Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    They are the highborne peoples aren't they? and they have every right to the city, and if its true the nightborne are all going to die, and the night elves don't like cities, they have forests anyway - I mean they won't be able to handle a city, the blood elves should take over Suramar. It would be awesome, Silvermoon and now Suramar, two Ss.

Maybe they can fix the nightwell problem and make it into another sunwell, it's not fair the night elves should have all the other zones of the Broken Isles, without the blood elves having some too. The Blood elves are the best at magic, and they should be the ones to take over.

Besides, we haven't seen much of the blood elves yet in Legion, but we already know they make up most of the Demon Hunters, because they understand magic better, blizzard shouldn't just cut them out of the rest of the isles, they should have Suramar and the night elves the other place, Val'shrah, with the druids, then it's 1 v 1. The blood elves understand everything about the magic problems so they won't become like Withered, as they have the sunwell now, should make them able to get the nightwell too.

Also I think the Blood elves deserve to be in Dalaran, I don't like that Aethas Sunreaver has to beg, Dalaran won't exist if it wasn't for the blood elves - and blood elves don't beg.
    first a lot of the shaldorei are not part of elisande side and we help in the questline of Suramar. in the second place the only blood elves in Suramar are the reliquary, for the moment there is not much interaction between blood elves and shaldorei

I would like to see the 3 types of elves (kaldorei, Sindorei, shaldorei) retake together Suramar

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Considering they use ordinary arcane energy afterwards to sustain themselves, it does not seem to be the case, but the nightwell has the ability to grant immortality, which other sources do not. After all its arcane essence is so potent it has to be diluted into arcwine to consume it.
    Even the well of the eternity did not grant immortality... but both groups, Eldre'thalas and Suramar found a way to get it in their darkest hour...

But on topic.. I would like to see a coalition of the elf races there. Similar to what Zuldazar is to the trolls.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2016-07-17 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Even the well of the eternity did not grant immortality... but both groups, Eldre'thalas and Suramar found a way to get it in their darkest hour...

But on topic.. I would like to see a coalition of the elf races there. Similar to what Zuldazar is to the trolls.
    The original well of eternity did grant immortality. The second one did not and was replaced with the world tree blessed by Nozdormu.

As far as I know, you need to use the Well's power to grant yourself immortality, it's not that the 2nd well couldn't grant immortality, it's that the night elves wouldn't use it for the spell work needed. It didn't matter though, as they were granted via Nordrassil. After the 3rd war, they hadn't lifted the ban on magic, and I think using that well for personal gain was still abhorrent for them, remember they do not yet know that Illidan did not reform the well to bring back the Legion but rather to save his people, their view of using it for spells is still tainted by those horrific events.

AS you can see the Shendrelar and Nightborne use the power they gain from Immol'thar and the Nightwell respectively to grant themselves immortality in a similar way how the night elves did via the well of eternity, I don't think without knowledge and use the well makes you immortal, otherwise everyone would have been immortal, and all the animals lviing near it too, I don't think it's a ritual or spell or antying, but it is a usage of the power, something that the 1 vial used to make the sunwell is insufficient to provide for the High elves.

However the nature of this is not clear, all we know is that The Well of Eternity can grant immortality if the night elves use it, so can the nightwell, and so was the power fro immolthar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    As far as I know, you need to use the Well's power to grant yourself immortality, it's not that the 2nd well couldn't grant immortality, it's that the night elves wouldn't use it for the spell work needed. It didn't matter though, as they were granted via Nordrassil. After the 3rd war, they hadn't lifted the ban on magic, and I think using that well for personal gain was still abhorrent for them, remember they do not yet know that Illidan did not reform the well to bring back the Legion but rather to save his people, their view of using it for spells is still tainted by those horrific events.
    The close proximity was enough, the night elves were immortal long before they actually used magic.

