Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    So you want to create a messy system where the same thing is accessed in two completely different ways.
    It is not the same thing at all, one of them is a global "never show helms", and the other one is used to decide per char and even per set if you want or not a certain helm displayed, how can you say it is the same thing when it is not, and nobody is asking for having two ways of accesing it, i am perfectly ok with the same NPC that lets you select per char/set display, having the global "never display" for me to select.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    The reason for this is anything to slow you down or take more time to do, even smaller things, adds up and extends your time in game. The longer you're wasting time doing those housekeeping type of things, or running around a cliff or windy road, or searching for a hidden NPC, etc., the longer it'll take to complete an objective or finish up content.

It's cheaper for Blizz to put those time-wasters in the game than to pay people to produce better, more fun and interesting content that you might actually want to do.

The result is better profit margins for Blizz/Acti.
    O my god, finally i see how evil is Blizzard, thank you for saving me and for showing me the truth about companies, they only care about money.... such a cruel world out there...

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Fliida View Post
    If you don't have the grand expedition yak by now I'm not sure what you're doing with your time online.
    why the fuck should i spend Gold on something useless like that ????

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    It is not the same thing at all, one of them is a global "never show helms", and the other one is used to decide per char and even per set if you want or not a certain helm displayed, how can you say it is the same thing when it is not, and nobody is asking for having two ways of accesing it, i am perfectly ok with the same NPC that lets you select per char/set display, having the global "never display" for me to select.
    Because transmogrification is applied to the item, and therefore having the old option is actually at odds with the way it worked from the start.
    If anything I think that option may have pre-dated transmog and was not updated to reflect it.

There is no one system which is one-size fits all.

If the transmog were to be applied to the slot rather than the item, then while that supports changing an item it does't support toggling.
    See the problem.

Arguably the toggling system offers an option for everyone to get what they want, but at an inconvenience for some.
    But that inconvenience argument is being used to bash the current system, so I can no longer support that as an acceptable approach.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-07-19 at 02:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by classic username View Post
    why the fuck should i spend Gold on something useless like that ????
    Because it's only 120k and solves this whole problem?

Deleted
    And you had that issue of it spoiling the "look" when replacing any other slot, yet those are deemed oh so special to support that argument.
    If you are willing to replace a glove or foot slot for better stats before you transmog it again, you can do so for your head, shoulder or cloak.
    No i did not; i hardly use the transmog, i am fine with the way nearly everything looks like, i do quite like BC gear, but generally i am ok with all the gear in the game, but i like the helm not displayed because i like my chars heads better.

With the armor type restriction, that is even more stupid.
    I want the old system back.

If you don't have the grand expedition yak by now I'm not sure what you're doing with your time online.
    If I buy the Yak, I'll have 120k less gold to spell on other things! How will I buy the darkmoon trinket for a few different toons, or I don't know, BoEs or whatever?

No i did not; i hardly use the transmog, i am fine with the way nearly everything looks like, i do quite like BC gear, but generally i am ok with all the gear in the game, but i like the helm not displayed because i like my chars heads better.
    By that argument doesn't replacing any visible slot also hurt the look - why should those slots get special treatment.
    That is the problem with that argument, as heads are not exhibiting some special behaviour.
    It has a given look, and replacement of an item changes that.
    Same as any other visible slot.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Because transmogrification is applied to the item, and therefore having the old option is actually at odds with the way it worked from the start.
    As i said, if it is a necessary evil, then i am fine with it.
    But is it much to ask for them to just say so?

As i said, if it is a necessary evil, then i am fine with it.
    But is it much to ask for them to just say so?
    Because if blizzard say it is necessary, players will simply disagree.
    Someone who is hellbent on disagreeing with something will do so no matter the reason given.
    So blizzard are not surprisingly not trying to justify every decision they make.

And the point is I would argue that the system isn't technically necessary, as the old one showed it can be done differently.
    Blizzard just decided to make it more consistent.
    Applying an invisible appearance is equivalent to another visible one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Stop going into threads complaining about complaining about complaints, it could make someone look pathetic. I rose a valid concern for these silly changes, guess you missed it sadly.

