Page 47 of 124 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Yeah, you already casted Chi Wave before.
    The game remembers a way back what your last ability was.
    Oh wow, I didn't even think of that. Thanks.

I feel dumb for not realizing the potions do not work effectively with SEF. Going to have to adjust lol.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    I feel dumb for not realizing the potions do not work effectively with SEF. Going to have to adjust lol.
    Anyone know why this is? Seems like a pretty significant bug/oversight forcing people to serenity? Or am I exaggerating.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    Anyone know why this is? Seems like a pretty significant bug/oversight forcing people to serenity? Or am I exaggerating.
    I'm taking an educated guess here so take it for what its worth but I bet something to do with the Fire and Earth spirit being treated as pets. So it probably only captures how much our Storm spirit (our char) does during SEF. So without the SEF talent its doing 50% damage and then without talent its doing 45% damage. That would account for some disparity but probably not all of it. It may not get buffed by our mastery (I have no way to prove this right now or even know if this is true) which would cause an issue since WW's are balanced around our attacks getting buffed by mastery.

I'm not saying this is what would cause it but to me this seems like the most likely reasons.

it is kinda dumb, i hope its an oversight seeing how much the pots do.

but sef and mastery was fixed a while back
    Last edited by giniyo; 2016-09-29 at 04:50 PM.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its not really intended, nor is it a bug. Its a holdover from how they're coded and would require a recode to fix this and a few other quirks. Maybe it will happen, maybe it wont.

These bugs are basically balanced around, they are implemented in all the simulation tools and blizzard knows about them. If the bugs with SEF were fixed, it would likely have to be nerfed.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Its not really intended, nor is it a bug. Its a holdover from how they're coded and would require a recode to fix this and a few other quirks. Maybe it will happen, maybe it wont.

These bugs are basically balanced around, they are implemented in all the simulation tools and blizzard knows about them. If the bugs with SEF were fixed, it would likely have to be nerfed.
    Or they could have just give us a normal DPS cooldown. Just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then people would freak out that its bland or has no fantasy or flavor. The wanted to keep an ability that has become synonymous with WW.

Perhaps that's what Blizzard intends serenity to be and is also the reason why serenity doesn't benefit from the artifact trait as greatly as SEF since it does not suffer those same problems.

I doubt Blizzard will ever fix that SEF issue as it has existed since its creation and the serenity/balancing around it option is probably less work.

Deleted
    I play with Power Strikes since I got accostumed to it during leveling etc. but recognize Energizing Elixir as the superior choice. I just can not seem to wrap my head around the differing playstyle and don't really have feel for the 'right' use of EE. Should I use it for burst phases (so purely for the Chi) or keep it for these phases in a fight where I'm ressource-starved with Chi / Energy? My gut tells me to use it as a DMG CD along SEF and SotW, but the cooldowns / recharges don't add quite up. Any hints?

Deleted
    I finally picked up my first legendary yesterday. Unfortunately I think it is the Masters Hidden Touch gloves that allow you to cast Touch of Death a second time in a 3 sec time window.

You can't apply this touch of death to the same target making these gloves effect really bad in raid with the exception of Xavius.

Does anyone have any information of the gloves interaction with Gale Burst?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    You can't apply this touch of death to the same target making these gloves effect really bad in raid with the exception of Xavius.
    What about Cenarius and Il'gynoth? With the high mobility of Monks, it should be really easy to get Touch of Death up on two different mobs. Regardless, the stats of legendaries alone are enough to equip them.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    What about Cenarius and Il'gynoth? With the high mobility of Monks, it should be really easy to get Touch of Death up on two different mobs. Regardless, the stats of legendaries alone are enough to equip them.
    Ilgynoth maybe but typically the adds on Ilgynoth are not close enough to Touch multiple adds without losing dps due to moving some.

For Cenarius maybe for situations like Drake/Treant/Dryad but this would require to not use ToD on CD and thus in my case also not use Horn of Valor on CD. Not sure if this would be a dps gain or loss. If it somehow happens to lineup sure it is nice.

I have not been able to play with it so far at all besides going to a test dummy. It dropped from the druid boss in dark heart thicket in a normal mythic 5man after my guildies talked me into tanking an instance for them instead of going to bed.

Definitely would have prefered March of the Legion, Katsuo's Eclipse or Drinking Horn Cover. Talking about this, does Drinking Horn Cover also extend Serenity if you you use the talent?

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    Ilgynoth maybe but typically the adds on Ilgynoth are not close enough to Touch multiple adds without losing dps due to moving some.

For Cenarius maybe for situations like Drake/Treant/Dryad but this would require to not use ToD on CD and thus in my case also not use Horn of Valor on CD. Not sure if this would be a dps gain or loss. If it somehow happens to lineup sure it is nice.

I have not been able to play with it so far at all besides going to a test dummy. It dropped from the druid boss in dark heart thicket in a normal mythic 5man after my guildies talked me into tanking an instance for them instead of going to bed.

Definitely would have prefered March of the Legion, Katsuo's Eclipse or Drinking Horn Cover. Talking about this, does Drinking Horn Cover also extend Serenity if you you use the talent?

You should without issue be able to put ToD on two targets on each of the encounters. You have FSK, remember.

March of the Legion has this issue, that has no primary stat, so I rather have the gloves instead of the ring, personally, however it gives a lot raid utility on the other hand.

Drinking Horn Cover does not work on Serenity, that's the minus of this legendary, however I was playing way more with SEF than Serenity.
    However, Serenity talent is stronger.

Katsuo's Eclipse is something that I'd love to have as my first legendary. The rotation seems so much smoother with it

I am a menace to my own destiny.

10+ Year Old Account
    to quote Wiltrold from the locked thread

I have the 25% movement legendary. It's really strong on fights like Dragons, Renferal, Ursoc. It's also REALLY strong in mythic+.
    And btw, WW monks can also cheese Bramble Vines on Cenarius with FSK.
    Could someone elaborate on how FSK cheeses the roots?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Runeheal View Post

Fly over them I suppose, I don't know I was MW on the fight this week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runeheal View Post

I've been talking to people but haven't found any confirmation in this. You can use Tiger's lust once you are in a bramble to break out, and its possible that if you get Hand of Freedom from a Pally, you can roll/FSK over the brambles, but most raiders i've talked to have had rogues or other classes clear them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    I've been talking to people but haven't found any confirmation in this. You can use Tiger's lust once you are in a bramble to break out, and its possible that if you get Hand of Freedom from a Pally, you can roll/FSK over the brambles, but most raiders i've talked to have had rogues or other classes clear them.
    I've been doing it regularly - FSK alone completely ignores the effects of the roots and just flies over them while removing any in the path. Very useful for long lines of them or just quickly clearing a path to the boss/adds.
    Last edited by mmoca8d28dda14; 2016-09-30 at 01:28 PM.

Couple of questions.

1. Does anyone have a weakaura to show my last used attack? specifically those that effect our mastery/ combo strikes. sometimes if there's a pause in combat I'll forget what i used last.

2. Is there a raid boss dummy anywhere that is completely alone. I need a spot to practise my rotation but also make sure it's getting results. Mainly to avoid cleaving and my SEF clones flying off then me calling them back and they take a good year to run back. I've already tried thunderbluff but if they manage to jump down then they take their time getting back.

I was playing around with sims the other day and noticed that Serenity actually sims 10-20k lower for me then WDP (depending on trinkets). Could this be gear/trinket related? For example ursoc trinket and too much haste on gear? Or are the sims not making use of optimized Serenity gameplay?

Not raiding much atm so haven't been able to properly test which one does more for me in game.