Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Well people would believe you more if you linked sources
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    I am not sure why you even bother to post claims of any type. Each time you do folks bash you over the head with the facts and you scurry away.

"In 2003, Pence, then representing the sixth congressional district of Indiana, co-sponsored an amendment that would have prohibited same-sex marriage. Four years later, he voted against the Employee Non-Discrimination Act, which aimed to prevent job discrimination based on sexual orientation. While in Congress, he opposed a bill aimed at more effectively prosecuting hate crimes based on sexual orientation and voted against the repeal of the military's "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy."
    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...t-abortion-gay

"In 2000, his campaign website declared he wouldn't support federal funding to care for people living with HIV/AIDS unless money was cut to programs "that celebrate and encourage the types of behaviors that facilitate the spreading of the HIV virus." He advocated instead for programs that would seek to change "sexual behavior."
    http://www.indystar.com/story/news/p...ghts/78257192/

And that's before the bill.
    /10characters, sorry internet died midpost

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well, not entirely. He's talking about the USA general trend of rural areas going red, as did Indiana in the 2012 governor election in which Pence did not receive 50% of the vote. (The libertarians split the otherwise very, very close vote). He was also pretty accurate in terms of major urban Indiana problems. There are more meth labs in Indiana than any other state, the state's newspaper has been reporting overcrowding prisons for over a year, and, well, Pence actually increased the police budget recently.
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2016-07-15 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    /10characters
    Did you seriously link motherjones and indystar?

That was only one of the posts, my internet died right in the middle of my post, I am sorry.

Edit: Also what the fuck is wrong with IndyStar? They are the prime newspaper for the central area of the state? Did they write an opinion piece that you didn't like or something?
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2016-07-15 at 05:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully this foolish decision will hurt Trump as it should. Pence's prolonged attempts at bigotry cost his state so much and caused such an outcry that the state government actually had to hire a PR firm to try and repair the entire state's image.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    Hopefully this foolish decision will hurt Trump as it should. Pence's prolonged attempts at bigotry cost his state so much and caused such an outcry that the state government actually had to hire a PR firm to try and repair the entire state's image.
    You think picking a bigot will hurt a bigots chance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps if Trump's supporters can remove their rose-colored glasses and see Pence for the heavily establishment politician he is, yes. Of course, that may be asking a lot of the majority of Trump voters.

The general idea with the VP pick is you try covering something the candidate is lacking.

I guess Mike Pence helps Trump with the evangelical vote, but it's realistically not going to expand his appeal from what I can tell. I guess having someone with executive experience behind him helps, but I'm not not seeing the benefit Trump gets from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    Perhaps if Trump's supporters can remove their rose-colored glasses and see Pence for the heavily establishment politician he is, yes. Of course, that may be asking a lot of the majority of Trump voters.
    I don't think any Trump supporter would switch to Hillary because of his VP, just like a Hillary supporter won't switch to Trump even though shes a liar and incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    The general idea with the VP pick is you try covering something the candidate is lacking.

I guess Mike Pence helps Trump with the evangelical vote, but it's realistically not going to expand his appeal from what I can tell. I guess having someone with executive experience behind him helps, but I'm not not seeing the benefit Trump gets from this.
    Evangelical Republicans in Indiana do not like this man. They dislike him so much they have spent more time trying to find his replacement than they have actually doing there job in the State House.

Evangelical Republicans in Indiana do not like this man. They dislike him so much they have spent more time trying to find his replacement than they have actually doing there job in the State House.
    That would just be them throwing him under the bus for signing that bigoted law they passed to try appeasing business interests.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's basically just a conservative religious right archetype. He's there to keep the far right in line and supporting Trump so that Trump can have room to adopt a more moderate stance without fumbling over bible verses and abortion views. There's really nothing much more to him.... he's lackluster enough that he was polling badly in Indiana vs a democrat.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    That would just be them throwing him under the bus for signing that bigoted law they passed to try appeasing business interests.
    Every single one of them regrets it. As has already been stated in the thread a PR Firm needed to be hired to fix the State's Image. All of them want to be reelected, hard to get reelected if you look like the asshole(s) who almost cost a state Millions, arguably, Billions of Dollars.

7+ Year Old Account
    Point out the errors in the statements then.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    Mike Pence was also going through a reelection if I recall correctly, right?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    That was only one of the posts, my internet died right in the middle of my post, I am sorry.

Edit: Also what the fuck is wrong with IndyStar? They are the prime newspaper for the central area of the state? Did they write an opinion piece that you didn't like or something?
    Note he didn't actually say whats was wrong with the statements. Just a poor attempt at deflection.

Not sure why you even other replying to me, I use facts you use feelings to argue points

http://www.debate.org/opinions/is-mo...redible-source

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Mike Pence was also going through a reelection if I recall correctly, right?
    I guarantee you he groveled super hard to be at Trump's Side because Indiana isn't reelecting him. He fucked up so bad and his approval numbers show it.

Note he didn't actually say whats was wrong with the statements. Just a poor attempt at deflection.
    Well, to be fair, the two I originally linked BARELY had anything to do with my posts, I don't care that he deflected because he never responded after I linked better/different/more relevant sources.

Not sure why you even other replying to me, I use facts you use feelings to argue points

To be fair to him, you also pointed at Indy Star like its a shit source, when it isn't, but I already brought that up in an edit.

7+ Year Old Account

7+ Year Old Account
    It's HulK Hogan, im telling ya. Whatcha gonna do terrorist's when MURICA and hulkamania come for you