Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    It's' a crazy expensive yak for people who didn't play wod, or didn't play it much. 100k is nothing trivial in mop or earlier terms, basically ignoring that 13x+ times inflation.

As for why it makes sense? Because making items disappear and changing how they look do not have to be related. They never were previously and noone had issues with it, they wouldn't in legion either had it never been implemented into the wardrobe.
    But Blizzard wants them to be under the same interface, the WARDROBE interface, and it makes perfect sense. It's not exactly difficult to use a teleport to get back into a city when you do get an upgrade...

It's a non-issue that people will just have to get over. And the Yak is not "crazy expensive", I say this as someone who had 200k at most pre-WoD yet purchased it in MoP.

It's not difficult, but it detracts from gameplay enjoyment during levelling in particular when you have to hearth back every 20 mins due to a new upgrade.

My personal solution will be to not upgrade my helmet/cloak till 110, but you see how that's a flaw in the system.

If you had over 300k in mop you were in the top .5% of wealth, iirc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Yeah sure, saying i want an option i have always had in the game, still working, is exactly the same as hating the game, a true valid comparison here.
    The sky is falling, the sky is falling help help HELP!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    I don't know, nobody knows here, we don't have access to the game's code and I don't think there is a blue explanation.
    See what you are suggesting would be a valid explanation.
    If this is because a game´s code limitation, then i understand it is more important implementing the new system that my own convinience, but then they should explain these things to us, and not let us speculate the feature was removed because "reasons".

And Again, what was the problem of implementing this new system, have those players you mention welcoming the change,and at the same time avoiding having me and other players annoyed, just by keeping the option in the interface?, because for the love of me i can not see how is it not possible and desirable to have EVERYONE happy with this new feature implemented in the game, when it is so easy to have the best of both worlds.
    Because it clutters an already cluttered UI and because it adds _VERY LITTLE_.

Just use your HS and get to the transmog vendor. It's not the end of the ****ing world.

It doesn't even make sense for this setting to be in Interface Options anyway. It's not an Interface - it's a transmog to an invisible item essentially. It always has been. This way it's consolidated and simpler.

It's not difficult, but it detracts from gameplay enjoyment during levelling in particular when you have to hearth back every 20 mins due to a new upgrade.

My personal solution will be to not upgrade my helmet/cloak till 110, but you see how that's a flaw in the system.

If you had over 300k in mop you were in the top .5% of wealth, iirc.
    You don't HAVE to do anything... If you're bothered enough by the armor that you'll CHOOSE to hearth back every 20 mins, it's still your decision.

Could just as easily just accept showing helmet/back/shoulders while leveling...

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    Because it clutters an already cluttered UI and because it adds _VERY LITTLE_.
    It clutters a tab with 2 very clear tickboxes on the menu - a tab which has never had issues of being 'cluttered'.

Like the camera change, there was simply no good reason for this. At least this one is less damaging in the long term.
    @Rorcanna the point of being able to hide those pieces is hiding them if I don't like to show them (I don't like to show helms/cloaks - and in general I find all cloaks look pretty terrible, many helmets aren't great either). Legion's change to the system means something I can do conveniently suddenly becomes inconvenient for.... no real reason. So inconvenient I won't use it.

That's bad design, straight up, indefensible bad design.
    Last edited by Raiju; 2016-07-19 at 12:55 PM.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is for science.

In the end though I don't care.

Frankly I like the thought of having to go back and forth to do various things. I agree going to an NPC is a bit asinine but if it gets me moving around in the world I'm ok with it.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    You don't HAVE to do anything... If you're bothered enough by the armor that you'll CHOOSE to hearth back every 20 mins, it's still your decision.

Could just as easily just accept showing helmet/back/shoulders while leveling...
    Haha. Looking like a mismatched clown the whole time is one of the quirks I look forward to when a new expansion comes and I have to level my main again. It's part of the charm, getting new gear frequently and chucking it on and looking like you're straight out of TBC. Brings back good memories

Once I'm max level and in proper gear, then I worry about transmogs.

