Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    WoW is pretty much CPU Only, the only things you need GPU for is Resolution and AA. And since the Engine sucks ball you want a CPU with very high Core0-Clock (~4.5GHz).

So with that Resolution you definitely want to upgrade your GPU.
    This statement is less and less correct with every expansion. At this point, WoW is pretty far from "CPU Only". A CPU with high IPC (not necessarily core speed) is still pretty necessary in situations like raids due to a high number of calculations being done in a short period of time, but more and more functions are being offloaded to the GPU.

Deleted
    Wow. I cleaned the turbine of the GPU cooler (Didn't seem that bad..)

And i took off a sealing plate from the top of the case, and swapped it over with my side panel fan. So now i have one fan blowing out of the top and the side panel is sealed. Didnt ever think this was possible, but im down from 98*C to 72*C on 92% GPU usage.

Fps remains the same, but no more spikes due to possible throttling!!

http://imgur.com/a/07kjV <---- Okay maybe it was pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Reguilea View Post

And i took off a sealing plate from the top of the case, and swapped it over with my side panel fan. So now i have one fan blowing out of the top and the side panel is sealed. Didnt ever think this was possible, but im down from 98*C to 72*C on 92% GPU usage.

Like i said earlier in this thread, make sure you have an open top panel or at least one fan blowing upwards. Cases like you have (define r4/r5 and nzxt h440) are notorious for running hot because they are silence optimized cases with basically insulation to keep fan noise down.....but at same time it basically bakes hardware inside.

Another lesson learned in this thread....dont buy a reference cooled GPU!

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    For some people.
    For others it is detrimental.

It doesn't simply "scale with SLI very, very well."

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/19644934297#2

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

The game takes no advantage of SLI or Crossfire configurations. It will tolerate them but occasionally we'll ask to have them disabled if an issue arises that we feel might be related to them, but's that's usually driver-related, and not always something the game is doing.
    It is not specifically trying to utilise it, so your mileage may vary a lot.
    I see other people saying that it actually makes things worse.

So until there is official support which has consistent results behind it, someone should not be aiming for a multiple GPU setup for WoW.
    Do so for other games if you are in that position, and consider it a bonus if it works.

Dang, that sucks, I was planning to add another card to my setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Reguilea View Post

You also might want to replace the thermal paste between gpu and cooler.
    Did this last week in my card and peak temperatures were about 3°C lower just because of that.