Valid complaints? sure you did. other than typing /yawn you had no valid complaints. Im referring to the fact that you seem to "hate" these kinds of threads yet shitpost in everyone. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    Again, it was an API feature that not only could be macro'd, but that was baked into multiple addons for ease of access (most notably Total Roleplay 3 and... Bartender? ElvUI? One of the UI addons).
    I know, I have one of these myself.

Well, R.I.P. addon I wrote to show/hide your helm based on your combat status.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Deleted
    And the point is I would argue that the system isn't technically necessary
    Well then i think it is a bad decision, NOBODY asked for this feature to be removed from the game, and for some people it was quite convenient.
    In SWTOR free to play mode you did not have access to this feature, unless you paid for it, i always thought it was because it was quite demanded.
    Last edited by mmoccf1d2005b5; 2016-07-19 at 03:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is definitely an anti-quality of life change. I pretty much never wanted to see the helm before model updates (and now it's even worse with helms looking 2x-3x bigger than they should be). I preferred to just hide the slot altogether, so I could keep getting new helms and use them when I got them without having to see them. Now I have to wait to leave the raid/dungeon or stop doing the content I am doing and go to a vendor half way across the world and mog it to be hidden (or eventually get fed up and buy that stupid expensive yak that I don't want).

This change simply makes the yak a requirement the way the mammoth had turned out to be, whereas it currently isn't a requirement. For people (like myself) that don't really bother with gold making and only have enough for basic necessities, this is terrible.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Well then i think it is a bad decision, NOBODY asked for this feature to be removed from the game, and for some people it was quite convenient.
    In SWTOR free to play mode you did not have access to this feature, unless you paid for it, i always thought it was because it was quite demanded.
    Actually there was a demand for what I described earlier, macro's to toggle correctly when players changed sets and even that same feature being present in some addons which managed equipment sets.
    So to say that NOBODY wanted that is simply wrong.
    Resorting to the generalising of "everybody" isn't helping your argument.

Inconvenient for sure, but it does have some benefits if you view it from the developer side.

- An extra, much needed goldsink after Wod

- Easier to understand for new players -> everything in regards to appearance means Transmog vendor

- Another incentive to buy the Transmog mount (talk about goldsink)

Because it's only 120k and solves this whole problem?
    no it doesnt. know what solves it ??? adding the god damn disable helm/cloak back to the Interface Options

The simple explaination is that when they revamped the system to alter the appearance of you character (i.e the new transmog system) one of the devs went "hey you know what would be cool? if we let them hide their shoulders too". So they went about implementing that, but they realised "hey we have hide helmet over here in this other menu, isnt it weird that the two hide options aren't together?"

So they have a situation where they have all the fancy new transmog options on the vendor, but the "hide" options hidden away from that system in a menu somewhere. Is it not a bit strange that the two appearance altering mechanics, transmog and hiding, are now separate from one another? Eventually they will have to either move both "types" to the player menu, or both to the vendor, if just for ease of not having to browse two menus at once to get that "look" right. But lets face it, the only reason transmog is still tied to the vendor is so your average joe poorsocks will actually hang around the hub, which isnt neccesarily a bad thing. I mean in all honesty, I cant be the only one who never sets foot in warspear/stormshield other than to use the transmog vendor or org/SW ports.

Besides, as far as i know (im on EU we dont have the patch yet) you can save all hide options/tranmogs to a specific "set" that you like to use. The only time i ever toggle helmet on is if there actually a quite nice helmet to use with whatever mog i happen to be running that day. For example, i decide i want to play fire mage for a while, so i get my cata raid mog on, turn helmet on to use that sweet looking circlet of power, but then a few days later i go back to that transmog vendor for my arcane set, for which I dont use a helmet on, so I put the set on, and turn helmets off. Im still going to the transmog guy to change my set, but under the new system, I can do it all in one click of toggling between arcane and fire sets, hide helmet option included as part of their respective sets. They are removing that obnoxious extra "step" to complete the look through a different menu.

The change only affects the people that randomly toggled their helmet off and on while wearing the same mog/set, for rp Purposes its still there, just unequip your helmet, and for the purposes of whether or not having a helmet on or off makes or breaks your mog, its stil exactly the same.
    Last edited by robgoblin; 2016-07-19 at 04:02 PM.