Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Will healers be more important than ever in PvP in Legion?

Watching some pvp video's and I notice that almost every class/spec loses a lot of defencive abilities and/or selfheals.

So that makes me wonder if Healers will be the most important aspect of being succesfull in pvP in Legion?

Deleted
    I certainly hope so. All the self healing should never have been there in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Watching some pvp video's and I notice that almost every class/spec loses a lot of defencive abilities and/or selfheals.

So that makes me wonder if Healers will be the most important aspect of being succesfull in pvP in Legion?
    Only if their heals are increased tenfold to match the absurd damage coming out of melee classes like warriors and frost DKs.

A warrior can fairly easily 3-4 shot someone in the span of a few globals.

I hope so. Warlocks and Ferals healing for infinity without ever casting is just fucking retarded.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    No

Right now nothing but a tank specced character can take any sort of beating. Healers are getting blown up, they cannot stay alive, even with PVP talents.

I think Blizzard should remove healing specs from PvP, make it DPS+tanks only ';..;' should make games much more fun and way way faster lol.

Absolutely. They can do an insane amount of damage now too. cant wait
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    I think Blizzard should remove healing specs from PvP, make it DPS+tanks only ';..;' should make games much more fun and way way faster lol.
    And you have something that ceases to be PvP.
    Players VERSUS Player requires some opportunity for reaction.
    If it becomes a victory for whoever presses a button first, then the game becomes very shallow.
    The problem is the balance, between 2 seconds to kill someone and it taking 10 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If it becomes a victory for whoever presses a button first, then the game becomes very shallow.
    The problem is the balance, between 2 seconds to kill someone and it taking 10 minutes.
    Well i was not serious =) but even 2x dps require reaction asp when you are facing high cc teams like Hunter/Boomy or Mage/Boomy or Lock/Boomy, Rogue/Hunter etc in 2s, and even furthermore in 3s. I am just saying it would be nice if all DPS teams would be viable again like they were in Wrath/Cata, maybe i dont enjoy playing with healers besides, when you run 3x dps it is not as forgiving as if you run with a healer, 1 minor mistake and its GG

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

nope, most healers are just speed bumps at this point, and lol self healing is still silly stupid.

Deleted
    I completely agree!

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It's easy as hell to make fights last long without the need for healers. MoP did it pretty well but to make it even better, nerfing burst CDs would solve that problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

this is the way i see it. they just make pvp boring for me.

Deleted
    Don't know about actual healers but I just seen an affli lock do 7.2m healing in an arena match which only lasted 90 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightwolve View Post
    Don't know about actual healers but I just seen an affli lock do 7.2m healing in an arena match which only lasted 90 seconds.
    To be fair for a DPS affliction does some of the highest healing, but as you said it lasted 90 seconds lol. Legion is similar to TBC, healers are still useful, but they are more offensive. Affliction is an outlier in dps healing, but has very poor kill potential on its own. People die much quicker, healers requires to burn mana to heal them. If theres more then 2 dps (some class only 2) Healing is only slowing their death. I had a handful match out of hundread on the beta last longer then 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightwolve View Post
    which patch?! at one point their drain life was 90% health, and the funny thing is you still fell over at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    which patch?! at one point their drain life was 90% health, and the funny thing is you still fell over at that point.
    Its still pretty much like that.

You live as long as you drain life. The moment you get interrupted you fold up like tissue paper and explode.

"Balance"

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope not.
    Healers should by no means be invincible and should never ever be able to survive the constant damage of a dps spec indefinitely without receiving peels.
    On the other hand, the healing of dps specs should be minimal, extremely detrimental to their main dps resource, or be made a defensive tied to a cooldown. Otherwise you have godlike specs like live ferals.
    Last edited by Sforza; 2016-07-16 at 08:17 PM.

its kind of the opposite - classes have too much self healing on one hand, and stacking dmg CDs on the other.

It would make only the self sustaining specs not just viable but simply playable. and horribly boring game play.