Deleted

Should I still wear PvP gear?

I know there's the whole stat template thingy now, but supposedly the stats are increased by itemlevel. But does WoD PvP gear still increase the itemlevel to 740 in PvP? My PvE gear (ilvl 725) has a higher itemlevel than the nonbuffed PvP gear (710), but less than the buffed PvP gear (740). So does the PvP gear still scale up after 7.0? Or should I wear my PvE gear now?

Sorry if this is obvious or asked a lot. I tried to search a bit, but couldn't find any answers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Couple of take aways IMO. So the 740 pvp gear no longer scales to 740 SADLY, so - it's actually just 710iLvl gear. Wearing your 725 PVE gear is SLIGHTLY better (I only mention slightly because blizzards pvp scaling model is ever so slight even if you're FULL 750 vs. Scrubknights like myself). One thing as well: PVP SET BONUS - it works! So, I would equip the highest ilvl after the pvp 4 set bonus.

Also something to think about for maybe someone else reading the thread: Trinkets do absolutely nothing. You can't benefit from stats/or on use. So, just make sure to equip the highest iLVL of gear on each slot after the 4 set bonus, and you should be fine even if you're fighting vapenation/r1/glad/or a 750ilvl mythic warforged and upgraded player.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Couple of take aways IMO. So the 740 pvp gear no longer scales to 740 SADLY, so - it's actually just 710iLvl gear. Wearing your 725 PVE gear is SLIGHTLY better (I only mention slightly because blizzards pvp scaling model is ever so slight even if you're FULL 750 vs. Scrubknights like myself). One thing as well: PVP SET BONUS - it works! So, I would equip the highest ilvl after the pvp 4 set bonus.

Also something to think about for maybe someone else reading the thread: Trinkets do absolutely nothing. You can't benefit from stats/or on use. So, just make sure to equip the highest iLVL of gear on each slot after the 4 set bonus, and you should be fine even if you're fighting vapenation/r1/glad/or a 750ilvl mythic warforged and upgraded player.
    So ANY trinkets on use effects don't work? What on about trinkets that proc stats and what not?

What's the point of trinkets in pvp then? Item level and that's it?

And what about itemization? Do the actual stats carry over to pvp? Will mastery/haste gear still be mastery/haste in pvp?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    So ANY trinkets on use effects don't work? What on about trinkets that proc stats and what not?

What's the point of trinkets in pvp then? Item level and that's it?

And what about itemization? Do the actual stats carry over to pvp? Will mastery/haste gear still be mastery/haste in pvp?
    They basically just disabled the slots completely. You have a spell now that basically kills the human racial IMO - so now you can get out of movement impairing spells from this new ability that's given to you the first time you enter a pvp instance (arena/bg/etc). So that's nice

In terms of the ilvl, Blizzard only counts all other slots NOT trinkets, shirt/cloak slots. So if you had nothing there, or the bis highest ilvl trinket in the game, those slots aren't counted in PVP.

The big takeaway is that Blizzard normalized PVP content, that way someone BRAND NEW to pvp will be brought NEAR our ilvl/stats of gear. Some people might not like it, but it's super nice for alts, and it honestly puts SKILL into the game, vs. gear just overpowering and WRECKING the other team out of the gate. NOW you have to actually OUTPLAY the other team (aka stack flavor of the mother fucking month and just skill cap like normal lol)

Does anyone know how I can have <300k HP on my fresh 100 paladin while all the other paladins in my BG's are near 400k health? Is it because I'm wearing heirlooms?

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Does anyone know how I can have <300k HP on my fresh 100 paladin while all the other paladins in my BG's are near 400k health? Is it because I'm wearing heirlooms?
    as far as i can tell with my lmited testing if you have empty slots or any non warlords+ gear your stats don't scale correctly, so yes it might be the heirlooms

Quote Originally Posted by swissarmywolf View Post
    as far as i can tell with my lmited testing if you have empty slots or any non warlords+ gear your stats don't scale correctly, so yes it might be the heirlooms
    I see, guess I need to get some quest rewards then. I was also hitting like a wet noodle.