Page 8 of 124 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    This might seem stupid to ask. Cause i know leveling generally doesnt matter. But when i do something, i want to do it int he most optimal way possible. So, I have all this fish from getting the turtles. What food would best serve leveling?
    All stats are close in value that it really doesn't matter. That said, I personally would prefer crit (I use it currently in raids now) over the other stats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindae View Post
    Not neceserly. We are still 1 month away from release.
    Even tho when WoD hit, Monks were still horribly unbalanced for the first month, but I still believe Blizzard will put more work into it this time.
    Also, most balance change happen in the first 2 weeks of expansion release.

I'm not sure where you saw that, but that is definitely not even close to correct for half of those classes, including WW.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindae View Post
    Where did you get that from? It's horribly incorrect for pretty much all classes unless they used the least normalized gear possible.

This is why lists like this are significantly more harmful than good.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Quick question on Energy capping and Chi capping. When trying to get the rotation/priority including Hit Combo talent right, I am struggling not to either energy or chi cap, or loose Hit Combo stacks. Getting Free BoKs makes it more difficult as those are not using Chi and I had few instances when I was at 5 Chi, got free Bok i use and now I have still like 4-5 seconds till RsK and more for FoF. If i wait all that time I will cap energy. If i use TP i will waste Chi, using BoK makes me loose stacks of Hit Combo talent.

- Should I just just TP/Bok/TP/RsK and waste 3 Chi but increase damage output over energy capping and waiting. If FoF comes of CD after RsK I still have 3 Chi to spend it on, then I can build up Chi for RsK using TP as normal with other skills in between.

- Or should I use SCK (use up 3 Chi) TP/BoK/RsK. But this way I am risking that FoF will not be used on CD if it comes off straight after RsK as I am left with 2 Chi this way.

Or am I doing something wrong as this should never be the case (that I am close to cap both Chi and Energy)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfik View Post
    Quick question on Energy capping and Chi capping. When trying to get the rotation/priority including Hit Combo talent right, I am struggling not to either energy or chi cap, or loose Hit Combo stacks. Getting Free BoKs makes it more difficult as those are not using Chi and I had few instances when I was at 5 Chi, got free Bok i use and now I have still like 4-5 seconds till RsK and more for FoF. If i wait all that time I will cap energy. If i use TP i will waste Chi, using BoK makes me loose stacks of Hit Combo talent.

- Should I just just TP/Bok/TP/RsK and waste 3 Chi but increase damage output over energy capping and waiting. If FoF comes of CD after RsK I still have 3 Chi to spend it on, then I can build up Chi for RsK using TP as normal with other skills in between.

- Or should I use SCK (use up 3 Chi) TP/BoK/RsK. But this way I am risking that FoF will not be used on CD if it comes off straight after RsK as I am left with 2 Chi this way.

Or am I doing something wrong as this should never be the case (that I am close to cap both Chi and Energy)
    There is two solution to your problem.

Use SCK and spec into energizing brew to make sure you have enough Chi for RSK/FoF.

Keep your Chi Wave for this exact situation (which if I'm not mistaken, happen when you use Power strike and have too much free BoK) and loose one chi point in the process.

I'm more into the first option, however I can't really say which one is a dps increase.

I use CJL as a break button. TP - CJL - TP to build 4 chi for example.

It has been mentioned around pages 5-6 of this thread I think.

7+ Year Old Account

These situations usually only happen to me right after I use Energizing Elixir. I guess I'll repeat what I said before: try to use more BoK. Sometimes I do stuff like TP -> BoK -> wait 1sec -> RSK -> BoK -> TP -> ... to use up chi to prevent capping. Of course, I don't do this when FoF is about to come off CD before I get enough time to build new chi. For me, playing WW has become a lot about looking at my energy/chi and what abilites come off CD in the next 5-8sec to judge what I can do right now and what I should not do. Sometimes, despite resources being available now, it's still better to wait a GCD, so that I can use every ability on CD (as far as possible) but still not waste any resources (other than what you get from EE because that's unavoidable with this talent). I also have to admit that I sometimes misjudge situations and still mess something up like accidentally delaying FoF for a second or two. It's something I have to learn for Legion though to get most out of my WW I think. Maybe I need to incorporate SCK somehow just to get more out of EE, not sure about that yet.

In short: If those problems only occur right after using EE: don't worry, that's part of the talent's design. If they occur at other times: try to use more BoK, but of course adapt your BoK usage to other cooldowns so that you don't drop low on chi when something important such as FoF comes off CD.

Now, something else I've been wondering about: maybe it would be better for EE if it provided less resources, but gives you the resources over time instead, similar to the old EE or the new Hungering Rune Weapon talent (Frost DK). Less overall resources would help balance the talent row, "generating over time" would with reducing how much of EE goes to waste, so that EE itself doesn't become too weak compared to the other talents. And Ascensions needs a buff I think.
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiaojin View Post
    In short: If those problems only occur right after using EE: don't worry, that's part of the talent's design. If they occur at other times: try to use more BoK, but of course adapt your BoK usage to other cooldowns so that you don't drop low on chi when something important such as FoF comes off CD.
    spent some more time on the dummy and I think I found what was the problem and you are spot on ... Before my priority was to use TP between every skill (not talking FoF and RsK priority). So sometimes after RsK I would use TP, then BoK, then TP ... last night i started to use TP only when I had no other skill to use or if I needed to use TP to generate required Chi or I would cap energy. Now i was lacking Chi and it would usually happen right after FoF when I had one Chi left and RsK would came of CD during FoF channel .... I would use EP to fill my CHi and Energy to full, then RsK, followed by BoK or WDP if of CD.

