Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    "How dare your imaginary character take the likeness of our imaginary character!!"

Basically what all these complaints ever boil down too.
    Pretty much. Usually this type of complaints come from ppl with no problems IRL otherwise they wouldn'g waste time with such pety things.

15+ Year Old Account
    All I'm hearing from this dude is "WAH WAH WAH WAH WE'RE NOT RELEVANT IN THE MEDIA! FIX IT!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Every day some religious faggots annoying the rest of the world....
    probably going to get an infraction for this, but +1

im so tired of "oh my god im offended" being a reason for someone to give a fuck

people who cant drive are on the road all day every day i work, but you dont see me blocking up the interstate or sitting on the side of the road in my free time telling people to learn how to fucking drive. and then they want to paint you like you're some kind of villainous asshole destroying america because you had a vision and turned it into a work of art that you like and you won't censor it just because some dipshit is offended.

It is genuinely gonna get to a point I think where video games are going to start to be developed around not hurting peoples "feelings".

Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    first smite with kali because she looked way too "sexist and nude" have you ever seen scriptures of kali in hindu documents? yeah she is way more nude in there then she was in smite XD and now this again XD
    smite needed to have jesus in it, he could use the cross as his weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Blizz is going to take it down.

I believe it shouldn't. It shouldn't matter what some magic book of religion X says or people who believe in X say. All that stuff is imaginary that someone probably came up while being high on some mushroom, mold or something. None of that shit should matter in the real world.
    I don't believe there is any relevant chance that they do. I mean ... It's not like they cancelled MoP after that uproar ( and that actually caused a lot more backlash than this petty issue.. And I only call it petty because it's in no way a justifiable mockery.).
    What is tank?

"The basic idea of a tank is well understood. It works like an argument with my mother. The mobs keeps beating on you, and the more you throw it's own shit back at it, the more it focuses on you and hates you. Perplexing enough, this is actually not only your goal, but the mob eventually gives you loot and money when it dies instead of writing you out of its will." (Senotay)

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." -- William Shakespeare

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Hindus, like all religions, should shut the <insert profanities> up! Their relevance decreases by the day (still not fast enough though), and all they do is whinge, corrupt, radicalize, rape children, and hoard money.

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    smite needed to have jesus in it, he could use the cross as his weapon
    I'd play the fuck out of Jesus if he were in Smite.
    Gaming & Tech related discussion with occasional poo flinging!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS...PDOAsdXS7I029g
    https://twitter.com/Aztech_Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Can you imagine the colossal butthurt if there was a male arab hero with a Muhammad skin...
    why give dumb hypotheticals the time of day is the bigger question.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It is genuinely gonna get to a point I think where video games are going to start to be developed around not hurting peoples "feelings".
    Arguably they already are. A lot of grit and depth is removed in favour of toeing the line in various forms of media these days. Interesting fictional cultures and races often end up being designed to conform to 'cookie cutter' tropes based off of real world modern day standards of morality. The Altmer in Elder Scrolls Online, for instance, were massively watered down. As were the darker aspects of blood elves in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone made a Ramsay Snow joke yet? What with the talk of removing a skin and all...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    why give dumb hypotheticals the time of day is the bigger question.
    lol but seriously though I bet my left nut the reaction would be different.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    How many Hindus even play Overwatch? I mean, I've never heard of any non-mobile games being anywhere close to popular in India. (Yes ik there's many, many different cultures in India but it's still just about the only place with Hinduism) There'd be an argument for changing things that offend people if they were directly "impacted" by it but they'd really have to go out of their way to get offended by this one.

Tl;dr, idk any sizeable population of Hindus who play video games so why should they care?
    There are a billion Hindu's (nearly 2 billion indians in general). Just going by that, chances are high a massive amount of them play overwatch and non-mobile games in general. As for non-mobile games, the console and pc gaming market is quite sizeable in a general consumption sense.

