Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    may seem like a stupid question but should I always have the chi for as many top prirotiy abilties as possible? Say I have FoF coming off cd and soon after I start casting that RSK will come off cd with SotW a second after RSK. So should i go into FoF with 5 chi to ensure that once I finish I can cast Rsk immediately? How I would do that I'm not too sure or if it's even possible. Sometimes I really confuse myself lol. Generally I enter this part with 3 chi for FoF, then come out of FoF and have to TP > RSK > TP > SotW.

I'm really trying to get into the mind set of thinking 30 seconds forward not only what is top priority for right that second.
    Yes, you should always have the chi for the top priority abilities. Its absolutely possible, just have to think ahead and know when to wait and not cast anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Oziemaster View Post
    It doesn't matter how much you plan. If you get tons of BoK procs, full on chi, can't TP, low on energy, you should SCK. You sometimes can't stick with hard rules 24/7. Fights change on a pull to pull basis. You need to adapt to your current situation and make the most out of it while planning ahead as best as you can. And you can still use CJL just not nearly as much as before. At most just 1-3 times in a fight. And again, it depends on your current situation. So you must adapt to it.
    The amount of (bad) luck with BoK procs you'd need to make SCK usable in single target is huge, more than will ever happen. I've bolded the part of this that makes what you're saying incorrect. If you're low on energy, you can wait 8-10s or so before worrying about capping energy, in that time RSK will almost definitely become available again, so you dont need to just throw away Chi with SCK.

Quote Originally Posted by LoKSET View Post
    Before the nerf I was playing with Chi Burst. Now I have to switch to CW to fill gaps in rotation. Why did Blizz had to nerf the pathetic CJL god damn.
    If you were using CJL, you were messing up, whether consciously trying to use it, or using it to make up for a previous mistake. You're more than welcome to continue to use it to make up for mistakes, and you definitely should do so, if it means the only resources you "waste" is 20 energy for CJL, its still usable. The "nerf" just made it more punishing to use it as a crutch, didnt change its role as a crutch.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Whether I was messing up or not is irrelevant - by using CJL you didn't lose anything apart from some minuscule autoattack damage which accounts for nothing. I was able to TP twice in a row with one tick of CJL in between. That's not something which is possible now (without losing energy) and there is no mistake which has been made.
    That was most definitely a QoL nerf.

I feel like people are looking at things from the wrong angle. If you're finding yourself in situations where you either: overcap energy, overcap chi, break hit combo, use CJL, or have to wait 4+ seconds - the question is not "what do I do in that situation." The correct question is "what can I do to not put myself in that situation in the first place."

My guess is that people are using too many TP's. For instance, they're sitting at 4-5 chi when they use their RSK and then following it up with a TP, and then if they get a BoK! proc they're screwed. So instead you should be looking to fit in a BoK before the RSK, another one after, save up Chi Wave to weave between BoK's (which is the one place that I think checkmywow is misleading - you don't necessarily have to cast Chi Wave every 15 seconds, sometimes it's better to delay a bit to help out the rotation), things like that.

The only way these situations should be at all common is if you have the legendary boots, a lot of haste either through gear or procs, and a godly amount of BoK! procs. Otherwise, you can adjust your play so that you don't find yourself in these weird chi-capped places.

Whether I was messing up or not is irrelevant - by using CJL you didn't lose anything apart from some minuscule autoattack damage which accounts for nothing. I was able to TP twice in a row with one tick of CJL in between. That's not something which is possible now (without losing energy) and there is no mistake which has been made.
    That was most definitely a QoL nerf.
    Sorry, but you are wrong. By using CJL you lose a GCD every single time which could've been used for meaningfull attacks, if you'd have thought ahead better. For example, using CJL ~5 times in a fight for the purpose of keeping Hitcombo up, you lose 5 BoK usages you'd have alternatively, including the BoK Damage and the FoF Stack. Or you would loose 5 TP usages and therefore 10 chi. Or something inbetween those two examples.
    And if you have lost "some minuscule autoattack damage", you casted CJL too long. The way it was used pre-nerf (even if it shouldn't be used at all if you played your class correctly, but thats another topic) is to IMMEDIATELY cancel the cast for not losing a single autohit.
    Babylonius is 100% right.