Over time, the Well's cosmic power affected the tribe, making them strong, wise, and virtually immortal.
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/The_Waking_...ll_of_Eternity

Or chronicles page 93

The close proximity was enough, the night elves were immortal long before they actually used magic.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/The_Waking_...ll_of_Eternity

Or chronicles page 93
    In the chronicles it says:
    "They transformed into highly intelligent and virtual immortal beeings"
    So one way to read this: Their transformation give them their high intelligence and their virtual immortality.
    Maybe living up to 2000 Years compared to the short life of a troll is virtually immortal?

WotA did not felt like that there are really old night elves compared to warcraft 3 times. But I may be wrong on that.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2016-07-17 at 11:08 PM.

The blood elves should be about repairing Quel'thalas and establishing themselves fully first, then move in on Eastern Plaguelands, Western Plaguelands too..

i actually agree.

Would be interested in the nightborne joining the horde and the high elves joining the alliance, i think that could make sense...

Why should they? They have no real reason or desire to do so, they have Quel'thalas and still haven't reclaimed all of their lost land, Silvermoon is scarcely populated, so they don't really have the numbers to begin with, sure there can be cooperation and exchange of techniques, they could help them with the nightwell etc. but any closer ties than that are quite unlikely.

Actually they should stay away from it and create their counter order with horde races.
    For the "why should they" they should because its a new source of power, aka the Nightwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    In the chronicles it says:
    "They transformed into highly intelligent and virtual immortal beeings"
    So one way to read this: Their transformation give them their high intelligence and their virtual immortality.
    Maybe living up to 2000 Years compared to the short life of a troll is virtually immortal?

WotA did not felt like that there are really old night elves compared to warcraft 3 times. But I may be wrong on that.
    indeed.. it doesn't even specify when they learnt magic, so there is no way to tell , one of hte advantages of a prolonged lifestyles is learning the magic and then carrying on life indefinitely.

although, coming to think of it, maybe the night elf lifespan is virtually immortal, i.e. very very long - and this is actually tied into them being night elves the new beings transformed from dark trolls with new attributes, features and characteristics including purple skin, their current shape and virtually immortal - because it said the well transformed them into highly intelligetn and vitually immortal beings - meaning that is part of the night elf nature.

It could be that the immoratily they get post that transformation from arcane magic usage further extends the lifespan from say 2-5k years to indefinite. i mean the arcane extends ones life time many times past the normal , for example isn't Aegwyn like 600 years or something old? that's like 8 times her norma lifespan, so in adidition to their transformation into long lived intelligetn beings, further arcane usage enahcnes their intelligence further and multiplies their life span, - if you're looking at a natural lifespan of say 2-5k years, then with an arcane influences you're loooking at 16-40k years, which expalins why Elisande is still alive... it could be that Nordrassil just froze the aging, granting true immortailty.

Blood elves are the exception because of whatever was done to them on exile, during the exile and the sunwell, it could be that forcing into a diurnal lifestyle or whatever they did to the sunwell, has messed witht hem, biolgoically altering that aspect about them enough.

Remember the nightborne are evolved night elves, they did not evolve away from being night elves, but became even more night elven - they are darker, more night based, more moon/stars focused - not less. which is why they also are 10k+ years old

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Humans were in just as deep shit according to chronicle
    Alright then.

I've got to read that thing someday.

Well Dath'Remar Sunstrider was also alive till the warcraft 3 events, so even for the high elves or at least some (one) of them it was possible to be alive for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    For the "why should they" they should because its a new source of power, aka the Nightwell.
    That is not really how the blood elves operate, true they gather powerful artifacts and knowledge, but only to get those home to strengthen their own kingdom. Now with their fount of power restored they are content with their small corner of the world once more. They have no intention to establish a vast empire. The only time they ever thought about abandoning Azeroth,was during the absence of the sunwell and due to Kael'thas's growing madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Again all elves could lay claim since all elves have a history with the city, they were one society 10.000 years ago after all. But as i said before claim is irrelevant in the warcraft universe, might makes right.
    and there is much more night elves then blood elves currently lore wise, as the whole idk, genocide of the blood elves, now if sylvanas helps them claim it then they would win, but if its blood vs night, night will win, blood+sylv vs night= horde wins... but i doudt one of them will claim it... im pretty sure the leftover nightborne including the rebels will claim it, once they demons are out and the rebels can come back
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Trolls should own Suramar, because elves are trolls mutated by the power of the Well of Eternity. That's how dumb all of this sounds, dumb enough that it is now reasonable that trolls own a city of high magic learning simply because they were one step back in the evolutionary chain.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    i actually agree.

