Quote Originally Posted by Bizarro04 View Post
    Hi guys,
    I have a question about WW rotation. With Hit Combo talent, when I have max stack, there are situations when I just use BoK, I have FoF, SRK, Chi Wave and ToD on CD and I don't have enough energy for Tiger Palm. Should I use second BoK and lost all stacks of Hit Combo or should I wait for another abillity going off CD?
    Thank you
    Wait for next Tiger Palm.
    It's better to wait 2 seconds instead of losing such huge buff.

In addition, when You will have Your artifact weapon and it's, these kind of situations will be even more rare.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

You can use crackling jade lightning or if chi permits SCK

You still can use Crackling Jade Lightning / Spinning Crane Kick / Flying Serpent Kick to keep your mastery / Hit Combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizarro04 View Post
    Hi guys,
    I have a question about WW rotation. With Hit Combo talent, when I have max stack, there are situations when I just use BoK, I have FoF, SRK, Chi Wave and ToD on CD and I don't have enough energy for Tiger Palm. Should I use second BoK and lost all stacks of Hit Combo or should I wait for another abillity going off CD?
    Thank you
    In that situation it's better towait for energy for Tiger Palm, unless you will wast chi, if that's the case you can use jade lightning, flying serpent kick, or spinning crane kick.
    The main thing is to not overcap your chi or energy and use your big hitters as close to cooldown as possible, don't worrry if that means a second or two pause in your rotation every now and again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliansfist View Post
    One warning with CJL is that it does delay auto attacks while you channel. The damage it does is moderately below what auto attack does, so it is not a good idea to channel CJL too long if you want to keep mastery/hit combo going.

With decent planning, and when we can use SotWL; how often are we gonna run into this issue? Didn't play much with beta, but I find the cjl trick a little cheesy myself.

Any BIS lists floating around for emerald nightmare / sims with which of those trinkets or what dungeon trinkets are preferable?

Still have 3 weeks after launch but just wondering if anyone has anything yet, as I haven't seen any around

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireguard View Post
    Any BIS lists floating around for emerald nightmare / sims with which of those trinkets or what dungeon trinkets are preferable?

Still have 3 weeks after launch but just wondering if anyone has anything yet, as I haven't seen any around
    not yet. Been way too busy to look at EN. But I plan on getting a set ready in the next week (in-between leveling and gearing up). But there will definitely be a list before the zone is released.

Maybe this is just me but what is the point of Chi Orbit in PVE? It seems to do less DPS than the other two talents, doesn't scale very well or with haste, and only has the application of sniffing out stealth units. Otherwise it's just one less button to push for incredibly less damage. Did it get nerfed while in development without any look towards it? I enjoy both talents, not really serenity, and it felt very... Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Maybe this is just me but what is the point of Chi Orbit in PVE? It seems to do less DPS than the other two talents, doesn't scale very well or with haste, and only has the application of sniffing out stealth units. Otherwise it's just one less button to push for incredibly less damage. Did it get nerfed while in development without any look towards it? I enjoy both talents, not really serenity, and it felt very... Meh.
    It was too overpowered in beta to the point where everyone had it, people complained, it was hit with the balance stick, but it got crit and now it's too underpowered. It's a solo/new to monk talent at best. The burst/guaranteed damage from orbs should be nice for questing, while hit combo would likely fall off between quests, and xuen would spend most of his time awake doing nothing after mobs die in a few hits from you.

Quote Originally Posted by PinDrop View Post
    It was too overpowered in beta to the point where everyone had it, people complained, it was hit with the balance stick, but it got crit and now it's too underpowered. It's a solo/new to monk talent at best. The burst/guaranteed damage from orbs should be nice for questing, while hit combo would likely fall off between quests, and xuen would spend most of his time awake doing nothing after mobs die in a few hits from you.
    But Hit Combo is not on the same talent line that is Chi Orbit. But I understand what you mean though, it's great for letting people learn the class without more buttons to push. I'm glad you can mix and match it, to some greater or lesser degree, but this is pretty out there. I think the same thing could be said about the talent line of Energizing Brew, Power Strikes, and Ascension. IIRC Energizing brew is the best by a mile, especially for burst, while Power Strikes is too weak and Ascension is just piss poor throughout compared to either.

Is Chi Orbit that bad? In the DPS test I did it was not that bad in comparison overall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Is Chi Orbit that bad? In the DPS test I did it was not that bad in comparison overall.
    Chi Orbit would be 30% AP/sec, Whirling Dragon Punch would be slightly more than 50% AP/sec, if used on CD. I'm not sure if Chi Orbit spawn interval is reduced by haste, but if it isn't, it falls even further behind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliansfist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dao Dao View Post
    In that situation it's better towait for energy for Tiger Palm, unless you will wast chi, if that's the case you can use jade lightning, flying serpent kick, or spinning crane kick.
    The main thing is to not overcap your chi or energy and use your big hitters as close to cooldown as possible, don't worrry if that means a second or two pause in your rotation every now and again.
    Thank you for advice I now use SCK when I have enough chi or FSK. Is CJL really worth to use? Auto attack deal more damage...

Using SCK on ST is as close as it gets to wasting 2 chi; specially with transfer the power, spinning crane kick delaying auto attacks etc, you're barely doing more damage than a blackout kick with it for three times the cost. Basically everytime you're using SCK on ST, you're hiding to yourself that you're letting 2 chi go to waste.

As for CJL: as hinalover mentionned, you're wasting melee hits during it; however you can start the channel and cancel it instantly at very low cost.

Deleted
    Are WW going to use 1H artifact weapons in legion? I read a post that it has been changed to one 2H?!

Quote Originally Posted by Martisan View Post
    Are WW going to use 1H artifact weapons in legion? I read a post that it has been changed to one 2H?!
    Two 1hand Fist Weapons.

Deleted
    PHEW! thanks for clarifying

i just noticed transfer the power on beta is 3% per stack instead of 5%. is this what it's actually giving now or does it still have that tooltip bug where it is really just giving 1% per stack?

Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    Chi Orbit would be 30% AP/sec, Whirling Dragon Punch would be slightly more than 50% AP/sec, if used on CD. I'm not sure if Chi Orbit spawn interval is reduced by haste, but if it isn't, it falls even further behind.
    Plus chi orbit does not scale with mastery, and its damage is uncontrollable. It was simply overnerfed into utter irrelevance and won't see the light of day.

PvE people will take WDP, PvP people will take Serenity for the burst and because SEF is interminably terrible in PvP with shitty AI and clones that can be snared/rooted by a mage into irrelevance.