Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    Why do people do this for sports?
    Because every guy wants to prove they're the alpha male with the biggest swinging dick in the room. Plus, women love sucking on cauliflower ear.

Do they enjoy causing eachother pain or possibly death?
    99% of the people doing MMA never compete and the few that do almost never have matches that turn out like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    That was a brutal knee, he's lucky to be alive.

I don't know what kind of permanent injury he's going to have from that, but ... I'd probably quit fighting after that.
    He could always take on a career as Shrek's stunt double.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seen this happen on TV, god damn. I think after this they should start wearing knee pads at least to prevent something like this or worse from happening again.

Also I hated how cocky the other guy was. For the short time I was watching this I was rooting for this guy to win. The other guy just seemed so full of himself having his arms down during the fight like he was saying "cmon, hit me" like some cocky douchebag. Then to celebrate by rolling a pokeball towards him and smile like idiot. Hope this guy gets a rematch with him and beats his ass.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Some people like to cause suffering to others.
    Better they do it in a ring than out in the street.
    Yeah, I don't think these guys enjoy hurting eachother. No way he was glad the guy got hurt so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    There is actual sanctioned bar room type fighting, or cage fighting as you said earlier? Who is responsible for this sanctioning, and to what authority and commison (state or otherwise)?

I never knew there was such a thing. I would like to learn more.
    It was sanctioned by the NC Athletic commission. I say bar room because the fights are held at a bar, who's name escapes me, in Jacksonville NC. I'm sure there were more places. All mma gym named combat club organized the wholes thing. I don't know if it still goes on, this was 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    I seen this happen on TV, god damn. I think after this they should start wearing knee pads at least to prevent something like this or worse from happening again.

Also I hated how cocky the other guy was. For the short time I was watching this I was rooting for this guy to win. The other guy just seemed so full of himself having his arms down during the fight like he was saying "cmon, hit me" like some cocky douchebag. Then to celebrate by rolling a pokeball towards him and smile like idiot. Hope this guy gets a rematch with him and beats his ass.
    You are allowed to wear knee pads. Some wrestlers will wear a pad on the dominant knee they shoot with. However, enforcing wearing pads on the knees would be kind of silly, and dramatically lessen the impact of knees. The knee alone didn't damage the guy's head. The fact that he was lunging forward and downwards made a huge difference.

Arms down isn't just about showing off. It's a trade-off. Your arms aren't readily available to parry or cover, but they're more difficult to track when you throw strikes. I also don't see how the celebrations are any worse than touchdown or sack dances, or soccer players screaming for a half hour every time they score a goal (honestly, how does it not happen more often? It's like kicking a ball into a garage).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    You are allowed to wear knee pads. Some wrestlers will wear a pad on the dominant knee they shoot with. However, enforcing wearing pads on the knees would be kind of silly, and dramatically lessen the impact of knees. The knee alone didn't damage the guy's head. The fact that he was lunging forward and downwards made a huge difference.

Arms down isn't just about showing off. It's a trade-off. Your arms aren't readily available to parry or cover, but they're more difficult to track when you throw strikes. I also don't see how the celebrations are any worse than touchdown or sack dances, or soccer players screaming for a half hour every time they score a goal (honestly, how does it not happen more often? It's like kicking a ball into a garage).
    Well over here there usually is a goalkeeper in between the posts

Well, the "sport" is pretty much based on blunt force trauma, fun fact, blunt force trauma can kill you. So what else is new?

Blocked video.

In the big picture, we have two things going on here:

a) two adult, willing combatants.

b) a shit ton of fans who are willing to pay to see said events.

While I'm in full agreement that fighters should cooperate with each other to put additional safety measures in place, saying that the activity should be banned is a bit much.

Why do people do this for sports? Do they enjoy causing eachother pain or possibly death? Go play baseball or football or soccer if you want to compete in sports, not a sport where you beat the other to almost death
    This so fucking many times. Boxing is my limit.

Such sports are vile, and this comes from someone who likes X-games to athletics.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO