Page 8 of 104 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Who has said that?
    A few people expressed concern that it might be, but overall, he's just seeing what he wants to see. More or less hallucinating, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Iran is not a threat to other countries. We may not like how they treat their own population, but that's their own business, as long as they don't threaten any other countries. Saudi Arabia is worse, they actually attacked Yemen.
    Ok that came out wrong; Iran reverence was not it being a threat, but I doubt NATO would allow Turkey to go from NATO member to the complete opposite.

(Though I quite doubt that would happen in this case)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Whatever gave you that idea?
    His delusion. Many posters in this and similar threads seem to suffer from it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    You mean like repeatedly publicly stating they want to wipe Israel from the map? Are you serious right now saying Iran never threatens anyone?
    Ahmadinejad has been gone since a while, in case you didn't notice, no one else really supported that.

One world government folks! Its -never- too late!

So much shit happening in the world right now, it's fucking unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Is there a source for this? Ive never heard this before.
    Nothing in print sorry, just heard on cable news that there are parts of the military that fractured from the rest. It might have explained why there are some hostages.

Deleted
    Does anyone know what the situation with comms is across the country? Are they all out or is it just the net/international calls that is blocked currently. I have a friend who works/lives in Turkey but is out in the sticks hiking in Aladağ and he can send sms by satphone/gps as I just saw his 4hr auto/checkin. He probably doesn't have a clue wtf is happening. His phone goes straight to voicemail but he might not have had a signal anyway.

It's not the first time they're doing that. Army fought numerous times with the government which was too religious. This time is no different.

Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
    Does anyone know what the situation with comms is across the country? Are they all out or is it just the net/international calls that is blocked currently. I have a friend who works/lives in Turkey but is out in the sticks hiking in Aladağ and he can send sms by gps as I just saw his 4hr auto/checkin. He probably doesn't have a clue wtf is happening. His phone goes straight to voicemail but he might not have had a signal anyway.
    From what I'm reading is it's not completely blocked, but slow

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    You mean like repeatedly publicly stating they want to wipe Israel from the map? Are you serious right now saying Iran never threatens anyone?
    If that's the standard, there are more than a few American politicians who have implied they should glass the entire middle east with a carpet bomb spread of nukes

Ahmadinejad hasn't been in power since 2013, he was responsible for most of their public holocaust denial and anti-israeli statements lately: he got kicked out.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

It's highly unlikely this is a religious inspired coup. Erdogan has been pushing Turkey away from secularism, not the other way around.

It's more likely that elements of the military have grown tired of Erdogan, his reckless behavior putting all of Turkey at risk. He's forced resignations, arrested high ranking officers, and recently stated he wants to make Syrian refugees citizens. He's changing the country and they're not going to stand for it.

And no, they're not going to attack NATO bases in Turkey. Don't be silly

Ahmadinejad has been gone since a while, in case you didn't notice, no one else really supported that.
    Ahmadinejad was a puppet of the ajatollah. Whatever he said had someone else supporting it by default.

Deleted
    All flights from Istanbul cancelled.

Bank run as people now withdrawing a lot from ATMs.

"In 2013, a new Iranian president, Hassan Rouhani, was sworn into office. While more soft-spoken than his predecessor – and widely described as a “moderate” – Rouhani has nonetheless referred to “the Zionist regime” as an enemy nation and pledged to find a way to achieve Khomeini’s long-term goal of ensuring that Israel ceases to exist."
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/jerusalemce...leaders-m-hys5

Sure, he was the ONLY Iranian committed to destroying Israel. I'm sure the mullahs that really run the country are just so pro-Jew, they can barely stand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Onvious View Post
    That guy on a bike overtaking a tank column. What a guy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    It must be for what he is about to do.

He has already turned himself into a dictator, took control of the intelligence services, forced religion into politics, squashed all opposition, made other politicians criminals, etc. etc.

So, the only stage left is to take over the secular military. I assume this is the point where they said, enough is enough!
    This is the lesser of evils.

7+ Year Old Account
    U.S.-Turkish Military Base at Incirlik, outlying bases have gone to "Force Protection Condition Delta,” U.S. military sources say
    https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/statu...56427388473344