Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Don't go into people's property, you twats!

If I saw a bunch of shits in my yard I'd probably shoot at them too.
    Man hears "loud noise" no source elaborates beyond that.

Man looks out window and sees car.

Man decides "They must be robbing me" for no clear reason.

Man approaches car, does not obtain useful information like lisence plate for police.

Man hears them discussing pokemon.

Man gets in front of car and points gun at random kids and yells at them not to move like a thief, murder, rapist, etc.

Kids flee for their lives.

Some sources just say man shoots, others specify that man avoided them and only shot at them after his life was no longer in danger.

What part of that scenario has the kids on his property? (Not that they have to be on his property for the florida laws)

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Man decides "This is my chance to kill someone".
    FTFY. It isn't an exaggeration to say there are many people in this country looking for the opportunity to legally kill someone, or at the very least looking for a legally grey area where they can scoot away from the charges. Why do you think the Purge was a box office success when the premise is generally retarded? Because it's a sort of wish fulfillment. Humans are inherently bloodthirsty, and these types of lame fucks can't resolve their cognitive dissonance of wanting to kill while also viewing themselves as law-abiding citizens without acting on opportunities like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    @TITAN308 See? Florida. This is why I talked about being afraid to even go looking for a cat on my street.
    I can recommend a couple of good websites to get some ballistic armor. That might help... or something.

In a sane world, but the Castle Law was not made to be a sane bill.

Some random guy with a gun roles up on a 19 y/o boy and 16 y/o girl at 1am? Could be a thief, a murder, a rapist who knows. They should can defend themselves But if that man has a good lawyer he could make a defense for him under the bull shit castle law in Florida since it doesn't care if you are the one who put your life in danger from another person who also has probable cause to defend themselves from you.
    I repeat: Castle law? On public streets?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goonygoon View Post
    Well, if what the the guy said is true, then that means the teenagers were lying about not seeing a man, etc.
    They never claimed that.
    The specifically told that they assumed he was trying to scare then when they drove away.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    So if some crazy fuck comes running at you with a gun and you don't notice, its your fault?
    Clearly reading comprehensions isn't your strong suit, "pal". My post clearly implies that he was in the wrong.

Also "hurr durr pokemon go sucks", meanwhile people having been crushing rows of internet candy and no one says anything, a game come along that makes people go outside, exercise and socialize and they wanna rabble rabble rabble about it.
    The Candy Crush craze was retarded, too. Don't take it so personally. It makes you sound like a butt-hurt brony.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I'm not really sure that getting shot at because some crazy person thinks you're a burglar while you're in your car on the street is really a product of not paying attention, but I could be wrong.
    Not sure your reply is a product of paying attention, either. My post clearly implies that he was in the wrong. The latter portion of it is generalized. Saying that, if something happens because you're not paying attention makes it your fault, is a pretty basic concept. It was not saying that these kids are fault for being in their car playing on their phones.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Yeah, gosh...people getting out and walking around and interacting with other people is really fucking retarded.
    I wouldn't really classify two people staring at their phones in proximity "interacting", exactly. But whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    I repeat: Castle law? On public streets?
    The Florida Stand Your Ground law allows you to initiate a conflict and then murder a person you gave reasonable cause to feel the need to defend themselves against you when you become afraid of them. Regardless of where you are.

It does not require you to avoid conflict or make reasonable decisions at any point.

Quote Originally Posted by Goonygoon View Post
    If he walked out into the street and pointed a gun at a pair of folks in a car, yeah, he is an idiot. When they charged him it could be seen as self-defense on either side. Obviously, the inciter is at greater fault (Guy with gun). On this account, though, no reason for them to lie.
    You cannot claim self defense when you are the one going out of your way to threaten people on the streets with a loaded gun.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Yeah this pretty much.

I love the general reaction by "adults"(generally referring to people in positions of authority) that people playing games on their phones must have deserved whatever happened to them.
    That is not the case at all. You're just as bad as people who tell women not to be plastered drunk alone wandering the streets at night because they might get raped claiming it's victim blaming(it's common sense).

