Page 79 of 104 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    On a more positive note, this should help Erdogan mend relations with Russia further. He can now, without losing face, blame the military for shooting down the Russian fighter, find appropriate culprits, and punish them hard.

Inconveniently for the US, the main suspect behind the attempted coup resides in the United States... wonder if they'll try to hastily frame Russia, somehow?
    Pardon me for quoting myself, but... lol, bloody h*ll that didn't take long:
    http://en.ria.ru/middleeast/20160716...ot-russia.html
    Sometimes I even surprise myself

BREAKING: Turkey’s top judicial body HSYK lays off 2,745 judges after extraordinary meeting
    https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/754281125074305025

Just another act in the show...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Now Erdogan will tigthen his grip even more.

Already started by removing close to 3000 judges today.
    He definitely has a nation wide mandate to purge whoever he wants following this event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Can people please provide a link when mentioning something like 3000 judges losing their jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    Yildirim says "it would be wrong to call it a coup" but that there has been an attempt by "part of the military".

He describes it as an "illegal attempt" to seize power.
    Not to seize power. But to correct the course of the nation of turkey.
    Witch has gone the way of putin etc, erdorgan is growing very close into a dictator if you look at the stuff he has done over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Can people please provide a link when mentioning something like 3000 judges losing their jobs?
    http://www.dailysabah.com/politics/2...r-coup-attempt

This is now guaranteed to be a coup by Islamists. It's better that this has failed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Thank you.

So, supposedly (officially), these people lost their jobs due to having connections with the coup. How exactly can judges be connected to a coup that never even saw those leading it in power (which is the point where their supporting judges might come in, in order to sentence the people who were removed from power)?

Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    the weather must be great up on your horse on top of that mountain
    Least our parts will be the last to fry when global warming gets real.....And I do enjoy a changing climate.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quick report from Ankara: Everything seems to be okay now, people are going on about their day as usual, almost all shops are open(except the ones in the areas that were subjected to bombing runs), kids playing in the street, it is like none of us feared for our lives last night. Everything seems to be forgotten by the morning.

Power in my house was cut, i will write a detailed accord of everything I have witnessed once I can get on my pc again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    This is now guaranteed to be a coup by Islamists. It's better that this has failed.
    Right. A coup by Islamists against a president who's shitting on everything secular Ataturk did and turning the country into a theocracy? Riiiiiiight.... Logic > 9000.

Its ok guys. The turkish people want this autocracy. They voted for him democratically. And the government is giving him all the power he needs.

Reminds me of Senator Palpatine in star wars. "Democracy! Republic! Oh our republic/democracy is being threatened! Grant me Emergency Rule ill give it back later! Look those filthy jedi tried to kill me! Autocracy! Empire!!!!

Erdogan is the islamist, sir, you're mixing people up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Its ok guys. The turkish people want this autocracy. They voted for him democratically. And the government is giving him all the power he needs.

Reminds me of Senator Palpatine in star wars. "Democracy! Republic! Oh our republic/democracy is being threatened! Grant me Emergency Rule ill give it back later! Look those filthy jedi tried to kill me! Autocracy! Empire!!!!
    well hes basically doing the same.. star wars is based on dictatorships n stuff.

Man, I had hoped that they at least manage to blow up his megalomaniac palace. What a shame

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Thank you.

So, supposedly (officially), these people lost their jobs due to having connections with the coup. How exactly can judges be connected to a coup that never even saw those leading it in power (which is the point where their supporting judges might come in, in order to sentence the people who were removed from power)?
    I highly doubt that those people have anything connection to the coup, Turkish government goes into emergency meeting following the "coup" attempt and goes through 2745 cases of involved judges? this entire thing was planned in advance, and the only crime those judges are guilty of is that they were not dancing to Erdogan's tune.
    You can expect quite a bit of lays off in the not so distant future all across Turkey, while the biggest one will be the Turkish Army, Erdogan will completely remove any remnant of secular Army command.

Edit: unconfirmed reports about Kurdish members of the opposition that are being arrested.
    Last edited by Mavett; 2016-07-16 at 02:08 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Erdogan now has a free check to get rid of anyone who opposes him. I imagine some serious reshuffling within the army ranks, even those who did not support this coup.

And its gonna get worse for the region: a free and unshackled islamist autocrat whos slowly pushing turkey into becoming another Iran.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    I highly doubt that those people have anything connection to the coup, Turkish government goes into emergency meeting following the "coup" attempt and goes through 2745 cases of involved judges? this entire thing was planned in advance, and the only crime those judges are guilty of is that they were not dancing to Erdogan's tune.
    You can expect quite a bit of lays off in the not so distant future all across Turkey, while the biggest one will be the Turkish Army, Erdogan will completely remove any remnant of secular Army command.

Edit: unconfirmed reports about Kurdish members of the opposition that are being arrested.
    As expected Erdogan will purge all that remain of those that oppose him in any way. Not sure why he thinks folks will be fooled that this could happen overnight though.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Erdogan now has a free check to get rid of anyone who opposes him. I imagine some serious reshuffling within the army ranks, even those who did not support this coup.

And its gonna get worse for the region: a free and unshackled islamist autocrat whos slowly pushing turkey into becoming another Iran.
    Bye bye EU membership.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post

Never understood the people wanting islamic autocracy do they look at Syria, Iraq, SA and Iran and go "Hey their countries look they are doing well, lets scrap our growing economy! lets rush back into the dark ages head first allahu akbar!

I wonder if the recent ISIS terrorist bombings in Turkey had anything to do with it? From a distance it would seem that ISIS would have no reason to attack Turkey, but they did. Could that have been a symptom that the coup was coming?

Just speculating.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland