Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Lol what the hell? Um, yes, there's absolutely a benefit to leveling faster. Extra day of world quests, a day earlier for class order hall questline, more time in Suramar, etc. It's called being ahead of the curve.
    How do you get an extra day of anything by leveling 10 minutes faster?

took a quick look around garrison today and here is what i could get (max exp wise) for 25 quest hand ins at legion launch:

Quests to complete:

- Jawless Skulker, Fishing Daily [22600]
    - Put a Bird on it, Everbloom, Garrison Tavern daily [15050]
    - Battle Pet Tamers: Warlords, Pet battle daily [15050]
    - Ogre Waygates, Spirit Lodge quest [15050]
    - Scrap Meltdown, War Mill daily [15050]
    - The Unstable Prism, Weekly Timewarped Dungeon Quest reward [15050]
    - 19 Quests: 14 missives, 5 Tanaan Dailies [3750*19]

Quest Total: 154050
    Normal dungeon: 30150
    Grand Total: 184200
    it's likely that there are more 15050 exp quests around, but i would need to know if incomplete dailies disappear eventually

that said, 154050 exp is about 25%~ of your level, so you'd end up after your artifact being on around 27% into the level

worth it? yes, i think so. all quests are in your garrison and so would take a max 2 mins to hand in. HS to dala to hand in timewarped quest (20 sec max), portal to org > portal instantly to dala.

the only issue i see is a lot of loading screens, any server hiccups will fuck with u

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    took a quick look around garrison today and here is what i could get (max exp wise) for 25 quest hand ins at legion launch:

it's likely that there are more 15050 exp quests around, but i would need to know if incomplete dailies disappear eventually

that said, 154050 exp is about 25%~ of your level, so you'd end up after your artifact being on around 27% into the level

worth it? yes, i think so. all quests are in your garrison and so would take a max 2 mins to hand in. HS to dala to hand in timewarped quest (20 sec max), portal to org > portal instantly to dala.

the only issue i see is a lot of loading screens, any server hiccups will fuck with u
    Pretty sure the dailies on a rotation (i.e. the Inn dungeon dailies) are removed from your quest log when the dailies reset. So you'd basically need to get lucky the day before launch with what quests spawn, now that dailies will reset a little later in the morning as of the pre-patch.
    Last edited by Zerk; 2016-07-17 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerk View Post
    Pretty sure the dailies on a rotation (i.e. the Inn dungeon dailies) are removed from your quest log when the dailies reset. So you'd basically need to get lucky the day before launch with what quests spawn, now that dailies will reset a little later in the morning as of the pre-patch.
    right, so assuming you get horribly unlucky and have to turn in 25 3750 exp dailies, that equals 93750 exp, or about 1/6th of a level... Still prolly worth it tho

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    How do you get an extra day of anything by leveling 10 minutes faster?
    10 minutes? People are saying the leveling grind takes 12 hours. Knocking off 30 minutes, which is what we're talking about, allows you to get more shit done. There's only so many hours in the day, and not everyone is going to play for 24 hours straight.

[COLOR="#417394"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - -

Now for me, I don't believe it will take anywhere near that long. As I've stated, it's going to be a 6-7 hour grind for me. That extra half hour will be nice swing as I've got a checklist of what I want done that first day, as also stated. If people are going to quote me, at least use it in the context that it was said, instead of just saying "hurp derp 30 minutes is 30 minutes".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    there's no point getting "there" 30 mins or even a day ahead of everybody else. You need your guild to gear up and be ready as well. it'll take weeks or a month for them to open up the raids which is ample time to be ready for normal and heroic. mythic is a couple weeks after that isn't it? so what's the damn rush. get your reps up, do your quests, get your AA and artifact up and stop all the whining about 30 mins and getting there fast. You have 2 years of legion to go why try to finish it all so fast.
    A) most of my guildies will be right there with me, since we're pushing to jump up in rank in Legion. Weeks or months? Try 3-4 days. Then we will be working on our split raid toons, for another 3-4 days. The whole "there's 2 years of Legion" arguement is silly, the 10 level grind has nothing to do with this game. Wow is, and always has been, a MAX level game. Not a "hey lets sit around probed by our thumbs and then eventually we can do LFR"
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

10 minutes? People are saying the leveling grind takes 12 hours. Knocking off 30 minutes, which is what we're talking about, allows you to get more shit done. There's only so many hours in the day, and not everyone is going to play for 24 hours straight.

