Enhancement - Racials

I know racials tend to never really matter that much in the end, however i'm trying to figure out if racials do infact work on spirit wolves, and would the orc racial (blood fury) overtake the troll racial (beserking) for burst. I would love to know your standpoint on this matter.

Blood fury being a 2 min cd with atk pwr boost
    Beserking being a 3 min cd with haste boost

Doomwinds included and i guess the average 6-8 minutes ish mythic kill during progression.

Orc - pull/2/4/6/8... 5 wolves all of them with doomwinds and atk pwr boost (blood fury).

vs

Troll - pull/6... 2 wolves that benefit from the troll racial (beserking). (of course the 3 min troll racial would totally miss the 2min and 4min wolves).

Thanks

Grev

Deleted
    iirc Command passive from orcs also affects wolves, so I would say that gives Orc the edge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leivah View Post
    iirc Command passive from orcs also affects wolves, so I would say that gives Orc the edge.
    Following because i don't remember if they are affected.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

If i recall correctly wolves are considered guardians, not pets so the racial doesn't affect them yes?

Deleted
    For a second there thought I was imagining things but Purge confirmed that the racial works with wolves.

For a second there thought I was imagining things but Purge confirmed that the racial works with wolves.
    Oh good to know i swear i remember that being tested in the past and wolves didn't count haha. Did they change that for legion?

The racial at least USED to work with wolves. I have no clue if it works in Legion. But if Purge said it apparently does, thats good.
    Usually racials were always something like this if i remember it correctly:

Orc > Troll > Goblin > Pandaren > Tauren

Since Orcs had the extra damage for pets (mainly wolves) and a good offensive CD that was easily synchronized with wolves and most trinkets, they were almost always the "best" race to pick in terms of raw dps gain. Trolls followed closely, because of the extra attack speed buff, which gave us a huge boost to maelstrom stacks, elementals and so on.. their problem was the 3 minute cooldown instead of 2, which made it harder to synch it up with anything really.

Personally speaking: just go with whatever race you like the most, as the racials arent that impactful anymore. If you really want to squeeze out those extra 200 - 300 dps, well, roll an orc or troll. I personally went with Orcs back in the day, since well.. I dont really like taurens and trolls never had the same "shamanistic appeal" to me than an Orc.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Deleted
    The 2 % damage increase buff should not apply to Feral Spirit since they are guardians and not pets, but they benefit from the attack power buff tho.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Evermaw View Post
    The 2 % damage increase buff should not apply to Feral Spirit since they are guardians and not pets, but they benefit from the attack power buff tho.

Correct. The wolves will hit harder due to your increased AP, not because of the +pet damage racial.

Deleted
    I'm considering to switch to goblin not for the haste buff but for the leep forward on a minute CD that can negate knockbacks, fall damage and close gaps faster and get out of dangerous things faster.