Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmollster11 View Post
    On the beta, scribes can make an item that allow for changing talents away from Dalaran or other cities.
    I really would like my mechanical engineer pet to have function like this)
    Over all both are not a big problem for me its weird in the begining but in the time you get used to it

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad0wS0urc3 View Post
    If they really want everyone to be equal or on a level playing field, they should just disable addons too. Watch the outcry when people no longer have boss mods and have to guess when something is coming, or no longer have weakauras to track parts of their gameplay.
    That's called alpha/beta, people had to play Legion without mods for months until up-to-date mods could get created.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am convinced they really changed the camera to hide unfinished textures while they, lazily, finish flying. Otherwise they'd at least meet halfway and put the max distance on a slider.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2016-07-17 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Is it annoying? Yes, but we'll adapt.. in one month after launch nobody will even think about it anymore.
    Ability to adapt to a shitty change does not make it any less of a shitty change.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Ability to adapt to a shitty change does not make it any less of a shitty change.
    Especially since the easy way to fix this was to simply allow your mouse scroll wheel to go further by default.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    That makes zero sense. So players complain about a gold sink to change specs, so Blizzard's reaction is to make a gold sink to change talents outside of cities/inns?

The current policy in Legion is completely backwards from what it should be. Changing a spec is a lot more impactful and meaningful, and therefore should have the greater restriction. Talents are just slightly different ways to fight. Much less significance, and therefore should be a lot more free to change. I don't know who at Blizzard decided to go this route, but they completely fail at logic or even basic common sense.
    Well people bitched, moaned and carried on like spoilt brats over having to pay gold to change specs, while the talent changes were free and could be changed anywhere.. After so much QQ Blizz went okay lets go this way, and made them all free but could only be changed in designated areas.. This is what can happen when people complain too much about something, it will eventually comes back to bite you in the ass..

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Well people bitched, moaned and carried on like spoilt brats over having to pay gold to change specs, while the talent changes were free and could be changed anywhere.. After so much QQ Blizz went okay lets go this way, and made them all free but could only be changed in designated areas.. This is what can happen when people complain too much about something, it will eventually comes back to bite you in the ass..
    And now you're doing the same that the change is in. I prefer having to choose something and stick with it than changing on the fly unless it's a raiding environment. Jut think about what you're going to do and tailor your spec to it before you leave. Or know where the inns are and plan around that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    I'm rejecting it, because every single point mentioned in it has been already thoroughly dissected, confronted with arguments and refuted in its entirety in multiple threads, both here in MMO-C and official forums. I won't do you the favor of repeating the entirety of them. I already touched some of them, but your answers are memes and Watcher's post. Not arguments. You're just fanboying and call it "facts, logic and arguments"
    Well... I, like an adult should be able to, say "lets agree to disagree" and you come back saying I'm fanboying simply because you disagree with me. The "dissection and confrontation" is nothing more than children crying like little children refusing to accept what their parents have said. If it's that bad for you then unsub. It's that simple. You honestly simply sound like a child that just wants to cry into a resonating chamber and doesn't want to heard a solid conflicting argument (which I have put forth). The memes were to show you that you were acting like a child. That clearly pissed you off (which was the point of them tbh). You're literally plugging your ears screaming "I'm not listening to you!" when you're told that having a gigantic (200+ yard) field of view trivializes things that are meant to catch you off guard.

I guess I'll put it to you this way. Two people walk into a room. There is a rogue stealthed in the room. One person has a larger stealth detection radius than the other. Who has the advantage? It's the same scenario, but in the field of view scenario you can move your camera left or right to see more if you aren't as zoomed out as the other player. It's meant as a player power nerf. If you refuse to accept that then that's fine. Don't call me a fanboy because you want to cry about it like a little bitch though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I am convinced they really changed the camera to hide unfinished textures while they, lazily, finish flying. Otherwise they'd at least meet halfway and put the max distance on a slider.
    It is on a silder. As it is in game right now, but they removed the console command to let us zoom out further.

Why are people spazzing out about the talent changes, Scribes will make things that let raids change out their talents. I mean there was a time when you couldn't change your talents out before so why flip out about going back to that? Maybe on certain fights people with more aoe talents will do better than those w/o and vice versa on other fights. That's not a hard concept to imagine again.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    And now you're doing the same that the change is in. I prefer having to choose something and stick with it than changing on the fly unless it's a raiding environment. Jut think about what you're going to do and tailor your spec to it before you leave. Or know where the inns are and plan around that.
    Thing is in my post I was trying to generalize the issue, I myself have no qualms one way or the other about it but others seem to.. I would of preferred it being what was originally intended, but ah well easy come easy go..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2016-07-17 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Funny part is people complain the game is too easy, and the minute Blizzard does something that might make the game a little harder for them they start complaining.
    Tedious does not equal harder.

