Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Get ready for a war on gay rights, christian texts being taught in school and heavy tax on green energy. Not that he would get any of that easily as a vp, but that is basically a part of his agenda. Also forget a minimum wage raise, single payer healthcare or any form of debt free/free college.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I agree, but it's still disappointing. Part of Trump's appeal was that he wasn't a pushover sellout like Bernie, and he wasn't going to bend over for the GOP. In the end, he does just that.
    Trumps appeal is built on bullshit, always has been. Sanders can smell that and made a rational choice, christ you fuckers and "selling out", grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Trumps appeal is built on bullshit, always has been. Sanders can smell that and made a rational choice, christ you fuckers and "selling out", grow up.
    He did sell out though. You can be bitter about it all you want, doesn't change the fact that that is what happened, even if it was "the right thing to do."

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    He did sell out though. You can be bitter about it all you want, doesn't change the fact that that is what happened, even if it was "the right thing to do."
    I'm not the least bit bitter about it. I never really thought He'd make it to begin with. Sander's said right at the start that it was s long shot. I'll take the status quo with Clinton rather then a fucking side show with Trump, whom I'd be shocked to even last a full term as president.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Get ready for a war on gay rights, christian texts being taught in school and heavy tax on green energy. Not that he would get any of that easily as a vp, but that is basically a part of his agenda. Also forget a minimum wage raise, single payer healthcare or any form of debt free/free college.
    Hehe. A VP is not the policy maker. He supports the policy of the President. He may have his own personal feelings about a concept, but he will have to be on board whatever platform Trump has. But even then, some seem to forget the President has to work with Congress. They are not dictators. And as of now ( which I do not see changing much ) the Republicans do not have a filibuster majority in the Senate. So be at peace. The world is not going to end if Trump is elected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    It appears that Trump isn't so sure about Pence himself.

"Late Thursday night, Donald Trump asked aides if it was too late for him to back out of his decision to make Indiana Gov. Mike Pence his vice presidential running mate, according to reporters at CNN and NBC News.

On air on MSNBC Friday afternoon, O'Donnell said that sources told her that Trump was unsure of his choice for vice president and was looking for a way to back out of the decision.

News leaked on Thursday afternoon that Trump would select Pence to be his running mate. Then, after the attack in Nice, France, the Trump campaign cancelled Trump's Friday morning even to announce his vice presidential pick. Trump subsequently went on Fox News and said that he had not made a "final, final decision," casting doubt that he had decided on Pence.
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...ce-change-mind
    Damn, almost called it.

Well if Trump gets stuck with Pence. I'd wager in about 4 weeks Trump is gonna get a bit jealous of Pence's rising star. He just might quit the race. Then the question will be, who will Pence pick as his running mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Hehe. A VP is not the policy maker. He supports the policy of the President. He may have his own personal feelings about a concept, but he will have to be on board whatever platform Trump has. But even then, some seem to forget the President has to work with Congress. They are not dictators. And as of now ( which I do not see changing much ) the Republicans do not have a filibuster majority in the Senate. So be at peace. The world is not going to end if Trump is elected.
    President's power isn't just the veto. He has executive orders, he controls who sits at the head of several federal regulatory bodies, he can appoint supreme justices when they die (granted they have to be confirmed by the legislative branch IIRC), among a number of other powers. The POTUS is the 2nd most powerful man in the world, after Putin, for a reason.
    Last edited by TheMediator; 2016-07-15 at 07:15 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Damn, almost called it.

Well if Trump gets stuck with Pence. I'd wager in about 4 weeks Trump is gonna get a bit jealous of Pence's rising star. He just might quit the race. Then the question will be, who will Pence pick as his running mate?
    Lol. Trump won't quit the race. His NPD won't let him. Now setting up a fall guy if he looses?
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Mike Pence and his strong support for TPP and Common Core stopped being someone the grassroots should take seriously quite awhile ago.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Damn, almost called it.

Naw, Trump just has to say he never said Pence was his VP and threaten so sue anyone that says otherwise. You know, Trump...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

No one said the world would end, honestly it doesnt even matter who wins imo. The point I was making is that Pence will have influence much like Cheney did with Bush. He is also a GOP insider being part of the McConnell camp for over a decade in congress, this is most likely one of the main reasons Trump picked Pence in the first place.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post
    President's power isn't just the veto. He has executive orders, he controls who sits at the head of several federal regulatory bodies, he can appoint supreme justices when they die (granted they have to be confirmed by the legislative branch IIRC), among a number of other powers. The POTUS is the 2nd most powerful man in the world, after Putin, for a reason.
    Which can be overruled by the Supreme Court. Which one of Obama's on immigration was lately. Granted, they yield some power for sure. But it is not like they can do whatever they wish. Or the US would be in even much worse shape now from Obama's power. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Which can be overruled by the Supreme Court. Which one of Obama's on immigration was lately. Granted, they yield some power for sure. But it is not like they can do whatever they wish. Or the US would be in even much worse shape now from Obama's power. :P
    You're right if only McCain / Palin were on the case this country would be in a much better place.

Let's not even mention the utopia that Romney / Ryan would have forged with their bare hands shaping the dirt and the loam and folding the magic underwear.

Ahh well ghostfurry, at least we can dream about what might've been
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    It appears that Trump isn't so sure about Pence himself.

"Late Thursday night, Donald Trump asked aides if it was too late for him to back out of his decision to make Indiana Gov. Mike Pence his vice presidential running mate, according to reporters at CNN and NBC News.

i

On air on MSNBC Friday afternoon, O'Donnell said that sources told her that Trump was unsure of his choice for vice president and was looking for a way to back out of the decision.

News leaked on Thursday afternoon that Trump would select Pence to be his running mate. Then, after the attack in Nice, France, the Trump campaign cancelled Trump's Friday morning even to announce his vice presidential pick. Trump subsequently went on Fox News and said that he had not made a "final, final decision," casting doubt that he had decided on Pence.
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...ce-change-mind

THis really explains a lot as iwas asking myself "what does the attack in france have to do with postponing your announcement?"

Also, i must add: "TP" is not exactly the most flattering icon for Donald Dump's campaign (but ironically fits quite well with my mocking his name via his iwn tactics! ;P)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    THis really explains a lot as iwas asking myself "what does the attack in france have to do with postponing your announcement?"

Also, i must add: "TP" is not exactly the most flattering icon for Donald Dump's campaign (but ironically fits quite well with my mocking his name via his iwn tactics! ;P)
    I also believe he was postponing because the Nice attack was sucking up all the oxygen in the media and he can't have that.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Deleted
    He should pick Gingrich instead.

Pence is the typical internationalistic minded neo-con type. Nothing like Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Mike Pence and his strong support for TPP and Common Core stopped being someone the grassroots should take seriously quite awhile ago.
    He ditched common core

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    He should pick Gingrich instead.

Pence is the typical internationalistic minded neo-con type. Nothing like Trump.
    even obama listens to the neo cons.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    He ditched common core
    Not before I finished High School he didn't. (2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Not before I finished High School he didn't. (2013)
    Because he just came into power as governor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fantastic choice for the GOP. Nothing like a ticket of two angry old white men in 2016!
    Backwards, HO!!!
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect