Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    Link to the sims with MH in?
    http://beta.askmrrobot.com/wow/simul...4010098920ade1 > 10 stacks : 68363 DPS
    http://beta.askmrrobot.com/wow/simul...78fa2f992151d4 > 70 stacks : 69112 DPS
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    That increases dot damage but has no effect on Haste or PI interactions.

In other news. there is a new addon out.

Enemy Grid, that uses new 7.0 nameplate features to create an interact-able list of targets on your screen
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/enemy-grid
    Complete with mouseover casting

its amazing for dotting and well... anything really.
    Be sure to check it out.
    This is the Holy grail!!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

It's a 1.09% difference on yours. I don't know how that's not a "noticeable" difference for you. It's a 10s uptime every 3 minutes. It's not like its going to double our damage.

Don't even need sims to validate the point though. What exactly is berseking at the beginning of STM going to give you? Almost nothing. You don't need the extra insanity it's generating you. berseking at the end of STM is going to haste the DoT ticks when they're ticking for 200% more damage. Let alone that part that it's more instances for your DoTs to crit in thus allowing more insanity gen through AS to let you live a little long.

You're only getting one use of berseking in during a STM ever. You might as well use it at the point that is obviously going to net you more.
    Last edited by britishbubba; 2016-08-02 at 02:51 PM.

Berseking on cooldown

http://beta.askmrrobot.com/wow/simul...819c28828c1707

Berseking only above 90 stacks of VF

http://beta.askmrrobot.com/wow/simul...b1b112d11e8599

196070 vs 197431

0.68% increase. Small but it is only a 10s window.

It's a 1.09% difference on yours. I don't know how that's not a "noticeable" difference for you. It's a 10s uptime every 3 minutes. It's not like its going to double our damage.

Don't even need sims to validate the point though. What exactly is berseking at the beginning of STM going to give you? Almost nothing. You don't need the extra insanity it's generating you. berseking at the end of STM is going to haste the DoT ticks when they're ticking for 200% more damage. Let alone that part that it's more instances for your DoTs to crit in thus allowing more insanity gen through AS to let you live a little long.

You're only getting one use of berseking in during a STM ever. You might as well use it at the point that is obviously going to net you more.
    I must be missing something because I dont even see Berserking getting cast in those 2 logs.
    And a 1% difference is well within normal deviation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    As someone that's been an undead priest since 1.3 I miss Devouring Plague, when only undead had access to it. It was my spell for over a decade, a shame we don't have it anymore, especially because I miss the burst healing from it, rather than the rather useless VE and VT healing (my opinion on VT, I just don't like the slow healing).

Honestly I didn't hate shadow orbs, although I wasn't a fan of them at first either. It would be nice if Blizzard didn't try to fundamentally change Spriests ever expansion since Cataclysm. Can't just fix the issues we have noooooooo, instead we have to keep changing the foundation of Spriests every chance they get.
    Yeah original devouring plague was fine, the issue was how it became the most important part of our rotation in mop and wod. Cata was probably my favorite version of shadow as our dots were really powerful and there was a lot of small tricks that would differentiate a great shadowpriest from a good or average one. Legion shadow may come close to being just as fun though.

I must be missing something because I dont even see Berserking getting cast in those 2 logs.
    And a 1% difference is well within normal deviation.
    yeah... I must have messed something up with the APL when I edited it. First time using AMRs sims so not surprising. Deleting my links since they're kinda worthless.

A 1% difference is all you're going to see with something like this. It's not going to be a huge swing in damage, it's just going to be slightly more optimal. It's a racial, they've all been fairly weak since they nerfed them during MoP.

EDIT: Figured out how the APL works.

Using Berseking as soon as entering voidform (426,787 dps)
    http://beta.askmrrobot.com/wow/simul...a4a2888a482b7e

Using Berseking at 100 stacks of voidform (429,527 dps)
    http://beta.askmrrobot.com/wow/simul...37ed8dad6612b8

0.64% increase. About what I'd expect from a racial tbh.
    Last edited by britishbubba; 2016-08-02 at 03:05 PM.

Don't forget the most important factor : it feels so good to use all your haste cooldown at 100 stacks.... and then pop MBender + Vtor => overload of insanity, overload of SA, and the amount of damage done by Vtor is ridiculous. It's better than sex.

Homophobia is so gay.

yeah... I must have messed something up with the APL when I edited it. First time using AMRs sims so not surprising. Deleting my links since they're kinda worthless.

A 1% difference is all you're going to see with something like this. It's not going to be a huge swing in damage, it's just going to be slightly more optimal. It's a racial, they've all been fairly weak since they nerfed them during MoP.

