1. #4501
    Quote Originally Posted by KablenTom View Post
    From the HowToPriest stat weight post:

    If you have Sephuz/Mangaza:
    - At least 10,000 and no more than 14,000 haste is required for using AS competitively.
    - Between 11,000 and 13,000 haste is good. 12,000 haste is ideal.
    - Try to have twice as much Critical Strike rating as Mastery rating.
    - Avoid having less Crit than Mastery, or having no Mastery at all.
    14k Haste is not a cap. 12 And 14k were simply numbers used to demonstrate that Haste starts dropping value around there. Haste is the by far best stat for keeping up with Insanity decay above 40 stacks, and the difference between 14k and 10k Haste is HUGE (playstylewise, not just numbers).

    As for Crit and Mastery, the rule of thumb is to keep your Crit 2-3 times higher, but it doesn't really matter. Making even a single mistake during a fight, will have a MUCH bigger effect on your performance, than a few % of misplaced stats.


    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Now to regem and reenchant, mastery time.
    Don't do that. Your gems and enchants should always be max Haste, no exceptions. Mastery is a nice dmg boost if you can get it (and you will get it here and there on some items without trying), but Haste and Crit are what makes the spec work.

    Just follow a prio list of Haste > Crit > Mastery > Versa when gearing, and you will naturally get a collection of stats looking like the one in the first post I quoted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aqira91 View Post
    looking at my armory. should i get more crit or mastery and give up some haste. ?

    armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...ane/shandarina
    For a "perfect" setup, you would drop 2kish Crit for Mastery, but no offense, if you have to ask that question, you are probably still learning the spec, and working on playing it perfectly will have 50 times more effect on your performance, than changing those stats around. Your Crit RNG variance between each fight will also have a much bigger effect than the difference between those stats.

    These are the kind of gearchanges that ppl make because some guy simmed it, the Dps difference is never big enough to actually notice it. It's more about mentally being "optimized", the feeling of "being as good as you can be". The actual effect is minimum at best.
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2017-08-11 at 03:50 PM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

  2. #4502
    Hi thanks for the info. am quite new as SP so thats correct. i do find the stats to be bit confusing though. i know we want as much haste as possible then crit. but i had heard you could totaly ignore mastery which from i understand now is not the case. i have the sentinel trinket with mastery(815). would that be prefered over my haste statstick?

  3. #4503
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqira91 View Post
    Hi thanks for the info. am quite new as SP so thats correct. i do find the stats to be bit confusing though. i know we want as much haste as possible then crit. but i had heard you could totaly ignore mastery which from i understand now is not the case. i have the sentinel trinket with mastery(815). would that be prefered over my haste statstick?
    Is the owl trinket 915? use it over your 890 statstick.

  4. #4504

  5. #4505
    Mechagnome RsinRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    674
    So.. I unsubbed. Had fun conversing with ya and getting knee deep into the spec. Still love Shadow but damn I cant with legion any longer. 'Till next time, folks.

  6. #4506
    High five.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

    DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

  7. #4507
    Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post
    So.. I unsubbed. Had fun conversing with ya and getting knee deep into the spec. Still love Shadow but damn I cant with legion any longer. 'Till next time, folks.

    See you in 17 days !
    _____________________

    Homophobia is so gay.

  8. #4508
    So im a little confused guys. The stat priorities on these guide sites have Int at 5, below everything else for secondary stats.

    I have a ring that has 880Int, Stam and 950 haste. Theres a ring in a WQ that would give me over 1000 crit and more stam, but I would lose Haste. Is it worth getting that new ring and getting 1404crit rating but losing 880Int and 121Haste?

  9. #4509
    Quote Originally Posted by Swisted View Post
    So im a little confused guys. The stat priorities on these guide sites have Int at 5, below everything else for secondary stats.

    I have a ring that has 880Int, Stam and 950 haste. Theres a ring in a WQ that would give me over 1000 crit and more stam, but I would lose Haste. Is it worth getting that new ring and getting 1404crit rating but losing 880Int and 121Haste?
    Ultimately the answer will be that you need to take those stat weights and calculate the value of each item and see which is higher

    Or use sims/an addon to do it for you

  10. #4510
    So on the ptr with the new set, normal at 927 ilvl you're able to go above the 3 min mark with STM and AS + MindBender. (i have no idea if that's possible now since I don't have the gear).

    Are there any discussions about the new set bonuses somewhere ? cheers
    _____________________

    Homophobia is so gay.

  11. #4511
    What is the best opener? MB>SwP>VT>MF? or is it MB>VT>SwP>MF? or am i doing it wrong anyways?

  12. #4512
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    76
    If AS talented, then use SW:P>VT.

    Otherwise looks good.
    Elistan of the Nightfall - Human priest
    Pro Finlandia - EU-Nordrassil - 5/9 M

  13. #4513
    So aren't Sp going to be stupidly strong with the new set + NLC scaling with haste (and crit afaik) ?
    _____________________

    Homophobia is so gay.

  14. #4514
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    So aren't Sp going to be stupidly strong with the new set + NLC scaling with haste (and crit afaik) ?
    If the set bonus stay, will we be emphasizing more on mastery instead of crit then, as we only need the insanity later on anyway?

  15. #4515
    Well they change the set bonus, no more 100% uptime on stm,
    Should be nice to get afew solid cries from mindblast thou

  16. #4516
    At how many stacks should I use my mindbender? I've used it at around 20 stacks so far. My haste is at 29% which is a bit low but im still gearing up (909 ilvl so far).

  17. #4517
    Quote Originally Posted by krille20 View Post
    At how many stacks should I use my mindbender? I've used it at around 20 stacks so far. My haste is at 29% which is a bit low but im still gearing up (909 ilvl so far).
    As a general rule, I use it once my insanity generation is lower than my insanity drain. With that, I pop out of Voidform right as my mindbender is going to end.

  18. #4518
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    As a general rule, I use it once my insanity generation is lower than my insanity drain. With that, I pop out of Voidform right as my mindbender is going to end.
    Do you just eyeball that or do you have an addon that tells you?
    Priest Warrior Paladin
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

  19. #4519
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Do you just eyeball that or do you have an addon that tells you?
    I mostly eyeball it. Things change a bit if you have Bloodlust and/or crazy tentacle procs. Then I try to use it around ~31 stacks. Because even if i'm generating a crap ton of insanity, it won't last long enough for me to get to say, 40 stacks and still last in voidform for the entire duration of my Mindbender.

  20. #4520
    when are we supposed to use sentinel trinket. on cooldown or on highe stacks? also is it a big diffrence in damage using the desolate trinket on singel target fights if both trinkets are same item lvl?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •