Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[WeakAura Request] Ignore Pain

Going through several of our previous WeakAura threads and I can't seem to find any that are updated to Ignore Pain.

I am completely ignorant to the WeakAura addon and unsure of how to make one myself... would greatly appreciate if there is one out there.

I have been using the one in this thread and would love a similar look or functionality (bar shows numerical total IP and as damage is taken subtracts from it).

I made this one for my 1st Lua function

The difference is that it calculates the value of the NEXT ignore pain based on talent etc.

I did not test it on PTR, only on the beta and seems accurate. It is just a display text so do what you want with it
    edit : it is my 1st post, cannot put link ,
    wago.io/4yebQAIDZ

Thanks for the auras guys, but Ayashi38, your weakaura doesn't calculate correctly when Last Stand is active, due to the current tier bonus. I know this will be irrelevant come Legion, but for all the warriors tanking in pre patch, keep that in mind.

Thanks. EU patch was only this morning and I am stuck at work. I will tried to fix it and test it tonight. (I did only Beta test )

Quote Originally Posted by Avdalim View Post
    Thanks for the auras guys, but Ayashi38, your weakaura doesn't calculate correctly when Last Stand is active, due to the current tier bonus. I know this will be irrelevant come Legion, but for all the warriors tanking in pre patch, keep that in mind.
    A lot of Prots are not using 4pc, some of us rarely use 2pc. I normally just use the higher ilvl stuff.

I got some code ready to test (I don't have 4 pc) but still at the office

I originally made this aura for me in the main purpose of learning to do some custom function. It is quickly test but I shared it in case someone would find it usefull
    Don't hesitate if you got some remarks/comments.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    My own adaption isn't working properly

So i will have to wait for a weak aura wizard to swing by
    Last edited by Augusta138; 2016-07-20 at 05:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The one that Shadow posted from Marok that seemed to work well last night.

Marok's is also calculating it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bytch View Post
    A lot of Prots are not using 4pc, some of us rarely use 2pc. I normally just use the higher ilvl stuff.
    Why is that? I find the 4 piece still quite strong on prepatch. Great for eating glaive combos and shadow blasts. I understand with haste having such a high premium now that the tier bonus might fall slightly, but for burst survivability (which I value over long-term survivability, as most of the shit that kills you in HFC is burst) I prefer holding on to the tier bonus unless you get some insane titanforged pieces, then its no question.

Deleted
    Hi,
    i have used the function of "Shadow the Edgehog" and edited the divided by 1000 with 900.
    The absorb amount is now the same as in the buff (german ui).
    You just have to edit "Zähne zusammenbeißen" to "Ignore Pain" in the functionbox and trigger.

pastebin . com / mE2TFJgp

Quote Originally Posted by Avdalim View Post
    Why is that? I find the 4 piece still quite strong on prepatch. Great for eating glaive combos and shadow blasts. I understand with haste having such a high premium now that the tier bonus might fall slightly, but for burst survivability (which I value over long-term survivability, as most of the shit that kills you in HFC is burst) I prefer holding on to the tier bonus unless you get some insane titanforged pieces, then its no question.
    Well, in farm mode dont really need it. But if you wanna you can since IP is much stronger than Shield Barrier was, it's a good thing to use 4pc.

For the WA @Marok made, iirc he said it shows the effective absorb. The way Ignore Pain works, if the buff says you ignore 90% of the next, say, 100k damage you take, you don't have a 100k absorb. You have a 90k absorb, because it'll absorb up to 90% of that 100k. That's why the WA tracks different from the buff, it's showing how much you're actually going to absorb.
    Last edited by Sal the Shieldhog; 2016-07-21 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liania View Post
    Marok's is also calculating it wrong.
    I'm just gonna quote what I said in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Marok View Post
    It is correct. It's not the same as the tooltip value and it's not supposed to be. That WeakAura shows the effective absorb of IP. It literally shows the value of the absorb given by the game, I'm not sure how much more correct you can get.

Deleted
    The Tooltip absorb amount which you can get out by using the API,
    is exactly the old 100% shildbarrier absorb.
    90% (x0.9) of this value is the absorbed amount, which we can "read with our eyes" in the IP buff.

I'm quite sure that you just have to multiplikate it with 0.9 to get the correct absorb amount.
    My ingame test with "Shadow of the Edgehogs" edited string,
    shows me always the exact same absorb value.

Don't use the tooltip on the spell in the action bar.
    Marok weak aura is working perfectly fine (in english language), based on the actual unitbuff. I used it as a reference when playing with this buff and some lua, .I test with all talents/buff that can have any impact on the value of ignore pain, the result provide by Marok weak aura is accurate because it is taking the buff on the player

If your game is not in english, change the custom code of the weak aura. Basically changing this UnitBuff("player","Ignore Pain")

Another possible way to make it working in all language could be (not sure and not tested) replacing
    UnitBuff("player","Ignore Pain") by
    GetSpellInfo("XXX")) == GetSpellInfo("XXX") with XXX the spellID for ignore pain buff

not sure about the correct value of spell ID , seems to be 190456 (not at home)

Going to slightly necro this thread to ask if it's possible to create a WeakAura that tracks the absorb amount of Ignore Pain in the form of a progress texture or bar rather than text? I think having a visualization on Ignore Pain would be more informative than just text alone. Thanks for any help.

Deleted
    This is the one I asked a guildie to do for me: http://pastebin.com/HXTBAngD. It's not a progress bar, but it does tell you how much you have now compared to the maximum cap.

Deleted
    I had guild buddy change my WA into kilo's in the "tracker amount text" instead of the regular numbers, which has a limit of 999999.
    The icon is still Shield Barrier's since im very used to that look but can be changed, it also has a color change when it gets below 3 sec duration since its important to stack it up.

It dosent calculate the next ignore pain thou, I may get that added in later.

pastebin.com/6x4AD9nR