Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What tier of power are the Void Lords at?

Now before an arguement happens, YES, I know that we've just heard of the void lords, and have no intention of their powers. However, the cronicles book does give us major hints of their power, and why i think they make both the old gods and legion feel like a 1st evolution towards them

1. These beings are so powerful, that they can't manifest to the physical realm. However, the most powerful void lords are able to send guys out into the universe little by little. These things are called "Old Gods". I'd assume that every black hole that you see inside of the universe, are just portals to send the old gods through to corrupt little world souls for the taking.

2. When sargeras heard about the void lords plans to corrupt a world soul to destroy the entire universe, sargeras was pissed scared. Even if a so called dark titan soul was unstoppable, it was still puny towards these so called "Void Lords". And I assume that these void lords are not the same ones we've faced during the outland thing, I mean...they can't manifest inside of the universe, and technicley the twisting nether is part of the physical realm, it's just another plain of the phyisical realm.

3. During the illidan novel, the prime naaru talking to illidan said that the burning legion itself, and sargeras was no match towards another threat. And threat was the void. However, while the void lords might just only sound like voidish gods, they're still void itself. They are manifested versions of the void shards that were left to rot alone after the universe was created.

However, if we were to compare them tier wise. I wonder how powerful they may be. Sure, their manifested minions called old gods might be like twigs towards the pantheon, but they're dead, and the legion exists, and the void lords have the ability to see what the hell is going on from within the universe. So, if I were to give the void lords a tier, i'd say they're tier 2. And tier 2 is like universal level.

I'd say they're around a 2-A, or a 1D/1C. Do you agree with me? If You don't, tell me what tier you think they're at.

Are you asking this seriously? Because you seem to be overestimating the Void Lords greatly. As you said, we can't really say exactly how powerful they are, but going by Chronicle, they are nowhere as powerful as you put them. Since it's Sunday morning (aka laze around in bed time), I'll answer under assumption that you are serious.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    1. These beings are so powerful, that they can't manifest to the physical realm. However, the most powerful void lords are able to send guys out into the universe little by little. These things are called "Old Gods". I'd assume that every black hole that you see inside of the universe, are just portals to send the old gods through to corrupt little world souls for the taking.
    Firstly, the Void Lords are not all on the same level of power. Some of the most powerful of them can manifest in the physical universe just fine - they just have a time limit for it ("Only the most powerful of these entities can manifest in the physical universe, and only for limited amount of time"). That's how Sargeras detected them at first, and how they sent the Old Gods to planets - not through a portal, but hurled them around. Some of the strongest among them manifested, attempted to use their energies to corrupt the Titans, but failed. After that, when they decided to corrupt infant Titans instead and tossed the Old Gods around.

2. When sargeras heard about the void lords plans to corrupt a world soul to destroy the entire universe, sargeras was pissed scared. Even if a so called dark titan soul was unstoppable, it was still puny towards these so called "Void Lords".
    Nowhere was the bolded part stated. In fact, when Sargeras first detected the Void Lords, he didn't even consider them that much of a threat to stop hunting demons. He was troubled about their intentions and the meaning of their existence, but then continued fighting demons anyways ("He pondered what the powers of the Void were planning, and what their existence could mean for the universe. Despite his unsettling discovery, Sargeras continued waging his war on demons."). One would expect that if they were so powerful, Sargeras would have at least alerted the Pantheon (like what he did after he found out the possibility of the birth of a Warped Titan).

3. During the illidan novel, the prime naaru talking to illidan said that the burning legion itself, and sargeras was no match towards another threat. And threat was the void.
    Being a bigger threat doesn't necessarily mean being a more powerful being. They might (or might not) be, but it's only a possibility. For example, The Old Gods can't literally destroy a planet (at least the one we know can't) and were defeated by mere Titan Keepers (except Y'Shaarj) - yet they are considered more of a threat than DW / Archimonde who could do that. Was it because they are so powerful? Nope, it simply because given time, they can corrupt pretty much everything other than matured Titan (as far as we know).

Anyway, in regards to the Void Lords' supposed powerlevel - not sure how you could put them at 2A or 1D / 1C. They are 3C-3B *at max*, possibly lower. Even 3A would put them at universal level, and I'm very sure they can't destroy the universe, much less multiversal level.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-07-17 at 01:08 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    The threat is them turning our Universe (universes?) into pure void, no life, no twisting nether, no anything except the void. It's not really about how powerful they are, more about what them invading our universe would cause.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same as a Naaru. Their threat comes from the Old Gods they create, and the Dark Titan that is their ultimate goal. Off topic, wouldn't it be great if Sargeras WAS that dark titan? Like he was supposed to go crazy and has an Old God under his toenail or something.