Im somewhat okey with the new talent switch restriction but the camera is really annoying as melee. Guess there is an issue with the new camera shaking tech and the extra zoomed distance, there is no other reasonable explanation why should they change something that worked perfectly in the past.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Adult arguments: "tinfoil", meme with "cupcake, suck it up", blah blah child, tantrums etc. You have been presented with arguments, you have been dismissing them with your "adult" attitude. You're worthless to this discussion and everyone can see it. I leave you to the pity of the forum.

Deleted
    About talents- you got 1 min after entering a instance to swap talents around. Inscribers can make a item that can be sold, that works like a "food feast" just to allow talent changes. I don't see any problems..

10+ Year Old Account
    The talent thing is fine now that they added inscription tomes to get around it. I'm glad they're making it a little more expensive to switch talents on the fly. These things should be a choice and a bit more of a commitment. In the alpha and even in WoD to some extent it's gotten to the point where you switch talents between trash packs just to gain a bit more speed and DPS and that kind of menu-driven min/maxing just isn't a fun game.

Camera change on the other hand I dislike. It's not a dealbreaker, but it's a shame. Hopefully they change their minds on it later.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Agreed. Spec cost change was more inline with Blizzard's class design this expansion (Artifacts do limit the performance of another spec, especially after the 13th trait, where AP needed for the next one is significantly increased). Players (hybrid classes mostly) brought this to themselves, being accustomed in the freedom of a free second spec and generally "free" (tome cost was non-existent practically with such gold inflation, plus garrisons were giving them free from a mission) talent change and knee-jerking to the situation. The result was this talent change cost.
    Last edited by Fabinas; 2016-07-17 at 09:44 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    The talent thing is fine now that they added inscription tomes to get around it. I'm glad they're making it a little more expensive to switch talents on the fly. These things should be a choice and a bit more of a commitment. In the alpha and even in WoD to some extent it's gotten to the point where you switch talents between trash packs just to gain a bit more speed and DPS and that kind of menu-driven min/maxing just isn't a fun game.

Camera change on the other hand I dislike. It's not a dealbreaker, but it's a shame. Hopefully they change their minds on it later.
    You should see this camera thing on the Blizz forums quite a few are saying they wont buy Legion because of this change..

/Begin Rant: The other thing that shows how bad the community is becoming is that if you don't jump on the "I Hate This Change" wagon you get down voted into oblivion.. Like how if you are okay/fine with the change you are seen as not being a raider and are seen as being a troll out to cause strife and so on..

While I can understand those with medical issues not liking it, it seems like a lot of the complainers are those who do high end PVE/PVP.. Either way it seems that to have an opinion over on the Blizz forums is seen as being very bad if it goes against the majority in the thread.. /End Rant

Will Blizz change their minds? I don't think so but then again you may never know..

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. Spec cost change was more inline with Blizzard's class design this expansion (Artifacts do limit the performance of another spec, especially after the 13th trait, where AP needed for the next one is significantly increased). Players (hybrid classes mostly) brought this to themselves, being accustomed in the freedom of a free second spec and generally "free" (tome cost was non-existent practically with such gold inflation, plus garrisons were giving them free from a mission) talent change and knee-jerking to the situation. The result was this talent change cost.
    Yeah was a shame that some folks went all torch and pitchfork over the respec for gold thing and well look where it got us.. Goes to show that some people can be complete idiots..

Adult arguments: "tinfoil", meme with "cupcake, suck it up", blah blah child, tantrums etc. You have been presented with arguments, you have been dismissing them with your "adult" attitude. You're worthless to this discussion and everyone can see it. I leave you to the pity of the forum.
    Honestly, you are just throwing tantrum. You have a point. I understand.. so has blizzard and Rizendragon. If you disagree with them, fine, but stop with your childish attitude.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I still expect arguments. All i see is dismissal of my posts with no counter arguments. Keep the blah blah.

I still expect arguments. All i see is dismissal of my posts with no counter arguments. Keep the blah blah.
    What arguments? you have blue posts about it. What more you want?

It is only argument you will get and you can't disprove that. You may not agree with it...or you can even call it stupid. And that's fine, but it is only your opinion on that topic. Not some sort of fact. There is only fact. Blizzard felt (according them) players should be equal in this regard, so they made the change. For example, I agree with them and yes, I am playing melee character. You can say why you think it is bad idea but that's about it.