Page 65 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    @Effinhunter

BM Tier, Single target - is this missing the Q'pla boots or did they just not sim high enough to be worth mentioning? I suspected these would increase in power when combined with tier and/or mantle...

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    @Effinhunter

BM Tier, Single target - is this missing the Q'pla boots or did they just not sim high enough to be worth mentioning? I suspected these would increase in power when combined with tier and/or mantle...
    There are separate sims of legendaries, including source for simcraft, if you need to test out tier with your legendaries. The legendary sims in first post include breakdowns for 1, 3, and 6 targets.

To those asking in game, I'm aware of the 1/24 buffs and will of course be updating sims soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Updated with last night's nightly build. Rerunning a few things with today's nightly after I get everything posted.

BM Tier, Single target (Simcraft Source)

MM Tier, Single target (Simcraft Source)

SV Tier, Single target (Simcraft Source)

I've also rerun the stat plots for each spec with and without tier. The results are pretty interesting, especially for SV.

Stat Plots with Tier

The following show stat plots (increments of agility, haste, mastery, etc. from the 895 gear point) which essentially show the rise and fall of scale factors/stat weights along 30 points for each stat. This is a top down view of scale factors from the gear point.

BM with Tier Stat Plot

MM with Tier Stat Plot

SV with Tier Stat Plot

Stat Plots without Tier

The following show stat plots (increments of agility, haste, mastery, etc. from the 895 gear point) which essentially show the rise and fall of scale factors/stat weights along 30 points for each stat. This is a top down view of scale factors from the gear point.

BM without Tier Stat Plot

MM without Tier Stat Plot

SV without Tier Stat Plot

When you add tier to SV, haste gains a lot of value. Mastery is also very high with tier. This means that a mastery > haste build actually works for SV in this tier. This means people can switch between BM and SV, especially, without need to accumulate gear for each spec.

MM still performs better with mastery > crit focus.

- - - Updated - - -

Before I post more, I'm going to rerun everything with current Simcraft to incorporate any recent changes.
    Last edited by Effinhunter; 2017-01-21 at 09:17 PM.

I have the BM boots and I run aspect of the Beast. If I KC twice very close to each other, does the AotB DoT stack and "merge" to add up or does it simply refresh and I lose out on DPS?

Why am I getting such a high priority on Crit with Simc(as BM)? Got these weights:
    ( Pawn: v1: "Trvx_Active": Agility=16.41, CritRating=15.12, HasteRating=12.79, MasteryRating=13.75, Versatility=11.44, Dps=5.06 )

Here's my armory: link

Quote Originally Posted by Senel View Post
    Why am I getting such a high priority on Crit with Simc(as BM)? Got these weights:
    ( Pawn: v1: "Trvx_Active": Agility=16.41, CritRating=15.12, HasteRating=12.79, MasteryRating=13.75, Versatility=11.44, Dps=5.06 )

Here's my armory: link
    Talent choices, most likely. Switch Blinking Strikes for Bestial Fury and check it again.

Also do make sure you're running enough iterations, as a low amount of iterations might result in certain stats being erronelously high-valued (or low-valued).

Quote Originally Posted by Vellithe View Post
    Talent choices, most likely. Switch Blinking Strikes for Bestial Fury and check it again.

Also do make sure you're running enough iterations, as a low amount of iterations might result in certain stats being erronelously high-valued (or low-valued).
    Thanks for the answer. Switched it up to ST talents (WotC and BF) and increased iterations to 25k from 10k default and it changed a little:

( Pawn: v1: "Trvx_Active": Agility=16.89, CritRating=15.49, HasteRating=14.11, MasteryRating=14.71, Versatility=12.07, Dps=6.64 )

Crit still the top stat tho?

Then you have very low crit, if you increase your crit by 2-3% it's value will be dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Senel View Post
    Thanks for the answer. Switched it up to ST talents (WotC and BF) and increased iterations to 25k from 10k default and it changed a little:

( Pawn: v1: "Trvx_Active": Agility=16.89, CritRating=15.49, HasteRating=14.11, MasteryRating=14.71, Versatility=12.07, Dps=6.64 )

Crit still the top stat tho?
    Your shoulders + boots increase the potency of Wild Call procs by a lot which in return means that crit gains a lot of value for your setup. Since secondary stats are already fairly close to another without those legendaries, it's only obvious crit would become the strongest secondary if you have them.

