Page 10 of 124 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nairobi13 View Post
    what made your mind up? I am on the cuff of a reroll atm. Paid transfer/faction changed and everything so far. But i am admittedly a dps whore. And i'm struggling to work out which class would be more viable. It's between rogue/monk for me.
    i'm rolling monk from rogue as well this expac after they killed my favorite spec. keep in mind if you are playing monk this expac it is confirmed that celestalon actually plays the class, this was a huge plus for me. you only have to keep up 1 artifact hardcore compared to 3, you don't have garbage AoE, and your playstyle is mostly predictable which are the big reasons for me to switch.

god knows what mental patient was in charge of rogue this expac but i'm happy i clicked with windwalker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kalaratic View Post
    i'm rolling monk from rogue as well this expac after they killed my favorite spec. keep in mind if you are playing monk this expac it is confirmed that celestalon actually plays the class, this was a huge plus for me. you only have to keep up 1 artifact hardcore compared to 3, you don't have garbage AoE, and your playstyle is mostly predictable which are the big reasons for me to switch.

god knows what mental patient was in charge of rogue this expac but i'm happy i clicked with windwalker.
    My points exactly. I have mained a rogue since wotlk release. And i was so in love with assassination i never looked back. Now they've made it into a dot spec i have been massively put off. I've rerolled to monk (pretty much as i've spent irl money on the xfer to get him over etc) but i want to be able to compete in raids which is the main reason i rerolled. I don't play combat or sub outside of pvp as i loved the flow of assasination. But i am willing to go back if the numbers are higher. I have decided i will dps whore this expansion as i'm quite tired or being a mid/low tier pure dps class (i know i could have gone sub but i simply did not enjoy it). Whereas i love the monk rotation with WdK involved too. Not a fan of the serenity build but it will do for the time being! Thanks for your input so far. Looks like a few of us are in the same boat! Just wish we had some sims to see what kinda thing we'll be looking to.

Quote Originally Posted by kalaratic View Post

Celestalon also plays balance druid, and balance druids are shit.

Anyways, everyone will maintain their artifact for their mainspec up to date.

You speak as if only javing to maintain a single artifact was a plus when the truth is if at any point WW underperforms, you are stuck with an underperforming spec while rogues, hunters, mages, warriors, DK's, and warlocks have got multiple specs to switch to if one of their DPS specs sucks.

In fact, it is that very flexibility which has always put pure DPS classes ahead.

Assassination is broken OP on single targets and you can just switch to combat for cleave/aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Celestalon also plays balance druid, and balance druids are shit.

Anyways, everyone will maintain their artifact for their mainspec up to date.

You speak as if only javing to maintain a single artifact was a plus when the truth is if at any point WW underperforms, you are stuck with an underperforming spec while rogues, hunters, mages, warriors, DK's, and warlocks have got multiple specs to switch to if one of their DPS specs sucks.

In fact, it is that very flexibility which has always put pure DPS classes ahead.

Assassination is broken OP on single targets and you can just switch to combat for cleave/aoe.
    ya that's a fair point. for me it is would i rather play a class where i don't enjoy any of the 3 specs vs. a class where i really fucking love 1 spec (both the ST and AoE build) that i have to stick to the whole expac. i'm going to take a chance that tuning will play out well for windwalkers this expac because of the artifact system even though deep down i know i shouldn't. but ya if you are all about topping the meters i doubt this is the right spec to be playing.

If you wanna top the dps, you need to play a pure dps class.

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/enemy-grid

this addon should make keeping up SCK's debuff significantly easier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/enemy-grid

this addon should make keeping up SCK's debuff significantly easier.
    How ? Does the ability has some sort of debuff?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    How ? Does the ability has some sort of debuff?
    Everytime you hit a target with Jab, BoK or RSK, that target gets a debuff that lasts 15 seconds, which is what counts towards the stacks for SCK dmg increase.

I guess the idea of the grid is to have a better sense of when the debuffs are about to fall off, so you can minmax the dmg output from SCK.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustabil View Post
    If you wanna top the dps, you need to play a pure dps class.
    Do You mean that WW is not "pure" on that?

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    Do You mean that WW is not "pure" on that?
    what i mean is that monk only have 1 dps spec, and relies on that spec beeing good. Pure dps classes have 3 dps specs where only one have to preform good. It is much bigger chance that 1/3 are good than 1/1 beeing good, and even tho blizzard has stated hybrid tax isnt a thing, it still kinda is a thing, as hybrid classes often have lots of utillity and then gets to OP if they are bringing top dps numbers as well.