They aren't excusing the man at all. They're using this incident as a good time to discuss safety while playing the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Your comments in succession like that pretty much come off as he's wrong, but so are they, given that in the context of the thread, people were complaining about victim blaming because the person with the gun was quite clearly in the wrong and the police instead chose to lecture players, not some theoretical disaster where someone triggered a nuclear melt down at a power plant and died because they were trying to catch a ditto or some shit.
    Where did they blame the players? Show me exactly where they blamed them.

The Florida Stand Your Ground law allows you to initiate a conflict and then murder a person you gave reasonable cause to feel the need to defend themselves against you when you become afraid of them. Regardless of where you are.

It does not require you to avoid conflict or make reasonable decisions at any point.
    "Stand Your Ground" is something different from "Castle doctrine".

7+ Year Old Account
    Your comments in succession like that pretty much come off as he's wrong, but so are they, given that in the context of the thread, people were complaining about victim blaming because the person with the gun was quite clearly in the wrong and the police instead chose to lecture players, not some theoretical disaster where someone triggered a nuclear melt down at a power plant and died because they were trying to catch a ditto or some shit.
    Fair enough. I suppose I could have separated the comments via paragraphing. But also, while the kids weren't at fault and he should be arrested, people playing this game should pay attention. Someone runs into me because they're staring at their phone is liable to lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    "Stand Your Ground" is something different from "Castle doctrine".
    Correct, I quoted that guy who simply stated castle doctrine (which isn't actually a law) before realizing the incorrect term.

Florida has one of the most extreme laws in the nation that literally allows murder for basically any reason.

So if some crazy fuck comes running at you with a gun and you don't notice, its your fault? Some grade A logic there pal. Also "hurr durr pokemon go sucks", meanwhile people having been crushing rows of internet candy and no one says anything, a game come along that makes people go outside, exercise and socialize and they wanna rabble rabble rabble about it. We know, being a contrarian is fun, no one cares.
    Candy Crush doesn't cause idiots to walk off cliffs, or trespass, nor does it give King the right to access and edit your gmail account! Really there needs to be a Supreme Court case surrounding these invasive accesses app manufactures think they have a right to because they put it in some bullshit ToS.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure, we're all better off without people walking into other people, running into lamp posts, falling off bridges, or triggering melt downs at nuclear power plants because they were trying to catch a ditto or some shit.
    My point is that while the authorities certainly have an obligation to arrest and convict this imbecile, they also have an obligation to remind people to not be morons. That's not necessarily "victim-blaming".

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    So they were in a car.. on the road.. not in someone's house.. and somehow the problem isn't that he decided he had the authority to stop and frisk them, and shot at them when they didn't comply with crazy gunman, but pokego?

Okay.
    Florida is that place where you can stand your ground and do whatever you want to if you feel your life is threatened. You could even use a flamethrower made out of an axe spray-can if you need to defend your life. In some places if a car is parked on your curb its considered your property. Either way this is stupid. This is what happens when everyone can have a gun. Shoot first ask questions later. The real question here is will the shooter have to pay for damages?

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Gotta shoot 'm all - Florimon
    OMG!!!!!! lol

Let's go 90's and blame the parents!!! After all they the ones who let their kids stay out past 1AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    OMG!!!!!! lolLet's go 90's and blame the parents!!! After all they the ones who let their kids stay out past 1AM.
    Blame Japan for creating the environment that created nintendo which created pokemon go.
    Geez Japan, fuck you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Florida constantly proving how fucked up it is, well done. Glad the teens weren't injured.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Florida Man, World's Worst Gym Leader
    Too soon man.....
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

7+ Year Old Account
    No good pokémon trainer leaves home without packing some pokéballs, a pokédex, and heat.
    Oh my...

I kinda praise this for a fucked up reason ( the app not the violence)

It's weeding out stupid people. The only thing I fear for is the kids who get mislead by pedos using this. Kinda easy to snatch a kid if you want.

"Hey, there is a Charzard around this corner. Lemme show you"