Page 16 of 104 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    So is merkel still interested in offering eu membership now?
    lol

another question:
    is the U.K. still worried about Turquie becoming an EU member anytime soon?

"Action taken to ‘reinstate constitutional order, human rights and freedoms’, say armed forces"

I like the sound of that...

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Erdogan reportedly looking for asluym in Germany
    I'm sure Merkel will have no problem welcoming him with open arms.

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    I'm gonna blame Hillary.

Does that count as blaming the US?
    well, she was Sec of state...but no I still don't think that's accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    If the coup is secular, it's actually cleaning up the mess.
    cuz we are playing civ V and after a coup everyone go back to doing their crap without consequences? Did you think that all those who support Erdogan will just say who care and accept it?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Regardless, if you support democracy you wouldn't be supporting this coup unless you're a hypocrite.
    It is far from that simple. It isn't all that democratic to sit by and see a democratically elected leader starting to dismantle the democracy more or less wholesale, and turn into a de facto dictator. One could easily argue that democratically inclined individuals ought to celebrate a coup in this instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a turk in Turkey right now, there are some things i want to clear out. A group of military in unknown size has taken up arms against the ruling party. The national tv just announced the demands that these militaries wants, and its in line of what we all expected: they are pro kemalists.

As civilians, we're safe. We are just confused to as where this will lead

Erdogan doing a live interview via his iPhone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    I remember Egypt when the army took over and that country is still in chaos.
    I hated Saddam Hoessein aswell but looking back on it maybe the world was a better place with him in charge.
    As i recently replied to Djalil, this has happened three times in the last 100 years to create a more stable political environment and it worked every time pretty much. The military in turkey hands over power, the leader in Egypt merely traded in his military hat for a political one and assumed that would make it look more fair.

There are quite a few differences between that of Egypt and those in Turkey. Which is why personally am not concerned, i could be completely wrong and this time it could be to install a very long term military rule but that is not what took place before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    cuz we are playing civ V and after a coup everyone go back to doing their crap without consequences? Did you think that all those who support Erdogan will just say who care and accept it?
    Look at Turkey's coup history in the 20th century.

Quote Originally Posted by Drukqs View Post
    Guys there will be some blood i guess.he basically talked 5 min and all he said was "lets meet us and show them what we got".now this is getting scarier.
    He's living in a dream world. Turkey isn't going to tear itself apart for him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    I'm not sure why people in the middle east can't just agree that whoever wins elections gets to rule.
    because being elected doesn't mean you can do what you want. It's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    I know someone who is really happy.

Probably also abit more paranoid it'll happen to him.

And adios Erdogan, the EU should send this asshole to north korea.

I'm not sure why people in the middle east can't just agree that whoever wins elections gets to rule.
    Hahaha, it's not only in the Middle East. Sometimes the people who wins elections are suddenly becoming dictators. He was jailing his opponents who were disagreeing with him. He wanted a religious country(based on Islam). What did you expect?

"Hitler won! Let him lead Germany... oh, we're THIRD REICH NOW, attack Poland!".

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    because being elected doesn't mean you can do what you want. It's as simple as that.
    ^And this.

Nothing like a Good Ol ' Turkey Shoot

seems like they arent stupid enough to just accept that the elected person is making sure nobody else gets elected anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwek View Post
    As a turk in Turkey right now, there are some things i want to clear out. A group of military in unknown size has taken up arms against the ruling party. The national tv just announced the demands that these militaries wants, and its in line of what we all expected: they are pro kemalists.

As civilians, we're safe. We are just confused to as where this will lead
    wwhat exactly is a kemalists ???

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    So is merkel still interested in offering eu membership now?
    if it's the more islamist part of the military, i'm sure merkel would do everything in her power to get their EU membership fast tracked. so progressive!

i hope everything goes ok, don't need more bullshit out of that area of the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    NATO intervening a coup by Turkish Army?
    Best to ignore the craziest of posts, how do you see this personally good or bad? I'm guessing good.

So, what side is Erdogan on, and is he losing? Cause fuck him.

edit: nwm lol
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2016-07-15 at 09:39 PM.