Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    nox and the wrath are the only two with unique dialogue for doing it solo. it's pretty clear the only canon solo there is either of those two.
    IA is the only class with unique dialogue when recruiting Kaliyo during KOTFE so clearly only the IA recruits Kaliyo
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Now you'll have all the non-force users complaining about how they play "second fiddle" to force users, so you've got a solid chunk of your community pissed off. Not to mention you're back into the problem where they need to create multiple simultaneous storylines, something that they do not seem remotely interested in. So we'll get the hackneyed attempts to make a force-centric storyline that doesn't even make sense for force users half the time fit in with non-force users because they're "force sensitive" or some BS.
    if it were up to me, they'd be left to complain.

they choose to play the literally biologically inferior classes, they need to accept their decision or leave.

they know going in that no normal non-force user should ever stand a chance against jedi and sith unless they have overwhelming numbers, it's always been that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    IA is the only class with unique dialogue when recruiting Kaliyo during KOTFE so clearly only the IA recruits Kaliyo
    nox and wrath had that unique dialogue from the start of the game, before the instance was intended to be soloed.

nox and wrath had that unique dialogue from the start of the game, before the instance was intended to be soloed.
    and? at the time of kotfe's release, Malgus was available in solo mode for every class. you could've made this argument prior to that point but that's not the case now

and that assumes that the argument actually has merit which is reaching, tons of stuff has a unique dialogue for certain classes, that doesn't mean that classes without unique dialogue didn't do it.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    and? at the time of kotfe's release, Malgus was available in solo mode for every class. you could've made this argument prior to that point but that's not the case now

and that assumes that the argument actually has merit which is reaching, tons of stuff has a unique dialogue for certain classes, that doesn't mean that classes without unique dialogue didn't do it.
    there's going to be a canon way that some things go, that's just the way a story works. wrath probably killed malgus, because that's her/his job, to kill people that get to big for their britches.

the agent or bounty hunter probably killed that dickweed on corellia that was hogging all the hypermatter stuff.

and i could see the agent being the canon imperial for the makeb mission, if she/he stayed loyal to the empire.

Now you'll have all the non-force users complaining about how they play "second fiddle" to force users, so you've got a solid chunk of your community pissed off. Not to mention you're back into the problem where they need to create multiple simultaneous storylines, something that they do not seem remotely interested in. So we'll get the hackneyed attempts to make a force-centric storyline that doesn't even make sense for force users half the time fit in with non-force users because they're "force sensitive" or some BS.
    The main thing that irked me wasn't so much "hey, my non-force wielder is cut into a force-user world", it was my telekinetic jedi consular needing a sith/ Lana to show me how to rip open doors...
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    The main thing that irked me wasn't so much "hey, my non-force wielder is cut into a force-user world", it was my telekinetic jedi consular needing a sith/ Lana to show me how to rip open doors...
    lana doesn't rip the door open, she just barely holds it since we're suffering from carbonite sickness still.

after the end of the first 9 chapters, we're plenty strong enough to entirely rip the doors away like vaylin did. if you let yourself get captured in the star fortresses, you rip the door to pieces to get out.

Oh, I remember that bit. See, what bothered me about it most was the power disparity between how powerful Lana should be and how powerful she is ripping that door open...followed by what's her bought daughter lady being ludicrously more powerful right afterwards. And then losing to her mom, whom isn't even our equal, though we're still supposed to be super scared of the daughter because...I don't know, raisins. Needing Lana to do it for us makes a lick of sense as we're still weakened from 5 years of being frozen in carbonite, even if we're fighting baddies on the way out.

Or during SoR when, as one of the most powerful jedi around, I need a god damn rocket launcher to open a door.

Again, this has been one of my main gripes with SWTOR's writing from day one. Force users powers are wildly inconsistent and are determined by the current need of the story/situation more than anything else. Couple that with the DBZ-esque approach they're taking to making more powerful baddies and you've got a recipe for all kinds of mind numbing stupidity regarding the storytelling.

Oh, I remember that bit. See, what bothered me about it most was the power disparity between how powerful Lana should be and how powerful she is ripping that door open...followed by what's her bought daughter lady being ludicrously more powerful right afterwards. And then losing to her mom, whom isn't even our equal, though we're still supposed to be super scared of the daughter because...I don't know, raisins. Needing Lana to do it for us makes a lick of sense as we're still weakened from 5 years of being frozen in carbonite, even if we're fighting baddies on the way out.

Or during SoR when, as one of the most powerful jedi around, I need a god damn rocket launcher to open a door.