[COLOR="#417394"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - -

Now for me, I don't believe it will take anywhere near that long. As I've stated, it's going to be a 6-7 hour grind for me. That extra half hour will be nice swing as I've got a checklist of what I want done that first day, as also stated. If people are going to quote me, at least use it in the context that it was said, instead of just saying "hurp derp 30 minutes is 30 minutes".

- - - Updated - - -

A) most of my guildies will be right there with me, since we're pushing to jump up in rank in Legion. Weeks or months? Try 3-4 days. Then we will be working on our split raid toons, for another 3-4 days. The whole "there's 2 years of Legion" arguement is silly, the 10 level grind has nothing to do with this game. Wow is, and always has been, a MAX level game. Not a "hey lets sit around probed by our thumbs and then eventually we can do LFR"
    Who's going to be sitting around with their thumbs up their asses? Everybody will be doing the same thing we've always done on launches. Yes it's a max level game but getting there 30 mins earlier doesn't add or detract from that as you'll still be able to do all those max level things for 2 years so it's not silly. The idea that 30 mins matters is silly. Where you got that people will be sitting around with their thumbs up their asses is even more silly. But hey go get em cowboy

Quote Originally Posted by Leesing View Post
    Hi everyone,

In past expansions it was beneficial to have a lot of dailies completed for XP for when the expansion hits for that 24-35% of a level of XP.

Do you think it is going to be the same for Legion and worthwhile or not bother and try to get straight into questing.
    Sure, race to max level for, what reason? No achievement. You'll "have" to go back and do all the quest lines anyways for the AP. No reason to rush leveling anymore. Don't bother. Just quest 100-110 in all the zones and finish all major quest lines for AP
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

- Put a Bird on it, Everbloom, Garrison Tavern daily [15050]
    There's also
    • Flamefly Trap
    • Cold Steel Part II (probably)
    • Whispers in the Darkness
    that still give 15050 right now (maybe also more). Doesn't really makes sense why they are not nerfed, so I assume it's an oversight and will possibly be changed until the game goes live.

-The Unstable Prism, Weekly Timewarped Dungeon Quest reward [15050]
    Doesn't seem to give any xp on live and according to Wowhead 12320 on beta. Seeing that Wowhead still lists all Inn dailies to give full xp I'd not rely on that, though. Doesn't matter anyways, since the NPC where you turn the quest in is only there while the event lasts.

but i would need to know if incomplete dailies disappear eventually
    Daily quests from the Inn do not disappear or reset. You can collect and finish them weeks in advance if you want to. The daily dungeon boss quest does disappear, as does the apexis daily from the table (not from the missives, though).

In any case the number of Inn dailies you want to turn in should be kept to a minimum. Flipping the Inn with another building to get the NPCs to show up and the fighting with disappearing geometry could be a real time killer (unless you want to relog after flipping the building, which sounds even worse).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Sure, race to max level for, what reason? No achievement. You'll "have" to go back and do all the quest lines anyways for the AP. No reason to rush leveling anymore. Don't bother. Just quest 100-110 in all the zones and finish all major quest lines for AP
    You don't "have" to do anything. With artifact knowledge, those 500 AP quest rewards aren't shot compared to the 4k I get from the most basic of quests. You were saying?

Quote Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
    ive done this every expansion, full log of high level quests(not dailies) nets you about 50% of a level.
    Not anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
    ive done this every expansion, full log of high level quests(not dailies) nets you about 50% of a level.
    Its never worth it.

You fall behind the levelling curve and always end up competing for quests/objectives.

Every time my guildies did this, I skipped it, got in the new content first, and outlevelled them by a mile because I was at the front of the pack.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    This is not worth it. You'll want to finish every zone and do the bonus objectives anyway for rep and resources. You'd be much better served by finding a group to level with, because it's objectively much faster than soloing in Legion.
    You only need to get friendly in each zone for WQ's, and thats where the real rep and resources come from.

And group leveling is not faster than solo leveling...it's been disproven so many times unless you are a super hardcore team that has every last thing planned out, and with how mob tapping works, it's probably more beneficial now to solo than group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    Its never worth it.

You fall behind the levelling curve and always end up competing for quests/objectives.