Would be interested in the nightborne joining the horde and the high elves joining the alliance, i think that could make sense...
    you agree to that nonsense? Like the blood elves don't already have enough and show up enough, you want the first real advancement of night elf lore and character to be dominated by blood elves? like TBC wasn't enough, all the outland involvement, humiliating of night elves in cata, all the MoP involvement - and now they turn to night elves and show the high flying side and you and OP want it to have nothing to do with the night elves /rolleyes.

nightborne are not a big enough scalp for high elves - you see high elves fit more with humans and dalaran than with night elves, nightborne suit night elves and the highborne it's there history and they have their drama to sort out - even though the blood elves were highborne ones, that generation is long gone and they weren't related to Suramar, they were from Zin Azshari. It's the night elves are the ones from Suramar. You can't begin to talk about claim without them, and Illidan is coming back - with how poorly the night evles have been doing and how urgent their task, you'd think they'd let that power go to waste?

Given how tenacious that Thalyssra is and how she hates the legion, it looks like no way she'll turn her back on the night elves she's already pledged to protect or say no to aiding her kin rid Azeroth of the demons that have been the biggest thorn in all night elves' backsides.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drarakaun View Post
    Trolls should own Suramar, because elves are trolls mutated by the power of the Well of Eternity. That's how dumb all of this sounds, dumb enough that it is now reasonable that trolls own a city of high magic learning simply because they were one step back in the evolutionary chain.
    I don't think Trolls would want a night elven city but your sarcasm is appreciated. They're not doing much with Zul'Gurub they've finally won back. And there's the matter of Zul'drak, Zul'aman, Zul'alor and ofc there is the fabled Zul'dazar we have yet to see. I think trolls would as soon torch the place.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    you agree to that nonsense? Like the blood elves don't already have enough and show up enough, you want the first real advancement of night elf lore and character to be dominated by blood elves? like TBC wasn't enough, all the outland involvement, humiliating of night elves in cata, all the MoP involvement - and now they turn to night elves and show the high flying side and you and OP want it to have nothing to do with the night elves /rolleyes.

nightborne are not a big enough scalp for high elves - you see high elves fit more with humans and dalaran than with night elves, nightborne suit night elves and the highborne it's there history and they have their drama to sort out - even though the blood elves were highborne ones, that generation is long gone and they weren't related to Suramar, they were from Zin Azshari. It's the night elves are the ones from Suramar. You can't begin to talk about claim without them, and Illidan is coming back - with how poorly the night evles have been doing and how urgent their task, you'd think they'd let that power go to waste?

Given how tenacious that Thalyssra is and how she hates the legion, it looks like no way she'll turn her back on the night elves she's already pledged to protect or say no to aiding her kin rid Azeroth of the demons that have been the biggest thorn in all night elves' backsides.
    Whoah there chill man.

I dont want more blood elves in the game, i just want less on the horde!
    high elves suit being on the alliance imo, there are even high elf alliance factions as it is. Night elves on the other hand are more savage than their sunshiney counterparts, would fit in quite well on the horde, its just that the night elves hate the orcs due to the warsong chopping down their forest and killing their demigod.