Having said that, this obviously only applies to your current profile. If you hadn't stacked so much mastery already, you'd either see mastery slightly above crit or both being even. In the end you're probably best off going for a Mastery = Crit > Haste > Versa priority on gear.
    Last edited by GT4; 2017-01-22 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GT4 View Post
    Your shoulders + boots increase the potency of Wild Call procs by a lot which in return means that crit gains a lot of value for your setup. Since secondary stats are already fairly close to another without those legendaries, it's only obvious crit would become the strongest secondary if you have them.

Having said that, this obviously only applies to your current profile. If you hadn't stacked so much mastery already, you'd either see mastery slightly above crit or both being even. In the end you're probably best off going for a Mastery = Crit > Haste > Versa priority on gear.
    Thanks for the detailed answer! Yeah, I figured it was because of my setup (boots+shoulders is so smooth to play BTW <3). Gonna follow that stat prio you mentioned from now on.

I'm updating the legendary sims to try to show the strength of the upgrade from 910->940.

MM Legendaries, Single Target

- - - Updated - - -

BM Legendaries, Single Target

- - - Updated - - -

SV Legendaries, Single Target

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    I have the BM boots and I run aspect of the Beast. If I KC twice very close to each other, does the AotB DoT stack and "merge" to add up or does it simply refresh and I lose out on DPS?
    I have the same question. It looks like dot refreshes and doesn't stack but I don't know how to find out for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    Single target trinket sims are updated.
    Any chance for a 3target 6target soon? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    I have the same question. It looks like dot refreshes and doesn't stack but I don't know how to find out for sure.
    Paging Azorth/Effin? If anyone knows it's one of these two.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBetrayer View Post
    Any chance for a 3target 6target soon? Thank you!
    Absolutely. I am starting those up with latest sim. I have other sims done, but it's been a busy weekend. I'm working on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    Absolutely. I am starting those up with latest sim. I have other sims done, but it's been a busy weekend. I'm working on it.
    Can you not test this out on a target dummy? I don't have the boots, unfortunately. I've been looking around Simcraft source as I get time, and I haven't found how this is currently modeled yet. I can try to look for this again when I get time.

Edit: P.S. I don't see anything about stacking in the simcraft module:
    https://github.com/simulationcraft/s...nter.cpp#L2054

The bleed is here. Not seeing anything about stacking.
    https://github.com/simulationcraft/s...nter.txt#L4485

- - - Updated - - -

BM and MM 3 target trinket sims updated. SV is running. Letting them run overnight. Not sure if any of the 6 targets will be done before I head to work.

- - - Updated - - -

trinket sims: SV 3 target and MM 6 target added to first post
    Last edited by Effinhunter; 2017-01-23 at 03:23 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you know if the change of focus for Arcane shot and Mulit-shot and the damage for Sidewinders has been put into simulationcraft yet?

Deleted
    Paging Azorth/Effin? If anyone knows it's one of these two.
    It's doesn't stack. The only benefit for this talent with the boots is if you have 2 or more targets to apply the dot on another target than your main...

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    Do you know if the change of focus for Arcane shot and Mulit-shot and the damage for Sidewinders has been put into simulationcraft yet?
    Arcane focus increase to 8:
    https://github.com/simulationcraft/s...nter.txt#L4074

Multi-Shot focus increase to 3:
    https://github.com/simulationcraft/s...nter.txt#L6108

I believe everything is in there.

BM 6 target trinket sims have been added.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...ther-trinkets/

Relevant for hunters
    Entwined Elemental Foci: The amount of Critical Strike, Mastery, and Haste granted by this item’s proc has been increased by 5%.
    Arcanogolem Digit: Damage increased by 30%.(I believe this procs for hunters? It's in the trinket sims IIRC)
    Icon of Rot: Damage increased by 40%.
    Fury of the Burning Sky: Damage increased by 40%.

Biggest change for us are probably Fury being buffed. Given that it was already quite good on a lot of fights due to its aoe nature, we'll see if 40% is enough to push it better than Frond for single target.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.