Again, this has been one of my main gripes with SWTOR's writing from day one. Force users powers are wildly inconsistent and are determined by the current need of the story/situation more than anything else. Couple that with the DBZ-esque approach they're taking to making more powerful baddies and you've got a recipe for all kinds of mind numbing stupidity regarding the storytelling.
    the way i saw those scenes, we had been dying from carbonite sickness and only just started recovering which is why we run from vaylin at first. then, senya pulls us away from vaylin, because she knows how much strong we are than her and that we will kill vaylin if we fight and she doesn't want vaylin to die. we never run from vaylin because of her strength after the first time, only due to circumstance. like with gault, we were going to finish her ass right there, but gault pointed out we're going to both tear the place apart and be surrounded by eternal empire forces. so we had to retreat again.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2016-10-03 at 05:50 PM.

the way i saw those scenes, we were dying from carbonite sickness which is why we run from vaylin at first. then, senya pulls us away from vaylin, because she knows how much strong we are than her and that we will kill vaylin if we fight and she doesn't want vaylin to die.
    That's filling in a lot of specifics from your end, especially since at that point I don't think that Senya really has much of a way to gauge your power. I don't think anyone is even aware of the emperor cohabitating in your brain by then, or at least not Senya (maybe Theron/Lana?)

Either way, she's pretty clear that her children have to be stopped, even if that means she has to kill them. Not to mention that IIRC at that time weren't you otherwise engaged in another activity?

we never run from vaylin because of her strength after the first time, only due to circumstance.
    This is true, but that's because we never really have a chance to face her. However, the story continues to hint that her strength actually exceeds that of even Arcann.

like with gault, we were going to finish her ass right there, but gault pointed out we're going to both tear the place apart and be surrounded by eternal empire forces. so we had to retreat again.
    Which bit is that from? I've not played chapter 15 yet, and IIRC the two of you (Vaylin and you) end up missing each other entirely during the ship heist.

I've not played chapter 15 yet, and IIRC the two of you (Vaylin and you) end up missing each other entirely during the ship heist.
    I won't spoil the details, but with the finale fight there was another thing that irked me. Not that it's the only time it happens, just that it's blaringly obvious. You have this battle, which is a specific set up fight, then it jumps to a cutscene that picks up at a totally different (and totally specific!) setup for the cutscene.

Not sure why they can't just sync things, do they honestly not know from one team to the next how they're each going to choreograph the same event?

I won't spoil the details, but with the finale fight there was another thing that irked me. Not that it's the only time it happens, just that it's blaringly obvious. You have this battle, which is a specific set up fight, then it jumps to a cutscene that picks up at a totally different (and totally specific!) setup for the cutscene.

Not sure why they can't just sync things, do they honestly not know from one team to the next how they're each going to choreograph the same event?
    Given how hard of a time they have trying to effectively communicate externally, I wouldn't be surprised if their internal communications were a bloody disaster as well.

Looking forward to being annoyed by this, though : D

That's filling in a lot of specifics from your end, especially since at that point I don't think that Senya really has much of a way to gauge your power. I don't think anyone is even aware of the emperor cohabitating in your brain by then, or at least not Senya (maybe Theron/Lana?)

Either way, she's pretty clear that her children have to be stopped, even if that means she has to kill them. Not to mention that IIRC at that time weren't you otherwise engaged in another activity?

This is true, but that's because we never really have a chance to face her. However, the story continues to hint that her strength actually exceeds that of even Arcann.

Which bit is that from? I've not played chapter 15 yet, and IIRC the two of you (Vaylin and you) end up missing each other entirely during the ship heist.
    the attack on asylum happens after valkorion is revealed to the whole gang, senya included. senya has always said that her kids have to be stopped no matter what. but if you take any option related to sparing arcann while talking with heskal, she approves. she has been lying this whole time, she doesn't want either of them dead and will likely fight us to stop that.

her strength doesn't exceed arcann, just her potential.

and the bit with gault is after you pull off the heist and start to make the get away. you get to the elevator and it's already being used, vaylin and her forces are coming up.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2016-10-03 at 06:43 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I Just want my Sith warr/ sorc to take Vitiates power, take what I want from the eternal empire, and Go back to lording over the Sith empire. Maybe a new area to explore in Korriban? I mean I don't hate all this eternal throne stuff, but the Sith story is why I played in the first place, and Id like to be referred to as the Wrath again instead of "outlander"
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Given how hard of a time they have trying to effectively communicate externally, I wouldn't be surprised if their internal communications were a bloody disaster as well.

Looking forward to being annoyed by this, though : D
    It doesn't ruin it or anything, but it's a bit jarring. It happens often enough in most games anyway.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/...ema_zealot.jpg

just wonder if anyone had seen this yet? nathema zealot. nathema is the birthplace of vitiate. are we going to go there? god, i hope so.

but, beyond that, look at the belt. is it just bioware reusing assets or what's up here? cause that snake is supposed to be zakuulan, right? or, it is related to the celestials? i had read of serpentine imagery in things related to the celestials. maybe that's where zakuulan religion comes from, or maybe it is vitiate's symbolism and he shaped their idea of zildrog being serpentine.

two new teaser trailers are out

at 2:14 in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyXhFLHXDqY

and there's this one

in that first one, senya's fighting nathema zealots. i want to know how the fuck she knew to go to nathema? why would she? i don't even understand.

so nathema must be where vaylin was taken to have her power subdued? he obviously did more than subdue her strength though.

if we go there, i really hope we can tell koth that vitiate devoured that world just like he did ziost.

Have to hand it to them. Thats another VERY GOOD, top notch trailer they put together.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, i woul like to have a tv serie by now.