Page 23 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashkill View Post
    Is there any comparison of DPS by race? I'm just curious how much more DPS would an Orc dish out compared to BE in, let's say, full EN mythic gear?
    check the guide?..right under trinket comparison

Is there any comparison of DPS by race? I'm just curious how much more DPS would an Orc dish out compared to BE in, let's say, full EN mythic gear?
    It's in the guide..... The index even has a tab called "Picking a Race" which links to this image:

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I know it's there with the pre-raid gear, I'm interested in how does it scale with gear

Fairly linearly as far as I'm aware.

Hearthfelt advice if you have 20$.... go goblin. I will hands down say that 90% of the reason i havn't fucked up my trial in my guild by either doing tank lvls of dps or dyeing is Rocket Jump. I cannot praise it enough. I have it bound where Burning Rush used to be....

Deleted
    Hi there fellow netherlords. I've been wondering, if i'm the only one experiencing this issue. Yesterday, on nythendra mythic, i experienced a wierd bug. Every now and than (not every time), on boss pull, i was staring with 3 shards, opened the rotation with demonbolt + shadowflame and for a brief moment, i had 5 shards, but after that my shards just jumped back to 3, without me casting any spells or doing anything to spend them. Which obviously screwed up my opening.

Anyone experienced this bug?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treen View Post
    Hi there fellow netherlords. I've been wondering, if i'm the only one experiencing this issue. Yesterday, on nythendra mythic, i experienced a wierd bug. Every now and than (not every time), on boss pull, i was staring with 3 shards, opened the rotation with demonbolt + shadowflame and for a brief moment, i had 5 shards, but after that my shards just jumped back to 3, without me casting any spells or doing anything to spend them. Which obviously screwed up my opening.

There was a thing that when you entered combat with a boss the game forced you to start with 1 shard (when we started with one), by dumping down your shards. I think that was so people dont abuse stuff and bank shards to do openers that blizzard wasnt intending. Anyway i havent noticed if this still exists now with 3 shards but by the sounding of it, seems like smthing bugs out and the game game "understands" that you have these 2 shards (demonbolt + sf) before the combat starts and dumps them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackharvest View Post
    There was a thing that when you entered combat with a boss the game forced you to start with 1 shard (when we started with one), by dumping down your shards. I think that was so people dont abuse stuff and bank shards to do openers that blizzard wasnt intending. Anyway i havent noticed if this still exists now with 3 shards but by the sounding of it, seems like smthing bugs out and the game game "understands" that you have these 2 shards (demonbolt + sf) before the combat starts and dumps them.

That sounds, like it might be it, since demonbold + shadowflame is a precast so it is possible to get those shards before entering combat. I'm gonna open a ticket than, i guess..

Deleted
    That sounds, like it might be it, since demonbold + shadowflame is a precast so it is possible to get those shards before entering combat. I'm gonna open a ticket than, i guess..
    Ye report it, but if this is a thing i wouldnt expect them to fix it soon. The time frame that defines the dump to happen or not to happen, in a precast sequence, should be very very small. thats probably why you dont get all the time. The times you get it should mean that you start your precast just a little bit sooner. So keep that in mind and start it just a little bit later till you find that sweetspot and get used to it. Hopefully this will get adressed.

Yeah I know it's there with the pre-raid gear, I'm interested in how does it scale with gear
    Considering raid gear and pre-raid gear are basically the same....it won't be much different, just the DPS number will be higher.

Deleted
    Hello guys.

What are the best relicts for Demo in terms of spell trait? Let's say I have different choices of relicts that are all the same item level, but I am not sure what to pick.

PS: For pure single target only !

I don't suspect it is a bug, it was introduced when they changed us to start with 3 shards. Any shards you generate before you enter combat will be removed. Just make sure your Precast DB ends after combat has started and you're ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    What are the best relicts for Demo in terms of spell trait? Let's say I have different choices of relicts that are all the same item level, but I am not sure what to pick.
    That's included in the Guide on page 1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Stupid me !

I did Control + F and looked for "relicts" instead of "relics"

my bad. apologies !

Deleted
    Awesome guide, Not! Really inspired me to use demo as my primary spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    I don't suspect it is a bug, it was introduced when they changed us to start with 3 shards. Any shards you generate before you enter combat will be removed. Just make sure your Precast DB ends after combat has started and you're ok.

But wouldn't the bolt start combat?

Quote Originally Posted by nisenchris View Post
    But wouldn't the bolt start combat?
    No it doesn't start combat until the boss is pulled IE hit by the bolt or more likely hit by someone else in the raid which I'm pretty sure is what causes this.

Bolt mid air 4 shards boss is pulled resets you to default 3. If bolt hit the boss and caused the pull I'm pretty sure you'd stick to the 4 shards. Just cast 1s later and accept the fact we don't get a precast midair spell anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Question, is there some sort of addon that tracks how many demons you've got up so it's easier to estimate when to use your artifact ability?
    I mean there must be some demo lock specific addons that helps with keeping track of demonic empowerment and etc.
    There are a couple of addons listed in the OP, some WeakAuras etc..

Also updated OP with relic sims (850-895).

Deleted
    @Woz I don't know if you had done testing on this yet, but there seems to be a damage contribution cap on TKC for enslaved demons.
    There are several demons you can enslave in Vault/Court/Arcway/Darkheart(didn't test other instances so far) and they have HP ranging from 7M to 15M and they do produce higher damage consumptions than having your Felguard out, but not to the extent you would expect.

Demons that you can enslave I've found so far(they benefit from Empowerment, Synergy and The Expendables):
    Court of Stars - Felhunters, melee around the same as a Felguard on average, have a 100% Haste selfbuff with ~35% uptime, have an 8s CD leap leaving an 8s pool of shit on the ground that does 150k DPS per target in it, not showing up on logs. These dogs are guaranteed worth it, you can get one almost instantly after first boss and use it throughout the entire Court cleanup and second boss. Endboss would be possible, but annoying since you'd have to re-enslave in the spy party. Succubus has lengthy cooldowns on pretty shitty abilities, so not worth it, Inquisitors and Enforcers are not enslaveable, did not test Imps yet(Channel Demonfire ability could be extremely strong with DE, need to test).
    Vault of the Wardens - Wrathguard/Immoliant Fury, melee/cleave for ~200k and blink around, guaranteed worth it, just dismiss and kill after first boss/Imp Mother. Malignant Defiler(channeled Drain Life/Stun) and the other Felhunter type demon(random target Fireblast on a 3s cast) are not worth enslaving, did not test the others yet.
    Most of the mobs after Dresaron in Darkheart Thicket are enslaveable, the Imps would not cast their explosion and I didn't get to test the other mobs extensively yet, will do on next opportunity though. Would have to find a big ST DPS gain enslavement to be worth it at that point of the instance however, while the Enslavements in Court and Vault are really early and provide value instantly.

Demonic Enslavement also does not put you in combat with the demon nor the pack surrounding it, so feel free to snatch them out of packs you're not planning to kill and dismiss them if you miss 1% mob count in M+
    Banish seems to aggro the surrounding packs, however.

Yes there is a damage 'cap'. It doesn't account for the full HP of the enslaved mob, it never has. It's capped at whatever HP contribution Felguard gives.

Thank you for the guide! Charts for relics and trinkets are really helpful for me Without them I would not know which trinket is useful. You should link to this guide, thread including yours and the other guy weak auras.