Every time my guildies did this, I skipped it, got in the new content first, and outlevelled them by a mile because I was at the front of the pack.0
    Believe me, it is always worth it. And if you're worried about falling behind, just hearth back to the garrison or wherever when you can spare 2 minutes to turn in quests.

Better to put it like this. So what you have 40% more xp than me or 101 when I am 65% till 101. You are still going to be in the same starting areas as everyone else. You are still going to do the same quests with everyone else at the same pace, same order. ONLY difference is the mobs will hit you harder than everyone else.

Congrats you hit 110 before some people. Here is your cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    You only need to get friendly in each zone for WQ's, and thats where the real rep and resources come from.

And group leveling is not faster than solo leveling...it's been disproven so many times unless you are a super hardcore team that has every last thing planned out, and with how mob tapping works, it's probably more beneficial now to solo than group.
    Show me the proof that group leveling is not faster. Every type of quest objective in Legion is group wide. In past expansions, group leveling was better for kill quests, but you'd fall behind on collection quests. If you had a 5 person group and you had to collect 10 bear testicles for a quest, you'd now have to collect 50 bear testicles, because each person needed 10. In Legion, bear testicles and other quest items run on personal loot. They literally made that type of quest 5x faster for groups, while not nerfing the advantage that groups get in kill speed, because only named mobs scale up for fighting multiple people.

Also, you need the Pillars of Creation to do the Order Hall Campaign, which gives multiple pieces of 825-830 loot for an incredibly small time investment.

You don't "have" to do anything. With artifact knowledge, those 500 AP quest rewards aren't shot compared to the 4k I get from the most basic of quests. You were saying?
    Why miss out on the initial AP boost simply from questing ? You were saying? Lol wtf asshat remark is that? Jesus you 2010+ randos
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    Better to put it like this. So what you have 40% more xp than me or 101 when I am 65% till 101. You are still going to be in the same starting areas as everyone else. You are still going to do the same quests with everyone else at the same pace, same order. ONLY difference is the mobs will hit you harder than everyone else.

Congrats you hit 110 before some people. Here is your cookie.
    You know where is REAL difference will be? See this:

Yes, mobs will be hitting you a LITTLE harder on 101 vs 100, but your damage increases substantially. I bet, everyone that played and leveled a character on beta saw how much killing speed raises with lvl 101. Its night and day really.
    Last edited by iDielord; 2016-07-17 at 10:30 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Why miss out on the initial AP boost simply from questing ? You were saying? Lol wtf asshat remark is that? Jesus you 2010+ randos
    A) you'll hit 110 roughly halfway through the 4th zone, and that's without doing sidequests. The pillar collection is only necessary for completionist value, nothing else. The 800 I lvl rewards from it are forgettable. The artifact power will be beneficial, but then again, artifact power isn't nearly as difficult to come to come by as people seem to try and make them.

And please explain what 2010 has to do with anything? If you're going to make nonsensical insults, at least get creative with it. Lastly, the main concern for me is getting to 110, where I will then unlock Suramar. The few hundred/very few thousand AP will be recouped by going through Suramar, which rewards AP items that aren't affected by Artifact Knowledge. Don't stress getting AP, it's thrown at you in so many ways that the biggest probe in a day of gaming is remembering to use the items because your bags are filling up

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    People who think they will be hitting L110 in 12-13 hours on their first run through are deluding themselves.

Once youve played through and know where to find quests and npcs things will speed up a bit. But that assumes you are on a fast killing, fast moving toon and know exactly what youre doing. Most people will likely take 18-22 hours for their first playthrough. IF they stick to levelling and not fucking about in Dal.

A) you'll hit 110 roughly halfway through the 4th zone, and that's without doing sidequests. The pillar collection is only necessary for completionist value, nothing else. The 800 I lvl rewards from it are forgettable. The artifact power will be beneficial, but then again, artifact power isn't nearly as difficult to come to come by as people seem to try and make them.

And please explain what 2010 has to do with anything? If you're going to make nonsensical insults, at least get creative with it. Lastly, the main concern for me is getting to 110, where I will then unlock Suramar. The few hundred/very few thousand AP will be recouped by going through Suramar, which rewards AP items that aren't affected by Artifact Knowledge. Don't stress getting AP, it's thrown at you in so many ways that the biggest probe in a day of gaming is remembering to use the items because your bags are filling up
    I'm aware when you level I played beta thx Felicia.
    Retired boomer.