We are far from GCD capped. Nothing of what you say is correct. If you don't cap energy it is not possible to lose any BoKs, RSKs or whatever. I never cared enough to test whether I had lost any AA damage, but since the way I stopped CJL was with macros built in TP and BoK it's likely very minor that even the biggest min-maxer would be ashamed to care about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakiri View Post
    I feel like people are looking at things from the wrong angle. If you're finding yourself in situations where you either: overcap energy, overcap chi, break hit combo, use CJL, or have to wait 4+ seconds - the question is not "what do I do in that situation." The correct question is "what can I do to not put myself in that situation in the first place."
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakiri View Post
    My guess is that people are using too many TP's. For instance, they're sitting at 4-5 chi when they use their RSK and then following it up with a TP, and then if they get a BoK! proc they're screwed. So instead you should be looking to fit in a BoK before the RSK, another one after, save up Chi Wave to weave between BoK's (which is the one place that I think checkmywow is misleading - you don't necessarily have to cast Chi Wave every 15 seconds, sometimes it's better to delay a bit to help out the rotation), things like that.
    The problem is that those players feel forced to trigger their buttons as soon as the GCD is over, and therefore pumping in TP and BOK just to press something and have enough ressources for those 2 skills. And this brings them exactly in those situations where they are about to cap one of their ressources and risk loosing their hitcombo.

My tip is that you should relax during FoF, RSK and SotW are on cooldown and just try not to cap energy, and fill up your chi slowly just to be available in the exact time when something big comes off cooldown. You want to avoid the situation where i.e. FoF comes off cooldown and you have to build up 3 chi first to use it, delaying it's usage. The same goes for RSK and SotW. Thats your bread and butter, guys. You want to immediately snipe those skills ASAP. And therefore it is totally fine to sometimes wait a bit and let some energy regen until it nearly reaches the cap and then BOK. It smoothens the rotation so much and feels a lot more like a flow.

I gotta say guys... we are trash on fights lasting less than 1min 30 seconds

We were doing world fastest parses on normal last night took home like 1-3 world ranks on everything, and my dps avgd to 500k where as everybody else was at 600-800k . 1min 13sec ursoc. Saddest parse ever

We are far from GCD capped. Nothing of what you say is correct. If you don't cap energy it is not possible to lose any BoKs, RSKs or whatever. I never cared enough to test whether I had lost any AA damage, but since the way I stopped CJL was with macros built in TP and BoK it's likely very minor that even the biggest min-maxer would be ashamed to care about that.
    And that is part of incorrect, too. You have your opinion and I'm fine with that. Have it. But don't unsettle others by your factual disprovable statements.
    We are not far from being GCD capped if played correctly. I could fill every GCD if I want to. And you take my words out of context. Sure you don't lose any BoK, RSK etc. as long as you don't cap, but on the other hand this means you don't win any due to CJL in the long run. You just risk to fuck up your ressource management or lose autohits. Now it's not a thing anymore, anyway.
    I have to say, i find it very impudently to come here and bring up a topic with somewhat wrong "facts" that the pro's of the scene have already proven to be wrong or at least unneeded. But as I said: Play like you want, just don't bring up wrong facts that may confuse somebody.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinengel View Post
    We are not far from being GCD capped if played correctly. I could fill every GCD if I want to.
    You'd need a decent chunk of haste to be truly GCD cap, so you'd lose the benefit of the other stats. Its doable, but at a cost. You need about 5000 haste to be GCD locked with the FoF boots legendary and 9400 without.

WW is capped by resources moreso than GCD, which is why the priority is largely based on damage per chi, not damage per hit or per second.

Neither you nor @LoKSET are definitively wrong on the matter, just neither are 100% correct.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Not really WW specific but a friend of mine showed me a website today ; http://www.checkmywow.com/reports/Aq...zJ/171989040/3

breaks down your efficiency for a fight in terms of casts. Looks really great, checks possible casts over a fight, resources, and has easily accessible tabs for when you use cds or waste resources. Faster to check what you could've done better on a fight than warcraftlogs anyways

Edit; also they fixed the enlightenment buff for peak of serenity, don't get the mastery buff anymore rip.
    Last edited by Fireguard; 2016-11-04 at 09:19 PM.
    Being bad is ok, just keep getting better

I get the feeling that I'm overvaluing mastery and focusing so hard on it that I'm passing on gear that is actually an upgrade. So if anyone could confirm/deny it that would be nice.

