Page 8 of 228 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My second go-around leveling a priest I did it in only 18 hours compared to my first one which I did in 25. Both of these toons were 680 ilvl gear so our live priests will be significantly easier to play. Granted the second time around I had a larger understanding of the class, its limitations, and the quests out there, but I found ToF, MBomb, B&S, RoS, SI, and SC best for leveling. I didn't even bother VTing the mobs since they died before it actually dealt more damage with a MF. With RoW I anticipate going VR instead and possibly FotM on my live priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    No, i think that's a game mechanic unfortuantely. Not controlled by addons or macros.
    Alright, thanks for the macro. Shame that whenever blizzard tries to handhold, it just makes stuff worse =(

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I like Raven since its dot tracking will show which of the mobs is your current target
    http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/raven
    Is there a way to turn off the tracking on yourself?

Oh, sorry but one more help with a macro.

I noticed that silence now interrupts whatever spell you are casting to silence the target. Is there a macro to prevent that? I'm used to just spamming it and getting the interrupt off after my spell cast, I don't really want to interrupt my current spell to silence something.

I don't actually think there is a way to do that, i'm fairly certain it's a gameplay mechanic. Not 100% sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    Oh, sorry but one more help with a macro.

I noticed that silence now interrupts whatever spell you are casting to silence the target. Is there a macro to prevent that? I'm used to just spamming it and getting the interrupt off after my spell cast, I don't really want to interrupt my current spell to silence something.
    I believe if you make your macro something like
    /cast [nochanneling,nocasting] silence

that should work

Although I strongly advise against this since all interrupts (I believe) reset your gc/d, so you only lose the half part of the cast and not the whole global.

Edit:

Apparently casting is not a viable conditional, so you can only make it so you don't interrupt channels spells (MF, MS, and VTor) for that silence macro. Even so, I believe with a similar macro you can do something like:

/cast [nochanneling:Void Torrent] mind flay

for when we get VTor, i can't count how many times I have canceled it with a derp MF. Trying on beta now.
    Last edited by Ryeshot; 2016-07-21 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doodledoo View Post
    Is there a way to turn off the tracking on yourself?
    how do you mean?

Make a new Auto Bar Group, under debuffs tick Auto Debuffs and All Cast by Player
    White List, add SW: P and VT
    and your done, rest is just customise as you want.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

It works! The only channel mind flay does not interrupt is VTor, it still interrupts MS. This is really good news for me. Even though you didn't do it directly, thank you @Dawnrage, I always wondered if you could do specific spell conditions for nochanneling... and you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryeshot View Post
    -snip-
    Yeah, can't get it to work. Shame, thanks anyway man.

That's so dumb. If I needed to interrupt straight away I could just move to cancel my cast and interrupt, otherwise it was more ideal to be spamming my interrupt and knowing that it would cast right after my spell.

Now I have to get used to not spamming my interrupt button and try to time it well after finishing a cast. Minor annoyance but still...

edit: haha nice, at least you got something useful out of my question

Now I just need more macro writing room... Does anything know the addon that gives you more than the 255 characters?

- - - Updated - - -
    @Dawnrage, an answer to your question for PI and SC going on your bars even when you have a macro for both of then, ElvUi gets rid of that nuisance. I'm not sure if it's the answer you're looking for, but there's an addon for you that gets rid of it.

Now I just need more macro writing room... Does anything know the addon that gives you more than the 255 characters?
    http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/long-macros might interest you.

@Dawnrage, an answer to your question for PI and SC going on your bars even when you have a macro for both of then, ElvUi gets rid of that nuisance. I'm not sure if it's the answer you're looking for, but there's an addon for you that gets rid of it.
    Thanks, I will try it out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Oh wow @Angelo WoW (Narline) why did you change your avatar and name ? That disturbs me more than it should q.q
    Haha, sorry for creeping you out my friend! I changed it due to my YouTube channel. I'm slightly obsessed with organization, and like it when my Avatars and Usernames are uniform across multiple social media platforms. This way you know exactly who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo WoW View Post
    Haha, sorry for creeping you out my friend! I changed it due to my YouTube channel. I'm slightly obsessed with organization, and like it when my Avatars and Usernames are uniform across multiple social media platforms. This way you know exactly who I am!
    Should have stayed Narline :C

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Should have stayed Narline :C
    Don't make me reconsider changing it again!

Anyone know if I can shorten this macro? (the long macros addon seems out of date and the macros I made weren't working properly):

#showtooltip [notalent:7/2] mind flay; mind spike
    /target [@mouseover,harm,nodead,exists][harm,nodead]
    /cast [nochanneling:Void Torrent,talent:7/2 @Focus,harm,exists][nochanneling:Void Torrent,harm] mind flay
    /petattack

I want to place VTor nochanneling conditional in only one spot, but the ways I tried it it only works if it is in each conditional statement.

How many stacks am I supposed to be getting on average on a dungeon boss? Can't seem to go over 25, but that could just be low gear and/or low skill.

Quote Originally Posted by CthulhuFhtagn View Post
    How many stacks am I supposed to be getting on average on a dungeon boss? Can't seem to go over 25, but that could just be low gear and/or low skill.
    haste is the #1 reason for having low stacks. If your haste is low you simply cant get high stacks because you cant Mindblast enough
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    People also shouldn't underestimate the power of their crit either, especially if running AS.

I'm averaging about 27 stacks at 29% haste. Like others have said, good RNG can sometimes get me up as high as 31, but it's definitely an outlier when that happens, not the norm. However, I only have 28% crit, and I barely ever see any of my spirits proc. I, however, have 52% Mastery (leftover from our CoP days, qq), which does nothing for insanity generation, but does increase our sustained dps.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I'm seeing on my end. Lack of crit is hurting my AS generation, which hurts my insanity generation.

I'm still not sold that crit is super good compared to mastery, and therefore San'layn/SI compared to AS, once we get MH trait. I only think crit is best with StM/multi target, the gain in insanity is not noticeable single target with AS vs SI, and San'layn makes you do so much more damage with mastery.