Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    No, the passport just proves you are a citizen. It doesn't make you one of the people. America and other places founded on immigration are the only places that have a path to becoming part of the people because there were no nation inhabiting the lands or they were pushed away. Denmark is a nation state, you don't become part of the nation(The people) just because you move here, arabs have no common descent with us.
    A passport will make you danish. A foreign born danish, but danish nonetheless, and his kids will be danish. And he and his kids will be part of the nation. This is how it works.

I remember a documentary about the same thing in France. How a radicalized man who planned a trip to Irak said he felt "tricked" and saw better now.

10 years later that same man enter Charlie Hebdo with his AK47 and kill 12 people. I want to believe, but I wont.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    A passport will make you danish. A foreign born danish, but danish nonetheless, and his kids will be danish. And he and his kids will be part of the nation. This is how it works.
    No, that is not how it works. It makes you a citizen but not part of the nation.

"nations are defined by a shared heritage, which usually includes a common language, a common faith, and a common ethnic ancestry"

They don't have a common ethnic ancestry with us.

Deleted
    There is no common descent with arabs and danes, no. You can tell them apart very easily from danes.
    Aint this just the answer you were looking for sarahtasher?

There is no common descent with arabs and danes, no. You can tell them apart very easily from danes.
    Compared to a horse and a donkey, the difference are microscopic and trivial. As i said, the fact you use ''nordic'' instead of ''Scandinavian'' and inserted a jab toward Slavs is really a dead giveaway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    I remember a documentary about the same thing in France. How a radicalized man who planned a trip to Irak said he felt "tricked" and saw better now.

10 years later that same man enter Charlie Hebdo with his AK47 and kill 12 people. I want to believe, but I wont.
    Locking them in Gitmo seems to work so much better, isn't it. (Or, let me guess : kill them to save money for taxpayers...people of bad faith could wonder how much money is saved considered the cost of the war in Irak, but hey...)

Deleted
    No, that is not how it works.

"nations are defined by a shared heritage, which usually includes a common language, a common faith, and a common ethnic ancestry"

They don't have a common ethnic ancestry with us.
    Care.
    Anyone who has a danish passport is a danish citizen and as such part of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Compared to a horse and a donkey, the difference are microscopic and trivial. As i said, the fact you use ''nordic'' instead of ''Scandinavian'' and inserted a jab toward Slavs is really a dead giveaway.
    They are not part of the danish nation no matter how much you insist, they can't be. They do not have common descent with the danish nation.

- - - Updated - - -

Care.
    Anyone who has a danish passport is a danish citizen and as such part of the state.
    Sure, I never said anything else. I am however talking about the danish nation. They don't become part of that, no matter how much they try, because they have no common descent with us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post

Let's compare results and then we can talk. Cause so far the "war on terror" we've been fighting has been a mastodontical failure.

They are not part of the danish nation no matter how much you insist, they can't be. They do not have common descent with the danish nation.
    So using Harry Potter terms, Danes of Arabic lineage are mudbloods or half-bloods and you only want to accept purebloods?

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, I never said anything else. I am however talking about the danish nation. They don't become part of that, no matter how much they try, because they have no common descent with us.
    The danish nation is composed by its citizens. If mr X holds a danish passport he is a danish citizen.
    End of story.
    You're talking about cultural heritage. That's cool.

- - - Updated - - -

And as I said and I repeat, ''common descent'' does not mean that.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    So using Harry Potter terms, Danes of Arabic lineage are mudbloods or half-bloods and you only want to accept purebloods?
    If an arab marries a dane and they have a kid, then the kid has common descent with the danish nation because of the dane.

- - - Updated - - -

The danish nation is composed by its citizens. If mr X holds a danish passport he is a danish citizen.
    End of story.
    You're talking about cultural heritage. That's cool.
    "A nation (from Latin: natio, "people, tribe, kin, genus, class, flock") is a large group or collective of people with common characteristics attributed to them - including language, traditions, mores (customs), habitus (habits), and ethnicity."

" "nations are defined by a shared heritage, which usually includes a common language, a common faith, and a common ethnic ancestry""

Being a citizen is not the same as being part of the danish nation. Keep up.

Deleted
    If an arab marries a dane and they have a kid, then the kid has common descent with the danish nation because of the dane.

- - - Updated - - -

"A nation (from Latin: natio, "people, tribe, kin, genus, class, flock") is a large group or collective of people with common characteristics attributed to them - including language, traditions, mores (customs), habitus (habits), and ethnicity."

" "nations are defined by a shared heritage, which usually includes a common language, a common faith, and a common ethnic ancestry""

Being a citizen is not the same as being part of the danish nation. Keep up.
    You are talking about the cultural and ethnic group you call "the danes". The Danish nation goes beyond that today, obviously.

You are talking about the cultural and ethnic group you call "the danes". The Danish nation goes beyond that today, obviously.
    No, nation is more than that.

"A nation (from Latin: natio, "people, tribe, kin, genus, class, flock") is a large group or collective of people with common characteristics attributed to them - including language, traditions, mores (customs), habitus (habits), and ethnicity. A nation, by comparison, is more impersonal, abstract, and overtly political than an ethnic group. It is a cultural-political community that has become conscious of its autonomy, unity, and particular interests."

Deleted
    No, nation is more than that.

"A nation (from Latin: natio, "people, tribe, kin, genus, class, flock") is a large group or collective of people with common characteristics attributed to them - including language, traditions, mores (customs), habitus (habits), and ethnicity. A nation, by comparison, is more impersonal, abstract, and overtly political than an ethnic group. It is a cultural-political community that has become conscious of its autonomy, unity, and particular interests."
    You know that "political" word in there? That means "if you have a passport".

You know that "political" word in there? That means "if you have a passport".
    No, it doesn't. Common descent is required to be part of the nation.

Deleted
    No, it doesn't.
    So what you're saying is that someone holding a danish passport is not a danish citizen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    What the hell is the Danish nation?
    The Great Kingdom of Denmark I'd presume...

So what you're saying is that someone holding a danish passport is not a danish citizen.
    Nope, learn what nation means. It's related to nationalism, in case you haven't caught on yet.

Deleted
    No, it doesn't. Common descent is required to be part of the nation.
    Maybe in the stone age. Now, thanks to the evolution of our society, someone holding a passport of X country is considered a citizen of X for a variety of reason. Birth, or because of his support to X nation throughout the years, which is by the way how foreigners get passports for X usually.

Maybe in the stone age. Now, thanks to the evolution of our society, someone holding a passport of X country is considered a citizen of X for a variety of reason. Birth, or because of his support to X nation throughout the years, which is by the way how foreigners get passports for X usually.
    I never said they're not a citizen. Keep up.