Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    What I've been saying this entire time is, in his mind they just robbed him and made it back to their car and were about to leave so he confronted them. I'm not saying hes right, but in his mind they have committed a felony against him, and he has the right to stop them from getting away and making a citizens arrest. We know they were just playing a game, but he didn't.

As far as best way to handle a shooter while in a vehicle? Can't honestly say I've ever been in that situation but I would think decreasing the distance would be a bad idea...its pretty easy to dodge a car that isn't moving really fast, and keep firing at it. By trying to run him over they just forced him to open fire on them basically. Like I said, never been in a situation like this but I'd rather duck behind the dash and gun it in reverse than get closer to the guy with a gun.
    "In his mind".

He didn't see them leave the house. he didn't see them enter the house. He saw someone sitting in the street.

That is not reasonable belief in committing a felony in the slightest - otherwise I could citizens arrest people all day. Cardboard fell over in the garage the other day, made a huge bang... should I have gone out and held someone at gunpoint because a ~~noise~~ happened? It's nonsense.

Again though: he opened fire after they got away. to try to disable the car. Not because he was threatened, from his OWN words - he wanted to keep them there. That'd be hostage at gunpoint, btw.

You have two choices in a car: go backward, and allow the shooter to just shoot you with zero aiming issues (you're not going backward that fast without hitting things in a residential area, i don't care how good a driver you are) or forward, force the shooter to move, and gtfo out of there. Contrary to movie belief hitting a fast-moving car after you have to reorient ISN'T easy, and is actually a safer way to get away.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    The "in his mind" scenario doesn't work. At all. That would essentially excuse any crime, ever.
    Which is why I never said it excuses his crime.

Trying to run someone over with a car wouldn't cause them to react harshly? I stand corrected.
    Oh, you mean trying to get away from someone pointing a gun and screaming at you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Your comment shows you clearly have never held a firearm let alone used it or just lack basic knowledge of gun ownership.
    That's cool. It's not like we have forced 6-12 month conscription and practically every single male here has been taught how to operate a firearm.

But do tell me more about this fascinating gun ownership concept, I'm dying for you to lecture me on that. After you're done, I'll tell you how we have one of the highest gun per capita in the world.

Which is why I never said it excuses his crime.
    You really ARE trying to defend his poor, aggressive actions with such an argument though. "In the mind of a KKK member..." isn't a good, or logical argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jeeze I hope everyone playing is staying safe out there.

Trying to run someone over with a car wouldn't cause them to react harshly? I stand corrected.
    Pointing a gun at someone driving a car wouldn't cause them to react harshly?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    That's cool. It's not like we have forced 6-12 month conscription and practically every single male here has been taught how to operate a firearm.

But do tell me more about this fascinating gun ownership concept, I'm dying for you to lecture me on that. After you're done, I'll tell you how we have one of the highest gun per capita in the world.
    Don't really care what you may think you have.

EU laws and ownership on guns is not the same as US. Also once again this isn't a movie ur not getting a hand shot. But feel free to show me some EU classes that tell you to shot at hands and not center mass.

I want a official link showing what ur part of the world thinks you should do when you shoot a gun.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-07-18 at 08:31 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    What a shitty article. No details about what happened. Did it happen on a private road?

10+ Year Old Account
    PokemonGo players lives matter!

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh, you mean trying to get away from someone pointing a gun and screaming at you?
    Once again you're correct, best way to get away from a man pointing a gun at you and screaming something like "did you fucking rob me" is to murder him.

- - - Updated - - -

You really ARE trying to defend his poor, aggressive actions with such an argument though. "In the mind of a KKK member..." isn't a good, or logical argument.
    Yes trying to defend them by saying they are the wrong actions to take. Clearly you're too clever for me.

Once again you're correct, best way to get away from a man pointing a gun at you and screaming something like "did you fucking rob me" is to murder him.
    Sorry, this armed man was purely in the wrong here. Nothing he did was correct or coherent. Some Pokemon players being in his vicinity doesn't warrant that action from him.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes trying to defend them by saying they are the wrong actions to take. Clearly you're too smart for me.
    But you aren't JUST saying he was wrong. So yeah, bad try.

7+ Year Old Account
    But you aren't JUST saying he was wrong. So yeah, bad try.
    Yes, I'm also saying running people over is bad. I'm just terrible I know, I'm sorry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    But feel free to show me some EU classes that tell you to shot at hands and not center mass.
    Yeah let's compare our police force's "deadly weapon usage" to yours, what do you think the results will be like?

Hint: I'm always up for a laugh at your expense.

Yes, I'm also saying running people over is bad. I'm just terrible I know, I'm sorry.
    Sorry, when you run at a car and shoot at someone, thats a possibility. Everything that happened is 100% as a result of what the man with the gun did.

I really hope this guy gets charged for something or else we set this precedent that anyone can point a gun at you for what they deem to be "reasonable suspicion"

I'd say driving at a person holding a gun at you is self defense. Approaching a parked car on public property is not self defense.

Ahh fuck it, when in doubt, guns out, ask questions later!
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Yeah let's compare our police force's "deadly weapon usage" to yours, what do you think the results will be like?

Hint: I'm always up for a laugh at your expense.
    So you can't defend your claims of "They tell you to shoot hands".

I guess that's because no police force in any country tell's you to shoot at someones hand to stop them. Ill accept your defeat
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonygoon View Post
    I like how they left out the part where the car charged at the man before he started shooting.

To be blunt, there are two sides to this story and only one is being discussed/voiced here.

Source: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...716-story.html
    Rly? Some random guy steps in front of your car with a gun and tells you to stop. The kids were probably thinking that he wanted to take their car or kill them. If you drive with your car and some strange guy hops in front of your car holding a gun and he is no police man, what would you think?

So speeding up and trying to get away may not be the smartest thing to do when he could kill you but when things like this happen you probably panic.

What a normal person would do is write donw the cars registration plates and maybe call the polic that something sucpicious is going on. Taking the law into your own hands and trying to be a hero where none is needed is just stupid and typically US and especially Florida.

Deleted
    Not nearly as harshly as pointing a gun at someone, you know, the thing that caused them to try and run him over in the first place.
    The guy should be arrested for attempted murder.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    So they were in a car.. on the road.. not in someone's house.. and somehow the problem isn't that he decided he had the authority to stop and frisk them, and shot at them when they didn't comply with crazy gunman, but pokego?

Okay.
    Welcome to the glorious U.S of A. Where there's always some videogame to blame and never the gun or the gun-nut.

Luckily those kids avoided getting Zimmerman'd by some retard. When will people learn to mind their own business.