I'm currently at 48.07% mastery (+10660) but only at 7.30% versatility (+2922), 25.84% crit (+3793) and 5.48% haste (+1781). That's nowhere near the stat goals posted on walking the wind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sileh View Post
    I get the feeling that I'm overvaluing mastery and focusing so hard on it that I'm passing on gear that is actually an upgrade. So if anyone could confirm/deny it that would be nice.

I'm currently at 48.07% mastery (+10660) but only at 7.30% versatility (+2922), 25.84% crit (+3793) and 5.48% haste (+1781). That's nowhere near the stat goals posted on walking the wind.
    I'm kind of similar, but not quite as heavy on mastery, and I get weights as something like .62 vers, 0.60 mas/crit, 0.40 haste. I think just avoid huge haste stuff, and do a lot of sins for upgrades. I've been checking almost every item on sims to ensure it is an actual upgrade, but as long as it's not slathered in haste, it's decent.

That seems like way too much mastery, if you have trouble with statweights just link your character so I can provide them

Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    That seems like way too much mastery, if you have trouble with statweights just link your character so I can provide them
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Crusch/simple

Yeah mastery is your 2nd worst stat now:
    Agility=11.87, CritRating=8.49, HasteRating=5.99, MasteryRating=8.05, Versatility=8.58

Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    Yeah mastery is your 2nd worst stat now:
    Agility=11.87, CritRating=8.49, HasteRating=5.99, MasteryRating=8.05, Versatility=8.58
    Aight thanks, I guess I'll switch some gear around, have like 2-3 items for every slot.

Is there a quick way I can calculate this myself?

Aight thanks, I guess I'll switch some gear around, have like 2-3 items for every slot.

Is there a quick way I can calculate this myself?
    You really need to get simulationcraft or something. It seems like a big hassle but once you've taken a few minutes to figure the app out it's as simple as logging out to the char selection screen, alt tabbing and clicking a few buttons to find new weights and compare dps sims. Combine that with Pawn or something to put the new weights in-game and you have very easy and reasonably accurate information on upgrades.

All you have to do with the APP is alter the options to do stat scaling after each sim and then you import your char from the armory. It updates automatically when you log out to the char selection screen, no need to wait or refresh anything etc. Just re-import and sim again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nomey View Post
    You really need to get simulationcraft or something. It seems like a big hassle but once you've taken a few minutes to figure the app out it's as simple as logging out to the char selection screen, alt tabbing and clicking a few buttons to find new weights and compare dps sims. Combine that with Pawn or something to put the new weights in-game and you have very easy and reasonably accurate information on upgrades.

All you have to do with the APP is alter the options to do stat scaling after each sim and then you import your char from the armory. It updates automatically when you log out to the char selection screen, no need to wait or refresh anything etc. Just re-import and sim again.
    Yeah, Simcraft is good for scaling. A pain in the backside to use for changing gear - hence why I use AMR for that, no need to spend ages trying to figure out what the bonusIDs are on a bunch of items - but for stuff based on one set of gear, it's ace. If I'm reading your post correctly, though, you're saying that the armoury updates every time you log to char selection screen? I thought it only updated every few hours or so, but I guess I am still working from years-old info :P

Quote Originally Posted by Penne View Post
    Yeah, Simcraft is good for scaling. A pain in the backside to use for changing gear - hence why I use AMR for that, no need to spend ages trying to figure out what the bonusIDs are on a bunch of items - but for stuff based on one set of gear, it's ace. If I'm reading your post correctly, though, you're saying that the armoury updates every time you log to char selection screen? I thought it only updated every few hours or so, but I guess I am still working from years-old info :P
    It updates (at least whatever source simulationcraft uses) as soon as you log out to char selection. Can just swap out a trinket etc, log, sim, go back in change, log, sim etc. It's pretty quick!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nomey View Post
    It updates (at least whatever source simulationcraft uses) as soon as you log out to char selection. Can just swap out a trinket etc, log, sim, go back in change, log, sim etc. It's pretty quick!
    Sweet. Makes that a lot easier to use, thanks! That's what us old fogeys get for not quite getting used to everything that's changed :P