So Lock,Hunter,Mage,Rogue are more solid classes to roll if you wanna do good dps. DK,Warrior and Druid to some extent as they have 2 dps specs. But classes with only 1 DPS spec often tend to be risky.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustabil View Post
    what i mean is that monk only have 1 dps spec, and relies on that spec beeing good. Pure dps classes have 3 dps specs where only one have to preform good. It is much bigger chance that 1/3 are good than 1/1 beeing good, and even tho blizzard has stated hybrid tax isnt a thing, it still kinda is a thing, as hybrid classes often have lots of utillity and then gets to OP if they are bringing top dps numbers as well.

So Lock,Hunter,Mage,Rogue are more solid classes to roll if you wanna do good dps. DK,Warrior and Druid to some extent as they have 2 dps specs. But classes with only 1 DPS spec often tend to be risky.
    I get Your point and well, I've been playing Ret all the way long, but as this is class is utter shit, I am considering to reroll.
    UH and WW are on my sight, but taking note that everyone is hyped about the DK, it may go low after Blizz take a closer took on it.
    WW on the other hand is so cool to play now, that I really have my inner problem which class to choose.

Though, I never took WW as such hybrid as Balance / Ret / Spriest,

I am a menace to my own destiny.

WW is a very solid spec atm. It got simplified and therefore more people find it fun, it got some very good cleave and a 5 sec stun wich is very good in dungeons as well in raids.

Problem tho is that Brew is now considered the worst tank by far, and its very unejoyable to play and i dont rly like healing. That means the only spec i would enjoy playing on monk is WW, and i prob gonna do worse if asked to tank or heal, cause i mostly dont like those monk specs.

I also played a lot of DK on the beta. I really enjoyed it. All 3 specs, wich is why i find it as the better and safer class. If asked to tank i can do so gladly and enjoy both frost and uh so would go whatever needed.

Some new and maybe some old WW players might find it so fun that this doesnt matter, but as someone who kinda find the changes to be less fun (but understandable) i feel WW is a little risky if they end up beeing nerfed to the ground when we strong (like before)
    Last edited by Ustabil; 2016-08-02 at 11:27 PM.

I got a question - How big of a dps difference there is if I take Whirling Dragon Punch now instead of Serenity? I've tried playing with the latter and I really dislike it, and once the mastery bug is fixed WDP should be top talent anyways so I want to get used to it. Besides I don't care about my dps on monk that much since it's only an alt, I have my rogue for actually caring about pulling 100%.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rothesh View Post
    I got a question - How big of a dps difference there is if I take Whirling Dragon Punch now instead of Serenity? I've tried playing with the latter and I really dislike it, and once the mastery bug is fixed WDP should be top talent anyways so I want to get used to it. Besides I don't care about my dps on monk that much since it's only an alt, I have my rogue for actually caring about pulling 100%.
    Its not super terrible of a DPS loss, the more mastery you have, the bigger the difference, but you can get away with it just fine.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Its not super terrible of a DPS loss, the more mastery you have, the bigger the difference, but you can get away with it just fine.
    SEF clones also do not get the damage from hit combo, so I'm going to have to disagree and say that the difference between serenity and wdp atm actually quite large.

Am i the only one who gets a big satisfaction grin when doing AoE with RJW, WDP, FoF, Chi Burst and SCK?

Too bad i don't have SotW. I really feel the need for the occasional 8th key to press in a pack.

I know it's not optional, but to think my priority AoE is longer then my whole raid combined makes me giggle...

...and makes the guildmates jelous.

Haha, I won't go the full aoe build but WDP woven with FoF and SCK is quite satisfying. Make sure you save energizing elixir going into it and the amount of AoE you can put out is top notch.

As far as serenity vs WDP, on single target WDP is a massive DPS loss, especially with ring and the fact you can fit 2 FoFs over the course of ring with serenity. Combined with agi pot and you have an insane amount of burst that won't be matched by the 2nd charge of SEF and WDP over the course of the fight.

AoE is a different story. Fights like Iskar, WDP is miles ahead, where fights with occasional adds (manny, archy, xhul to an extent) it's debatable which is higher. Once mastery is fixed on clones, I'd image WDP would pull ahead for any fight with cleave or big aoe, while serenity may stay top dog on ST.

Of course this all changes when you lose ring and get artifact traits in legion.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Storm Earth and Fire has been hotfixed on Live to benefit from Mastery correctly.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Storm Earth and Fire has been hotfixed on Live to benefit from Mastery correctly.
    does this mean we should stop using serenity for ST fights now?

What about Combo Strikes?