Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Talents and Zoom - blizzard, wtf?

Hi

Was just testing Legion on beta and ptr and two big questions came to my mind

1. Changing talents inside raid/instance won't be as easy and accessible as it used to be in WoD, am I right? How expensive will it be?

2. Why dafuq Blizzard removed macros to zoom out camera further than default? Like... what was wrong about it?

People made a big deal about the zoom and there was a lot of attention called to it here--and explanations offered. It's probably going to be a problem.

But the talent change is mind blowing and I dont' think a lot of people are aware of it. They are convinced we would be happier if we weren't changing our talents all the time. Or maybe they consider it part of the "experience" to run back to town when we forgot to set ourselves up for outdoor activities. Maybe they just want us to be less aware of how lame our talent choices are (sue me, I'm a rogue, and our talents are less than riveting).

I suspect this is going to be a big deal once people really understand what's happening--I can live with the zoom change but not being able to change my talents on the fly without a raid-level consumable is extremely irritating. I found out rather late about it, it was buried in the noise.

Honestly I can't even tell you. Like its really hard to see the light with these ones. Normally you can go okay I don't like that but I understand the change but I'm just a loss for words. I'm sure the restrictive talents will be changed eventually and I'm praying for some 3rd party camera hack to fix it but who knows. The camera change is especially bad. Imagine you are inside of Grimrail Depot train. Forver.
    Hi Sephurik

I still wonder what Blizzard was thinking when they implemented those changes. They said they will be adding a lot of QoL changes in Legion and those changes don't seem like QoL at all.

About talents... well yeh gg

The talent thing is stupid, but the camera makes sense and really isn't that big of a deal. People will get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    The talent thing is stupid, but the camera makes sense and really isn't that big of a deal. People will get used to it.
    Think you got this mixed up, the talent thing people got fairly accustomed to it once we got basically free tome of tranquil mind.

Camera change is one of the biggest fuck ups they have done the entire expansion, and if legion didnt look great otherwise I am sure this would cancel a crap ton of subs.

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    Think you got this mixed up, the talent thing people got fairly accustomed to it once we got basically free tome of tranquil mind.

Camera change is one of the biggest fuck ups they have done the entire expansion, and if legion didnt look great otherwise I am sure this would cancel a crap ton of subs.
    If people cancel the sub because of a camera adjustment, then you are not here to play the game.

Camera thing is bad for melee for PvE. So much going on in melee with over sized boss, spell effects and lots of other people.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Camera thing is bad for melee for PvE. So much going on in melee with over sized boss, spell effects and lots of other people.
    It really isn't that bad. I've raided mythic as melee without the max camera distance and was fine. People are going to complain because they're used to it, but will adjust. Blizz's silence on it since announcing it is quite telling how they feel. So either quit, or adapt.

It really isn't that bad. I've raided mythic as melee without the max camera distance and was fine. People are going to complain because they're used to it, but will adjust. Blizz's silence on it since announcing it is quite telling how they feel. So either quit, or adapt.
    Its unbalanced for melee, they are incapable of viewing the entire battlefield like the ranged do making is harder to react to mechanics. No one said its impossible, I'm sure you could do mythic first person if you wanted to prove a point but that doesn't mean is isn't bad for melee compared to ranged.

Am I correct about this:

Blizzard adjusted camera zoom on Legion because big part of community never knew about those camera macros, and therefore it wouldn't be fair for some part of community to use those macros and some not.

At least that's what I've understood from the blue post...

Deleted
    As far as I know, the explanation provided for the camera distance change was that "everyone should be equal", so that people who know about the macros wouldn't have an advantage over those who don't.

Well. OK. That's great Blizzard. So why not raise the slider maximum to what the macros allowed for? Everyone is "equal", there are no macros, and everyone's just as happy as they were.

Someone somewhere had a brainfart and decided there would be some "reason" why the maximum distance should be lower than before. I'm convinced there's absolutely no good reason not to have just raised the slider maximum to what the macros allowed and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    As far as I know, the explanation provided for the camera distance change was that "everyone should be equal", so that people who know about the macros wouldn't have an advantage over those who don't.

Well. OK. That's great Blizzard. So why not raise the slider maximum to what the macros allowed for? Everyone is "equal", there are no macros, and everyone's just as happy as they were.

Someone somewhere had a brainfart and decided there would be some "reason" why the maximum distance should be lower than before. I'm convinced there's absolutely no good reason not to have just raised the slider maximum to what the macros allowed and be done with it.
    If they really want everyone to be equal or on a level playing field, they should just disable addons too. Watch the outcry when people no longer have boss mods and have to guess when something is coming, or no longer have weakauras to track parts of their gameplay.

On the beta, scribes can make an item that allow for changing talents away from Dalaran or other cities.

Deleted
    Blizzard has explained their reasoning behind both of these things... Go to the forums or use google...

Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    Hi

Was just testing Legion on beta and ptr and two big questions came to my mind

1. Changing talents inside raid/instance won't be as easy and accessible as it used to be in WoD, am I right? How expensive will it be?

2. Why dafuq Blizzard removed macros to zoom out camera further than default? Like... what was wrong about it?
    Talents will be changeable inside raid/instances with consumable reagents, just as easy and accessible as in WoD.

Legion actually makes it better. It is no longer one talent change per reagent, rather the reagent lets you change as many talents you want within the few seconds of the buff it gives you. Also, you no longer need any reagent while in a resting area, or when first entering an instance.

How expensive will it be? that depends on the market.
    Last edited by Thontor; 2016-07-16 at 01:03 PM.

Deleted
    Try LEADING a raid instead of afkin and come again....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    Blizzard adjusted camera zoom on Legion because big part of community never knew about those camera macros, and therefore it wouldn't be fair for some part of community to use those macros and some not.
    At least that's what I've understood from the blue post...
    So Addons are still allowed why then?

Even on beta you can STILL zoom out camera a lot more than the actual limit on the slider inside the options menu. Try "/console CameraDistanceMaxFactor 1.9"
    It's the current maximum and it's more than enough imo. I don't get the shitstorm that's been happening about this topic.

Deleted
    When I read people complaining about the camera distance thing and not being able to see the environment as melee, I have to ask, do people not know that you can move the camera and look around?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    If people cancel the sub because of a camera adjustment, then you are not here to play the game.
    Exactly this^ if people are going to do a "run home to mommy" and cancel their sub because of the camera change then why do they play games at all.. Since not many games allow the amount of zoom that WoW does at the moment..