worked up about a class, but jesus... it was next level stress for me haha. Good news is that when it clicked, it felt really good.

If you're interested, my logs are here: warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/19378347/10/

I made huge errors on both Nyth and Ursoc, so I know ways to improve there, but I had a question about Il'gynoth. I felt like I was doing everything I could on that encounter.. multi dotting everything then popping STM to drop heart when we got inside. Obviously my parse is showing I did not do well and am curious as to what I could do better.

Thanks everyone!
    -Mind Sear dmg is low, it seems you didnt use it when all the slimes were clumped up for exploding
    -Not enough VB, 17 the entire fight is low since you went into VF 4 times
    -While the Eye is below 35% from all the slimes exploding on him, you can DoT it to keep ToF up and if your confident in S2M try to gain 30 stacks of VF before entering the heart. Use SWD on eye if you are dipping low on insanity if your using that strat.

New patch notes, shadow seems to be getting ACTUAL AOE, even if s2m is getting nerfed to the ground I'm excited

those changes... i'm in love.

Homophobia is so gay.

Oh my God actual quality of life AOE changes.

Mind Sear is dead, SW:P chains damage while channeling Flay, Void Bolt extends dots in an AOE. Is this what joy feels like?

void bolt extends the dots by 3 sec in case ppl were wondering cause the datamining fucked it up

Deleted
    Don't rejoice too much, LOTV and mind spike are still the same, we are still jailed into a nerfed STM.

Deleted
    Yea not sure what are people happy for... shadow is much more useful now with the actual S2M and shit aoe than in 7.1.5 with better aoe but with S2M nerfed to hell. S2M is the reason we are good in raid.

What are they doing with Void Lord/Lingering Insanity? They renamed Void Lord as Lingering Insanity, what could it mean?

Also, MF is now basically Mind Sear if the target has SWP, but this still means that we will have to manually put dots on everything before using the 'new mind sear'... Or am I forgetting something? It doesn't sound like a real QoL buff...

Rather disappointed by the changes. The AoE stuff is nice but the other things... not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Naga Coatl View Post
    What are they doing with Void Lord/Lingering Insanity? They renamed Void Lord as Lingering Insanity, what could it mean?
    basically what they did is made it so lingering insanity completely vanishes once you leave voidform unless you take the talent called lingering insanity (previously void lord) which reduces the haste bonus by 2% each second until there are no more stacks of the buff.

Well they had to do something about the loss of enemygrid , i think it should be impossible to refresh dots now and also keep track of dots on mobs , with these changes you can just tab dot everything and follow through with your rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Well they had to do something about the loss of enemygrid , i think it should be impossible to refresh dots now and also keep track of dots on mobs , with these changes you can just tab dot everything and follow through with your rotation.
    yeah actual aoe/cleave mechanics means this class is actually mechanically solid for once in like... ever. totally fine if the mind sear/flay change means that you only get the SWP damage and not the insane resource gen or procs as long as it doesn't turn the game into a protracted mourning period for enemygrid.

might actually level/play my ex-main now. horry shet.

all they need to do are tooltip buffs to make up for S2M nerfs but at least they're acknowledging that having zero meaningful aoe tools (and being the only class/spec with this problem) is unacceptable.

So basically they turned Void Lord from a talent that boosts our VF damage into a crappy version of the standard Lingering Insanity? Unless this new LI gets carried into the next VF, I can't understand why they would do that. It's another hit to our outdoor strength anyway.

Also, MF says that it 'spreads' the SWP damage, but the modified trait also includes VT into the 'spread damage', so... We'll see as usual I suppose.

I'm surprised that Mind Spike is still the same.

Ok so before people start saying the sky is following here's what the changes mean for us:

StM: Slight nerf due to AS insanity being brought down, and VB still generating 16 insanity at base. Overall slight nerf, should still be able to hit 3rd torrent.
    LotV: Indirectly buffed due to increase base insanity generation from MB, SW: P, VT, and Mind Flay.

With sear gone we now have a couple of choices for AoE:
    Short lived targets: Dot 1 and just flay.
    Medium: Dot 2-3 and flay one target.
    Long: Dot 4-5 cast, keep up with VB, and flay.

New trait that replaces Mind Sear damage now appears to add VT to the SW: P ticks, allowing us to have very nice cleave.

Void Lord -> Lingering Insanity means that RoS now has an actual competitor, especially with SW: D being brought up to 15 insanity per cast at base.

Overall these are buffs across the whole spec, and a slight nerf off the top end.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    With sear gone, I imagine they'll update spike to have same effect flay does, or you'll just have the spikes be your AoE. Will depend on how long the mobs live imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The entire fucking row is unchanged except for the nerf to Surrender to Madness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Void Lord -> Lingering Insanity means that RoS now has an actual competitor, especially with SW: D being brought up to 15 insanity per cast at base.
    Can you elaborate a bit on this. The way Im reading Lingering Insanity Talent suggests current lingering insanity is gone? So when we exit VF w/o that talent we drop back to base haste?

Edit : previous page answered my question seems we do lose all our haste when VF ends w/o that talent.
    Last edited by mmoc9de0d4c32c; 2016-11-15 at 09:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deadfusion View Post
    Can you elaborate a bit on this. The way Im reading Lingering Insanity Talent suggests current lingering insanity is gone? So when we exit VF w/o that talent we drop back to base haste?
    I hope you're wrong.. Thats a deal breaker right there