Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    i don't hate illidan.

i'm a little annoyed that he becomes light to be a good guy though. from what we've learned, fel isn't inherently evil or good, it just exists. no fel users are painted as perfect heroes like light users are, and i wish there was at least one. illidan could have been that.

i still love illidan, but... they could have handled it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    My only concern is that they'll gloss over the bad he did. He did some bad and messed up stuff along the way, and I don't want it swept under the rug to go on about how special lidan is and how he's so misunderstood and he's the only one who understands the true threat of the legion.
    The questline in legion shows the lives he sacrifices in order to protect the world from the demon onslaught. He doesnt do it willingly but knows no one else will. During the fight other night elves see illidan and his forces as being able to beat back the legion. However when how he is doing it is revealed the night elfs around him are fearful, afraid, angry. He isnt the hero they thought he was.

Well, the part where Blizzard relied on the most cringe-worthy iteration of Teh Chosen One trite trope to fuel their Illidan fetish and are pushing him towards WoW's version of Kerrigan (which was fucking atrocious) doesn't say anything positive about the quality of WoW's writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Well, the part where Blizzard relied on the most cringe-worthy iteration of Teh Chosen One trite trope to fuel their Illidan fetish and are pushing him towards WoW's version of Kerrigan (which was fucking atrocious) doesn't say anything positive about the quality of WoW's writing.
    I for one am just glad the chosen one isn't an orc or a human, though whitewashing Illidan was utterly unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    The questline in legion shows the lives he sacrifices in order to protect the world from the demon onslaught. He doesnt do it willingly but knows no one else will. During the fight other night elves see illidan and his forces as being able to beat back the legion. However when how he is doing it is revealed the night elfs around him are fearful, afraid, angry. He isnt the hero they thought he was.
    The whole point of said quest line is for Xera to lecture us that Illidan shouldn't have been killed and telling us how misunderstood he is.

Besides the fact he only gives me warglaives on toons that cant use him he is fine.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

he's not really THE chosen one, he's A chosen one that will play a big part, but not the ONLY one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    This was never true in WC3 nor the trilogy. I agree with the fact that he doesn't need to be redeemed. Illidan as a character thrives on the the fact he was selfish and power hungry. He could work with anyone if he shares the same goal.
    WC3, yes. Triology? No. Surely, he was arrogant and selfish, gaining power and proving himself better than Malfurion was one (well, two) of his goals and may or may not be more prioritized. However, defeating the Legion (and thus, saving Azeroth) was always there since the moment he decided to join the Highborn / Legion side. He did those for defeating the Legion, just that it's not the only goal (whether it is most important goal or not is also in question). Otherwise, he wouldn't need to worry about Sargeras detecting his thoughts.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

You know he is not the "chosen one", right ? He was singled by the naaru because he has a bigger part to play against the Void Lords. I bet he and Anduin will be leading the charge but he is not the only chosen one. Anduin was also singled and people didn't complain as much. He is not as bad as Med'an.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    It just doesn't make sense to me.

It's fine to have characters that are above everybody else. I mean, there always have been some heroes in pretty much any story - hell, even in the bible we have a man who can split seas in two and a man who can live outside his body!

So when I see people being angry at Illidan being such an important character, I don't get it. His story make sense. It's not as if he was born overpowered either. Honestly, if you've followed his story, you'd know that Illidan is probably one of the characters who suffered the most and I don't speak of the Tyrande part.

We all knew that the story was bigger than the Burning Legion too. I mean, hell, the VOID is the biggest enemy in the universe. That's where old gods are created. And with Azeroth being a she-titan who has not yet awakened, it's more than just the bad guys on Azeroth. We're beyond that at this point.

The burning legion is just the beginning and we will need stronger characters than just us to wipe them. If that mean that we have to empower some heroes, why would that be a travesty?
    Youre stuck in the never ending cycle of escalation and expansion. WoW is basically DBZ at this point and everyones power doubles per expansion, by my calculations illidans power levels are over 1000000000!!!!!!!! All that time in the demon hyperbolic time chamber. Every expansion reminds me of that stupid scene in Starwars Ep1 underwater "Theres always a bigger fish" yawn. Illidans second coming is just another stupid step in the never ending escalation.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I for one am just glad the chosen one isn't an orc or a human, though whitewashing Illidan was utterly unnecessary.
    There's still Thrall (Metzen's waifu) and Anduin (Velen's vision). In the end they will form the Holy Trinity of Blizzard's shitty writing and wank material of Kossak and Metzen.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

There's still Thrall (Metzen's wiafu) and Anduin (Velen's vision). In the end they will form the Holy Trinity of Blizzard's shitty writing and wank material of Kossak and Metzen.
    And together they form Thandan the most awesomsauce being ever its hair so bright and red you will loose your eyesight if you look directly at it.

And together they form Thandan the most awesomsauce being ever its hair so bright and red you will loose your eyesight if you look directly at it.
    Hmm, forgot Med'an who's already having space adventures. He will be their war mount or something.

Hmm, forgot Med'an who's already having space adventures. He will be their war mount or something.
    And we forgot Rhonins devil spawn and mafurion, how could we forget birdbearcatelf thingy

Quote Originally Posted by Morkrul View Post
    You know he is not the "chosen one", right ? He was singled by the naaru because he has a bigger part to play against the Void Lords. I bet he and Anduin will be leading the charge but he is not the only chosen one. Anduin was also singled and people didn't complain as much. He is not as bad as Med'an.
    Anduin was only mentioned once, in Velen's vision that may or may not come true (especially since for the most time Velen himself doesn't know what the hell he's seeing) and Xe'ra weirdly didn't mention anyone else when she was having constant climax at the mere mention of Illidan. Illidan is the only chosen one directly confirmed. And his chosen-ness began at the very start of the universe which makes him even worse than Kerrigan. Sure, maybe it's better writing than Me'dan, but it's just above that. You could roll your face on a keyboard and the resulting text would already be better than Me'dan, it's not exactly a high threshold.

And we forgot Rhonins devil spawn and mafurion, how could we forget birdbearcatelf thingy
    Shhh, no, Rhonin's children belong to the (lore) Void.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    The questline whitewashed Illidan...

The whole point of said quest line is for Xera to lecture us that Illidan shouldn't have been killed and telling us how misunderstood he is.
    Nah. Its to show us that illidan has always been what he has always been. He is not misunderstood. People know what he is. He is a guy who will do what ever is necessary to achieve his goals. During War of the Ancients, During Warcraft 3, During The Frozen Throne, During the burning crusade.

We never misunderstood him. We just didnt know his greater goal in TBC. The person i quoted makes it seem as if all his past sins will be hidden in this expansion.

This questline shows they will not and expands them as we see just how far illidan is willing to go. The illidan novel i believe does a similar thing where illidan goes into Auchindoun and sacrifices his forces while he gains the knowlege he needs to find a demon world or the location of an artifact on a demon world, cant really remember but the point is he doesnt help his troops when this is happening and they are all killed.

So again. Illidan is what he is. He hasnt changed since day 1. Maybe he will later in the expansion but the filling in of the gaps in his history from birth to us killing him in the black temple suggest he has been the same guy most of us know and love.

your opinion whitewashed illidan, not the questline.

More like cillit banged him. It was nice to have character who didn't care about morals to get shit done and was hated for it, now all he ever did was never wrong on any level.

A'dal and the entire Sha'tar are actually Dreadlords.

A'dal and the entire Sha'tar are actually Dreadlords.
    The encounter between illidan and the Sha'tar should be funny as hell though ;P