Deleted
    They are like the beyonders from Marvel? Their presence erases matter from existence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    They are like the beyonders from Marvel? Their presence erases matter from existence.
    Exactly what I had in mind when I first heard about them.

Or the Presence, if you more of a DC fan (like myself.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    Exactly what I had in mind when I first heard about them.

Or the Presence, if you more of a DC fan (like myself.)
    Nah, definitely not that high. Scale matters too and VL isn't so high on that part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    They are the same power level as Topper McNabb EX.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Nah, definitely not that high. Scale matters too and VL isn't so high on that part.
    Don't know, man. Absorbing everything into Void sounds like a pretty serious shit to me.

Don't know, man. Absorbing everything into Void sounds like a pretty serious shit to me.
    They can't do that, though. They can absorb / devour *things*, but not everything in one shot. Logically, if they can devour the universe in a go, they'd have done so while manifesting here seeing that consuming matters and energy can prolong their manifestation in physical universe. While both can erase stuffs with their abilities, their output are different.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-07-17 at 01:06 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    i think i know how the void lords look like.

they seem to look like void callers

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    They can't do that, though. They can absorb / devour *things*, but not everything in one shot. Logically, if they can devour the universe in a go, they'd have done so while manifesting here seeing that consuming matters and energy can prolong their manifestation in physical universe. While both can erase stuffs with their abilities, their output are different.
    Nobody is arguing (or at least, I am not) that they can do it in one shot. The thing is though, even if it is a slow, painful process for the Universe, then that is admittedly a huge deal.

Although, I will give you that it kind of baffles me how they didn't do any of this yet, even slowly. They have been there since the existence of the Universe, right? You would think that by now they would have at least done some damage (or maybe they did and we aren't aware or that I am forgetting something?).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    i think i know how the void lords look like.

they seem to look like void callers
    Luna please.

But seriously, they should rename those creatures into something else at this point.

Nobody is arguing (or at least, I am not) that they can do it in one shot. The thing is though, even if it is a slow, painful process for the Universe, then that is admittedly a huge deal.

Although, I will give you that it kind of baffles me how they didn't do any of this yet, even slowly. They have been there since the existence of the Universe, right? You would think that by now they would have at least done some damage (or maybe they did and we aren't aware or that I am forgetting something?).
    Well, yeah, it's a huge deal. I'm just saying that while the power to absorb / consume things might be similar, the Void Lords aren't close to Beyonders / Presence / various other beings whose power revolve around destroying things, due to the difference in the scale of what they can do.

As to why haven't they been consuming the universe slowly... I don't know. Maybe they are trying to use their energy efficiently? Seeing that they can't maintain their manifestation permanently even though consuming matters and energy can prolong the process, I guess they'd need a lot of energy just to manifest - more than what they can eat during their manifestation. Or maybe as you said, they have been consuming another corner of the universe while Sargeras focused on us and we just aren't aware of it.

They do look like void caller in that diagram, though. Maybe they actually look like enormous, planet-sized void walker :P

Honestly, I think the void lords are just watching us right now, waiting, laughing. They're most likely laughing their asses off right now because of us fighting the legion, thinking that it's the great threat. Trust me when I say this, but the reason as to why the void lords haven't done shit yet, is that while they most likely have a way to manifest, they still want to see us bugs fight like maggots against another force of evil, they most likely think we're hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    True god level. They are beyond the Titans which are the strongest beings in our universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did people forget that the Pantheon believed a single titan could destroy the void lords? Also, that the void lords couldn't do anything to adult titans, which is why they targeted baby ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Did people forget that the Pantheon believed a single titan could destroy the void lords? Also, that the void lords couldn't do anything to adult titans, which is why they targeted baby ones?
    Titans has babies?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they have NEVER been wrong before...

A. I think you're confusing them with different void lords, but I'm not sure.

B. The void lords couldn't take over a pantheon because of the fact that it'd either take a very long time, or they were kind of immune towards getting mind controlled, though still vulnerable. However, the babies had less of an immunity, and because of that, corruption could take a short time to process.

If the void lords wanted to, a pantheon would get corrupted, though...like I said, time...and vulnerability.

10+ Year Old Account
    kind of immune towards getting mind controlled, though still vulnerable.
    How can you be immune to something and still vulnerable to it?

Chronicle says adult titans are immune.