Page 87 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dmon83 View Post
    Cool assumptions.

Who said anything about wanting to be carried?? I specifically mentioned playing the class well and doing it to the best of your ability. I understand reading comprehension can be tough though.
    Well if you raid progression you DO care about numbers. Being able to do mechanics AND pull top tier numbers are what top end guilds look for. If you dont then you are casual and only tour mythic raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    I keep falling into old habits and throwing out 3 shard HoGs because i'm not used to the nerfed shoulders yet.
    Haha, me too >.<

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paunche View Post
    well of course your having issue with being called out as a carry, but that is the picture you have painted yourself in.
    if your doing mythic raid content then your numbers while doing mechanics should be YOUR NUMBER 1 CONCERN

-drops mic-
    Which is why it was suggested to reroll to a different class/spec if all you care about is top numbers and ranking. Demo currently will never be the top ranking. There is a lot in between being carried and being top ranked dps in the group. Before you go dropping mics you should actually understand what is being put forth in the discussion. Because you actually dropped your mic before saying anything into.

You can still be a contribution to your raid/guild/group by playing the spec to its fullest. That doesn't mean you are being carried in the slightest. They never said numbers shouldn't be a concern.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Which is why it was suggested to reroll to a different class/spec if all you care about is top numbers and ranking. Demo currently will never be the top ranking. There is a lot in between being carried and being top ranked dps in the group. Before you go dropping mics you should actually understand what is being put forth in the discussion. Because you actually dropped your mic before saying anything into.

You can still be a contribution to your raid/guild/group by playing the spec to its fullest. That doesn't mean you are being carried in the slightest. They never said numbers shouldn't be a concern.
    i agree with alot of the things you said but demo never being a top tier dps? i think demo has the biggest hurdle to overcome to get that haste up to a respectable level to get them demons out but it definitely can be top 3.

About 3 shards hogs, with the meme build would you recommend trying to get those 4 shards hogs while risking to waste shard or getting a 3 shard hog cause you were hoping for a shard proc?
    I know it gets down to probability of a proc but I'd like to hear more opinions about it

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, any one test if Sharpened Fangs better than IF with new tier set?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paunche View Post
    i agree with alot of the things you said but demo never being a top tier dps? i think demo has the biggest hurdle to overcome to get that haste up to a respectable level to get them demons out but it definitely can be top 3.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/13

Demo currently will never be on up there with out changes to the specialization. Even with better stats/gear I don't think it will advance by much over the scaling of other classes as it stands right now. That is all that is being said. Demo is currently not a spec that you would play if you care about ranking. There is nothing wrong with that though.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/13

Demo currently will never be on up there with out changes to the specialization. Even with better stats/gear I don't think it will advance by much over the scaling of other classes as it stands right now. That is all that is being said. Demo is currently not a spec that you would play if you care about ranking. There is nothing wrong with that though.
    Mind linking your armory? I'd like to see what kinda raiding you do.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    It doesn't matter.

So i can wear 2p T20, should i also wear 4p T19 until 4p T20 is avaible? This leaves only Kazzak-belt and demo-ring as leggos.
    Or should i go 2p+2p with RR and Wakener?

Also, are there fix values how much %-Dmg the new set bonuses give?

Seeing the logs, demon is absolute trash without the tier. Lets see when people get the 4p, if anyone is playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Radde View Post
    So i can wear 2p T20, should i also wear 4p T19 until 4p T20 is avaible? This leaves only Kazzak-belt and demo-ring as leggos.
    Or should i go 2p+2p with RR and Wakener?

Also, are there fix values how much %-Dmg the new set bonuses give?
    I have a feeling it may be better to wear 2p T20 and 4p T19 with Kazzak and Wilfred. Those leggos are close to the top anyway (Wilfreds is just under RR if memory serves). I would recommend simming it to be sure though.

Guys it's ok, apparently demo is top single target damage for locks, Blizz said so, so it must be true.

Armory^

Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    Guys it's ok, apparently demo is top single target damage for locks, Blizz said so, so it must be true.
    No they said that what they want it to be. If it isn't the case, they will tune accordingly. It would be better not to play dumb

Homophobia is so gay.

So, has anyone had any luck using Demonology in dungeons? Especially in high level ones we might not be bad at all.

For trash using Kazzak and the new ring looks great. On three target dummies I sustained 1.6 million DPS without issue.

Obviously if trash is dying fast it's not worth it.

Has anyone tried so far? For bosses we should just swap to more ST gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    No they said that what they want it to be. If it isn't the case, they will tune accordingly. It would be better not to play dumb
    Yep. People seem to be confusing them stating that's what the niche is with them stating that's what the reality is.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Nothing this expansion except for LFR. LFR and a few pugs in WoD. Mists was heroic until Throne. Cata was heroic 10 and 25 from firelands on. Wotlk and BC was 25 man (with some hard modes). Far from great but competent. Just don't have the time and my servers pop doesn't lead to many guilds doing raiding. And I refuse to pay for a server transfer even though I likely would have had more fun and more raiding if I did.

I feel though that none of that should change me being able to contribute on aspects of the class. Certain numbers and specific applications I won't have much knowledge of. But I've always been able to play other classes well just from understanding their mechanics from raiding with people who play those classes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    This may not have materialized yet, but that's probably more due to current tuning than anything.
    What they said is true. If tuned right Demonology would be a great single target DPS spec. I think the problem is always as it has been for warlocks though. Historically it seems like it has always been hard to balance the DPS of warlock specs. And they are either overpowered, under powered, or relying on certain tier, trinket, or other combinations to shine. That can be found for pretty much any class but I can easily see current Demonology easily being tuned to high and Blizzard has always held buffs are better then having to nerf a class so they usually take small steps.

Mmh i got hands + shoulders of T20. But i have recurrent on the shoulders slot.

my other leggo are weakener (currently equipped) - sin dorei - sephuz - prydaz - legs - KJBW - boots.

Should I keep my shoulders or get 2p ?

Homophobia is so gay.

I find the synergie of 2pT20 and RR really good, also its kind of annoying without the free shard with RR, you cast A LOT more dogs with the set.