It is just this Zed dude and his attention seeking posse who are doing this shit and trying to drum up attention and support for ad revenue and clickbait. To make themselves seem relevant. He and his group in no way represent Hindu's as a whole despite their wording. No single person or small group of this kind represents a billion people, no matter the showmanship and drama they like ot cause to make it look that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulminia View Post
    i thought the feminists would have been outside Blizzard HQ with pitchforks by now too... an opinion is like a dick, just because you have one, you don't need to be one....
    i see your sort of whiney posts complaining about them a whole lot more, and by that i mean EVERYWHERE. Anti-sjw's go out of their way to insert their agenda and whining in topics that had nothing to do with it. Just like your post. While i just about never see the people you target and definately never see them doing what you accuse them of. I do however see anti-sjw's doing exactly what they accuse others of and attempting to poison unrelated topics every chance they get in forums, video posts, news comments, fb pages...urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    There was a ton of pressure for Blizz to change what many believed to be a "sexual pose for a non-sexual character". I don't see this one gaining much traction though tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Honestly, considering they removed a pose from a character because someone thought there was too much pixelated butt showing, I don't see how they can justify something that could be actually offensive to a world religion.

Overall, I don't think they should, but then again I didn't think they should have changed a pose either.
    There was no meaningful pressure of any significance. What the both of you are saying never happened. Blizz had made the decision long before the one post or drama started for reasons beside the drama (the vast majority of which was people complaining about it being changed before it was actually changed and complaining about a comparatively non-existent group of people demanding its change because of butts). Blizz' point was that the pose didnt match the characters playful nature and replaced it with a playful pose inspired from a classic lingerie pin-up series. The new one showed no more or less butt than the last and did match Tracer much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    They're just upset the skin doesn't come with a suicide vest for accuracy.
    Urgh the ignorance. Hinduism isnt even an Abrahamic religion and there is huge contention and issues between them. Hinduism is entirely seperate in every way a religion can be.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-07-17 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    it's just a skin, god these people need to get their heads out of their asses.
    Some people should put their heads in their asses so when they see "shit" to be offended at, they have only themselves to blame...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    It is just this Zed dude and his attention seeking posse who are doing this shit and trying to drum up attention and support for ad revenue and clickbait. To make themselves seem relevant. He and his group in no way represent Hindu's as a whole despite their wording. No single person or small group of this kind represents a billion people, no matter the showmanship and drama they like ot cause to make it look that way.
    Should also note that "he and his group" are most likely "he and his imaginary friends that agree with him on every single matter"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Well considering blizz bowed to zero pressure to change a Tracer pose I'd say we will be getting 2 skins replaced in a near patch cycle for sym
    No *slap* they *slap* did *slap* not *slap*

Seriously, stop being dumb. The decision had been made to alter the pose long before anyone complained about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    "How dare your imaginary character take the likeness of our imaginary character!!"

Basically what all these complaints ever boil down too.
    it must happen a lot and affect everyone!!

for the record, you can also not name your WoW characters as Shiva, Krishna etcetera

Deleted
    Can you imagine the colossal butthurt if there was a male arab hero with a Muhammad skin...
    That skin would fit junkrat perfectly!

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    How many Hindus even play Overwatch? I mean, I've never heard of any non-mobile games being anywhere close to popular in India. (Yes ik there's many, many different cultures in India but it's still just about the only place with Hinduism) There'd be an argument for changing things that offend people if they were directly "impacted" by it but they'd really have to go out of their way to get offended by this one.

Tl;dr, idk any sizeable population of Hindus who play video games so why should they care?
    Are you kidding? Incredible no of Indian players who are Hindu, are playing overwatch and other blizzard titles, since the dawn of the company's game portfoilo. Hell i have been playing blizzard games since 1994, and i frankly care a hoot about the skin. Please don't paint such a painfully stereotyped image of us.

TLDR; This is some random fucking nutjob and no one cares, what he thinks. Go looking for idiots who are offended about even the air you are breathing, and you will find them.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it should be removed, it's my favorite Symmetra skin, personally. I also don't think Blizz will bother doing so, which is good.

At the same time however, I still feel as if there's a point to make here. If Blizzard somehow offended the Muslim population, I'd imagine they'd be tripping over themselves trying to remove the offending item posthaste. But since it's the Hindus, yeah, I'm already assuming nothing will happen.