I see no problem with alliance getting high elves, they have been part of the alliance since warcraft II.

if there is any lore about highborne elves, then its 'blood elf' lore, the blood elves were the exiled highborne, they would likely have more ties with even night elf looking highborne than the night elves do, thats not to say that this isnt night elf lore, its just elf lore, if anything this lore should be the connecting factor between the high elves and the night elves! making this just night elf lore i think is a terrible decision.

Whoah there chill man.

I dont want more blood elves in the game, i just want less on the horde!
    high elves suit being on the alliance imo, there are even high elf alliance factions as it is. Night elves on the other hand are more savage than their sunshiney counterparts, would fit in quite well on the horde, its just that the night elves hate the orcs due to the warsong chopping down their forest and killing their demigod.

I see no problem with alliance getting high elves, they have been part of the alliance since warcraft II.

if there is any lore about highborne elves, then its 'blood elf' lore, the blood elves were the exiled highborne, they would likely have more ties with even night elf looking highborne than the night elves do, thats not to say that this isnt night elf lore, its just elf lore, if anything this lore should be the connecting factor between the high elves and the night elves! making this just night elf lore i think is a terrible decision.
    lol. soz, been thin on patience on the forums lately, calming down.

I would like playable alliance high elves, but I don't want horde destabilized either - and playable high elves will do that for sure. You'll have to give an even prettier race to the horde, but no new one would have the lore pedigree of the blood elf race for desirability, the nightborne don't come close, the nicest thing about them is Suramar city and that's night elven too, their models aren't particularly nice, tho some of us like them, and most people won't swap blood elves for them.
    High elves alliance playable as full new race won't work in this current 2-faction set up b/c of the destabilization, but they can give a substitute in sub-races.

1. Can't be a full race: really no one wants another blood elven race as a full race, only the die hard high elf fans, and as much as many alliance would like high elves, not as a full race. The fact that so many players play elves, might make a new elven race popular, but also very unpopular - like a world of elf craft

2. Sub-races is the only acceptable way to add new elven races, as every race gets something. And you can provide a substitute for high elves on the alliance
    Proposing: Half-elves, - new model, new face, very pretty too: sub-race (not full race) for both humans and blood elves - so available on both.

Horde benefit: being a blood elf sub-race rather than a new race, not only do Belves maintain their special snowflake status on the horde, but they also don't need to swap factions to play a half-elf if they prefer it too

Alliance benefit: get their pretty white elf dream at last, half-elf has strong high elf themes, as they're their children, so alliance get a just as good.

Looks: I'm copying this from another post, but the half elf would be slimmer than human but bulkier than an elf. An important feature would be ear customization - that would range from full elven length of ears and eyebrows to human length and everything in between so you can get your half elf, look full elven or human-like. It's own unique silhouette ensures that it doesn't interfere with human or blood elf - but offers an alternative.

It also only works with a host of other sub-races, especially since it would be one of the only ones available to both factions. And that's why both factions works in this case, because it would be effectively 1 in 12 or 1 in 24.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2016-07-18 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    lol. soz, been thin on patience on the forums lately, calming down.

I would like playable alliance high elves, but I don't want horde destabilized either - and playable high elves will do that for sure. You'll have to give an even prettier race to the horde, but none have the pedigree of the blood elf race for desirability, the nightborne don't come close, the nice thing about them is Suramar city and that's night elven too, their models aren't particularly nice, tho some of us like them, and most people won't swap blood elves for them.
    High elves playable won't work in this current set up, but they can give a substitute in sub-races.

1. Can't be a full race: really no one wants another blood elven race as a full race, only the die hard high elf fans, and as much as many alliance would like high elves, not as a full race. The fact that so many players play elves, might make a new elven race popular, but also very unpopular - like a world of elf craft

2. Sub-races is the only acceptable way to add new elven races, as every race gets something. And you can provide a substitute for high elves on the alliance
    Proposing: Half-elves, - new model, new face, very pretty too: sub-race (not full race) for both humans and blood elves - so available on both.

