Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Broken Shore End Cinematic?

How the hell has this not been leaked yet, being this close to its launch on Tuesday. I want to spoil it for myself obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzed View Post
    How the hell has this not been leaked yet, being this close to its launch on Tuesday. I want to spoil it for myself obviously.
    Not even in the game files yet, so hard to get it mined/leaked.

Unless I'm missing something, it also isn't going to be there Tuesday. The patch announcement said "The Opening Salvo: Transmog and Class Changes" followed by a paragraph break and a new header with "In the coming weeks we'll be releasing new content." that specifically mentioned the Broken Shore event as following up the Invasion as a separate phase.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    They keep the cinematic files encrypted during testing cycles. This basically means the cinematics are locked and unavailable until launch. I don't recall how long Blizzard has been doing this, but I do remember encrypted cinematics being a thing since late MoP, so it may be a fairly recent thing.

Shortly before WoD was released, Blizzard decided to appease eager fans by revealing all of WoD's cinematics at once in a spoiler-marked blog post. From my understanding, they have no intention of doing the same for Legion's cinematics, so you'll just have to sit tight and wait until the cinematics can be be experienced in the live game in order to see them.

They arent releasing any of it until that part of the game is live to keep some surprises. No reason to test videos.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Nobody datamined the Garrosh cinematic until he was downed.

Broken Shore doesn't get released Tuesday, FYI, OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    A little shitty imo.

All the cinematics are encrypted, just like the SoO one was. We're not going to see them until the broken shore releases.

Because it's encrypted and cannot be datamined along with every other cutscene in Legion. Blizzard doesn't let us do this anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    I would bite my tongue on that one.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

No invasions either, no new gameplay content for another ~two week. On tuesday (WED on EU) the patch will enable the class revamps, the wardrobe, and that's about it. Also garrison gold missions cease to exist.

7+ Year Old Account
    Considering some players have hundreds (or thousands) od salvage crates to open and sort out the items for mogs, I think some people will have a lot to do after the prepatch hits.

Also, it gives people that did not play on PTR/Beta to experience the class changes and get used to them.

A little shitty imo.
    and if invasions and Broken Shore were being released on Tuesday, by Weds players would be bitching about lack of new content because they were done with everything already (which will still happen anyway)

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not gonna spoil it for myself. I'll see the cinematic when I do Broken Shore on live for the first time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    They already stated the event won't happen right away.

Could the cinematic maybe be datamined? Maybe, unlikely.

But it won't be out tuesday.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Not even in the game files yet, so hard to get it mined/leaked.
    TBH is it possible Blizz doesn't even put it in 7.0 on Tuesday? And instead patches it, and other leak-sensitive cinematics, in day-of?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

They are in the files. They are just encrypted.

If you try to open or extract them, it won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    TBH is it possible Blizz doesn't even put it in 7.0 on Tuesday? And instead patches it, and other leak-sensitive cinematics, in day-of?
    As the poster above said, they're apparently in the files, just no one's cracked them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The only one that should be biting their tongue in this thread is you. See you in 24 hours.