- - - Updated - - -

It clutters a tab with 2 very clear tickboxes on the menu - a tab which has never had issues of being 'cluttered'.
    It's practically a cardinal sin of interface design to have two entirely different ways to achieve the exact same thing in two entirely different places.

7+ Year Old Account
    See what you are suggesting would be a valid explanation.
    If this is because a game´s code limitation, then i understand it is more important implementing the new system that my own convinience, but then they should explain these things to us, and not let us speculate the feature was removed because "reasons".
    They don't owe anyone an explanation, it is their choice to do what they want for the average player, the majority of the playerbase. That is just life, everything is made for the average joe and that's how it is! :P Show me a world where everyone is happy, maybe pigs can fly there too

My (newbie) DeviantArt - Beautiful sig by Shyama

That's bad design, straight up, indefensible bad design.
    In your opinion. To others, it makes perfect sense for WARDROBE features to be accessed via the WARDROBE interface via NPC's that have handled transmogging since it first came...

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    It's practically a cardinal sin of interface design to have two entirely different ways to achieve the exact same thing in two entirely different places.
    Depends on access method, actually. And on top of that - there was no requirement to even add this feature to the wardrobe just like it was not on transmog.
    @Rorcanna I never saw you campaigning for this for the years we had transmog beforehand. I wonder why :^)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    It's not the end of the ****ing world.
    We are discussing a change in a feature in a VIDEOGAME, i do not need to be remainded each 5 posts, that is not the end of the world, or as another poster seemed to think necessary to remind me that the world have biggest problems, because i am already FUKIN aware of it.
    If you do not like forum discussions about trivial things, i suggest you join another forums where people are discussing about less trivial things so you do not get so agitated about the futility of the topics at hand.

Deleted
    The moment i have to do this each time i equip a different helm, or individually with all my chars, it is gonna suck.
    I have some bad news for you. But also why would it matter? Noone cares about transmog before 110. After 110 you won't change your helms on a daily basis.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildjade View Post
    They don't owe anyone an explanation, it is their choice to do what they want for the average player, the majority of the playerbase. That is just life, everything is made for the average joe and that's how it is! :P Show me a world where everyone is happy, maybe pigs can fly there too
    So you make a change in your product, of a feature that has been there for a long time, and you think it is ok to not explain it to your customers? maybe pigs are already flying in the world you live.

Depends on access method, actually. And on top of that - there was no requirement to even add this feature to the wardrobe just like it was not on transmog.
    @Rorcanna I never saw you campaigning for this for the years we had transmog beforehand. I wonder why :^)
    Not sure what campaigning for something has to do with anything. I was fine with the previous system, I'm even more fine with the new one as it makes perfect sense with the addition of the wardrobe feature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    I have some bad news for you. But also why would it matter? Noone cares about transmog before 110. After 110 you won't change your helms on a daily basis.
    I do, i want to equip the helms i get while leveling, and still be able to see the head of my char, without having to go to an NPC EACH TIME, one of my chars equips a helm.

Deleted
    maybe pigs are already flying in the world you live.
    Noone's flying. That was changed as well

- - - Updated - - -

I do, i want to equip the helms i get while leveling, and still be able to see the head of my char, without having to go to an NPC EACH TIME, one of my chars equips a helm.
    Me too. But I'm fine with not being able to hide the helms for about 2 days. Being able to save different transmogs for different specs is good enough for me for the small prce of having to play with that ugly horned piece of shit for a few days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Noone's flying. That was changed as well
    ROLF

/10 chars

7+ Year Old Account
    So you make a change in your product, of a feature that has been there for a long time, and you think it is ok to not explain it to your customers? maybe pigs are already flying in the world you live.
    The feature isn't going anywhere, you just need to spend a few seconds interacting with an NPC. They don't owe you an explanation, it's your choice to play their game, if you don't like it then there's an option to leave. It is completely their choice what they do with it, whether they pander to the minority, or cater for the majority like most companies.

A few seconds across your 21 characters won't add up to much. How much time do you spend playing the game that 5 minutes is going to make a difference? It's not like you're going to change helm 5 times a week is it?

My (newbie) DeviantArt - Beautiful sig by Shyama