Horde benefit: being a blood elf sub-race rather than a new race, not only do Belves maintain their special snowflake status on the horde, but they also don't need to swap factions to play a half-elf if they prefer it too

Alliance benefit: get their pretty white elf dream at last, half-elf has strong high elf themes, as they're their children, so alliance get a just as good.

Looks: I'm copying this from another post, but the half elf would be slimmer than human but bulkier than an elf. An important feature would be ear customization - that would range from full elven length of ears and eyebrows to human length and everything in between so you can get your half elf, look full elven or human-like. It's own unique silhouette ensures that it doesn't interfere with human or blood elf - but offers an alternative.

It also only works with a host of other sub-races, especially since it would be one of the only ones available to both factions. And that's why both factions works in this case, because it would be effectively 1 in 12 or 1 in 24.
    its cool man we all go there sometimes, i know i have.

I dunno, i can accept the server stability thing, horde were once greatly outnumbered due to shallow players only wanting to play pretty characters and horde generally being monsterous and .. well ugly, also its pretty hard to convince your missus to play horde when there are so many 'pretty' alliance races, if it werent for blood elves then the horde wouldnt have any female players (hyperbole, dont lynch me for that one).

Actually, thats not correct!

looking at wow census and realm pop it seems that there is fairly little difference between night elf and blood elf populations, elves are popular (because they are practically the writers narcissistic idealization of themselves) no matter what kind. i honestly dont think that adding high elves to alliance would skew things too dramatically if they gave nightborne in return.

I honestly just want to bleed out the elves from the horde, its practically Warcraft: humans and blood elves. The horde is 1/3rd elf, its at least double the next highest race, which is just sad... Im horde myself, i have no issues splitting the elf population between both factions, i actually really like blood elves too, kaels story was one of my favorites when playing warcraft III, so im not just an elf hater or anything, but i do think alot of elf players are closet alliance and would really prefer to be on the fairer faction, and i think its in everyones best interest to let those players out of the closet and embrace their favored faction with pride instead of remaining self hating horde players.

its cool man we all go there sometimes, i know i have.

I dunno, i can accept the server stability thing, horde were once greatly outnumbered due to shallow players only wanting to play pretty characters and horde generally being monsterous and .. well ugly, also its pretty hard to convince your missus to play horde when there are so many 'pretty' alliance races, if it werent for blood elves then the horde wouldnt have any female players (hyperbole, dont lynch me for that one).

Actually, thatit's not correct!

looking at wow census and realm pop it seems that there is fairly little difference between night elf and blood elf populations, elves are popular (because they are practically the writers narcissistic idealization of themselves) no matter what kind. i honestly dont think that adding high elves to alliance would skew things too dramatically if they gave nightborne in return.

I honestly just want to bleed out the elves from the horde, its practically Warcraft: humans and blood elves. The horde is 1/3rd elf, its at least double the next highest race, which is just sad... Im horde myself, i have no issues splitting the elf population between both factions, i actually really like blood elves too, kaels story was one of my favorites when playing warcraft III, so im not just an elf hater or anything, but i do think alot of elf players are closet alliance and would really prefer to be on the fairer faction, and i think its in everyones best interest to let those players out of the closet and embrace their favored faction with pride instead of remaining self hating horde players.
    You and me both, it just upsets a lot of people, I understand being jealous over the blood elves, but would that matter what faction they were in if you genuinely loved the race? Maybe it's the new story drive, making them on the alliance might ruin them for some people - i.e. classic high elf fantasy trope. Many feel they've already ruined the horde, frankly I don't think blizzard will make their decision on how we feel, because really you have a lot of request from people for playable alliance high elves, and those that are strongly against it, they can get a good idea of more accurate numbers and genuine requests on their boards or tweets.

Or who knows, I give up really, we already have blood elves so not to fussed whether high elves become playable or not, but because how hugely popular they are, and what you want to achieve - like faction uniqueness, faction balance, it's not just as straightforward as okay, we'll open them up to the alliance.