EDIT: Figured out how the APL works.

http://beta.askmrrobot.com/wow/simul...a4a2888a482b7e

http://beta.askmrrobot.com/wow/simul...37ed8dad6612b8

Ok, so it is better if your using it late but the increase is so small that it will vanish in standard deviation.

I can live with that. Certainly not the strong "omg your wrong" that Kretan was trying to point out.

Ok, so it is better if your using it late but the increase is so small that it will vanish in standard deviation.

I can live with that. Certainly not the strong "omg your wrong" that Kretan was trying to point out.
    yeah, it's going to be an incredibly minor optimization (that only applies to the group of people playing troll in the first place...)

I imagine that any fight where there's multiple things up with dots at the end will see a much larger delta though.

Your last statement doesn't make sense. You seem to be comparing using the racial at different times, yet your statements seems to be comparing having/not having a racial at all. (what exactly did you expect?)

But otherwise, yes, it does seem like using berserking at 100 stacks is more beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by worcester View Post
    Your last statement doesn't make sense. You seem to be comparing using the racial at different times, yet your statements seems to be comparing having/not having a racial at all. (what exactly did you expect?)

But otherwise, yes, it does seem like using berserking at 100 stacks is more beneficial.
    I didn't expect using a racial at a slightly different time would be a very large difference is what I'm saying. Turns out my thoughts are correct, it is an increase to use it later, but not a large one. So it's about what I'd expect from optimal use of a racial... Not a very large difference, but still a noticeable gain.
    Last edited by britishbubba; 2016-08-02 at 07:14 PM.

The point of simulation is to account for those variances. So if the simulation is done correctly, the mean that you get should be reliable. There are other statistical tests to show if there is really a difference. But from what I'm seeing here, it looks like using berserking at 100 insanity is showing better results. Not to mention a binary action like using an ability at start or later is not difficult. So I can certainly see where Kretan is coming from; technically you are "wrong" not in that people have to use it early or later, but moreso that you stated that it should be used at the start where people can be misinformed.

Hey, I'm going to be rerolling a Shadow Priest coming Legion, I'm wondering what the optimal artifact path for raiding is going to be?

(also a highly off-topic question, is enchanting going to be the go to proffesion if I go tailoring)

Thanks

The entire point of fighting the Simcraft Boss is ekeing out half a percent of additional DPS on a report and coming down from the mountain like Moses carrying stone slabs, man. People live for that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by FeMo View Post
    Hey, I'm going to be rerolling a Shadow Priest coming Legion, I'm wondering what the optimal artifact path for raiding is going to be?

(also a highly off-topic question, is enchanting going to be the go to proffesion if I go tailoring)

Thanks
    http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...MDAzBAMwUDVDAQ
    After that the bottom gold trait (call of the void) and then fill out the rest.

http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...MDAzBAMwUDVDAQ
    After that the bottom gold trait (call of the void) and then fill out the rest.
    That path to Mass Hysteria is what's considered the long way, correct? And so getting to Call of the Void, we'd go Thoughts of Insanity and Touch of Darkness, or would we pick up Sinister Thoughts on the way? Also, what's the deal with Relics?
    Last edited by BobAwesome; 2016-08-02 at 10:00 PM.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    That path to Mass Hysteria is what's considered the long way, correct? And so getting to Call of the Void, we'd go Thoughts of Insanity and Touch of Darkness, or would we pick up Sinister Thoughts on the way? Also, what's the deal with Relics?
    Sinister Thoughts is only 1 point so I guess you pick it up along the way. Relics ilvl will be prio #1 I assume. If you have the choice then basically go down your dmg done by spells I guess for SW:P VT and MB.
    Donno the math on how the apperition chance from VT stacks up

And yes that is the long way to Mass Hysteria.

That increases dot damage but has no effect on Haste or PI interactions.

In other news. there is a new addon out.

Enemy Grid, that uses new 7.0 nameplate features to create an interact-able list of targets on your screen
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/enemy-grid
    Complete with mouseover casting

its amazing for dotting and well... anything really.
    Be sure to check it out.
    Thank you for this, it's great. For the life of me, though, I can't unlock and move it on layout.

Quote Originally Posted by dictainabox View Post
    Thank you for this, it's great. For the life of me, though, I can't unlock and move it on layout.
    There is a little barely visible box that is the anchor, its not great yeah ><

I've been watching a lot of spriest legion videos and noticed in almost all of them the priest clips mind flay every global. I haven't seen mention of this in 7.0 guides, does this provide any benefit or just habit?