So Xiaojin - you are spot on... More BoK to use up Chi so then it will start having "starvation" momentes where Energizing Elixir comes in handy. Also I really stareted to like having EE for the start of the fight. starting with 5 Chi makes our start quite bursty with ToD, SEaF, RsK, TP, FoF. Also Starting with Flying Serpent Kick you generate 1 Combo Strike so when we get to FoF we are at like 5 stacks. If we start FSK->ToD->SEaD, RsK, TP, BoK, TP, FoF, WDP then we have 7 stacks of Combo Strieks buff and WDP hits with full buff.

TL;DR - after spenders like FoF, RsK if you will not cap energy, do BoK then TP to build up Chi. This way you will not cap on energy or Chi like i used to.

Thanks for your help everyone
    Last edited by mmoc0e290119fb; 2016-07-29 at 12:49 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, that was my first approach to WW gameplay after the pre-patch went live (BoK if appropriate after other spenders like RSK or FoF) but I noticed that I sometimes have to use BoK BEFORE those other spenders as well. It really depends on RNG (free BoK procs) if that is necessary/appropriate or not. But adding BoKs before other spenders is something really tricky and requires some practice if you want to use FoF/RSK/WDP right when they come off CD (as you should ).
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

was the 3 sec cd on BoK alwasy there, or am i missing something

nvm, fixed already
    Last edited by Vishiz; 2016-07-29 at 06:02 PM.

I've struggled a lot with chi capping as well. The bottom line is that I'm annoyed that Ascension is underpowered because I vastly prefer the play style.

Question: When is it bad to weave in a BoK? I generally don't want to use BoK unless FoF/RSK/WDP/RJW/CW are on cool down, but I get that I can't follow this rule strictly as it results in chi capping. But I also don't want to waste even a second of uptime on FoF before getting it back on cool down unless it's a net dps gain to do so. So does anyone have thoughts on which abilities can wait a second for a BoK and which can't? My guess is FoF and RSK can't wait but WDP, RJW, and CW can. Am I right?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoeboots View Post
    I've struggled a lot with chi capping as well. The bottom line is that I'm annoyed that Ascension is underpowered because I vastly prefer the play style.

Question: When is it bad to weave in a BoK? I generally don't want to use BoK unless FoF/RSK/WDP/RJW/CW are on cool down, but I get that I can't follow this rule strictly as it results in chi capping. But I also don't want to waste even a second of uptime on FoF before getting it back on cool down unless it's a net dps gain to do so. So does anyone have thoughts on which abilities can wait a second for a BoK and which can't? My guess is FoF and RSK can't wait but WDP, RJW, and CW can. Am I right?
    CW can wait, the rest shouldn't be delayed if it can be avoided. They all hit harder than BoK. You shouldn't really be having trouble with Chi capping though, its pretty easy to stay under the cap. Worst case scenario you can use SCK if you don't have the time for BoK > FSK/CJL > BoK before a big CD comes up.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoeboots View Post

In addition to Baby's wise words, I'd say focus on using BoK right after every RSK/FoF/WDP/RJW/Lv15-talent if you have enough chi and the remaining CD on FoF (only ability for which you need more than one TP to get enough chi to use it) is still more than 8sec. So instead of going TP -> RSK -> TP, go TP -> RSK -> BoK -> TP if you've got the chi for it (and FoF's CD is >8sec). When FoF is about to become available again, you need to start being more careful with your chi spending.

Only do stuff like TP -> BoK -> RSK -> BoK -> TP (which requires you to already have 2 chi before using that first TP) if RSK (in this case; works the same for other skills like WDP) comes off CD AFTER the GCD triggered by the first BoK is over and if you don't energy cap in that time (should be rather easy not do that, you can easily resource-starve yourself with adding enough BoKs). But I think you don't need to this kind of stuff unless you get "unlucky" with free BoK procs. The upside: if you learn to use BoK properly, you can avoid CJL/FSK entirely. Not sure if you can always avoid using SCK against a single target. I increasingly get the feeling that SCK might be the best way to spend some chi right after using EE.

On a sidenote: I totally agree with you on Ascension.

Is there a guide online for where we can farm the Legendaries we need in Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiomar View Post
    Is there a guide online for where we can farm the Legendaries we need in Legion?
    they scrapped choosing which legendary to farm for. realistically you are just going to do the cache every day and dungeon grind until rngesus blesses you

why do we have 1 chi builder but 4 spenders...

Needs to be a toggle to have SEF focused by default or something. Without the ability to position them and choose targets I'd rather just have them fixated for the flat damage bonus. It's no longer a unique mechanic, it's buggier than it was before which is somewhat an accomplishment in itself and it's just straight frustrating to use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    Needs to be a toggle to have SEF focused by default or something. Without the ability to position them and choose targets I'd rather just have them fixated for the flat damage bonus..
    The thing I like now, that made me continue to play my WW in Legion, is that we're no longer balanced entirely around SEF and we're not going to be the niche cleave spec. I enjoy that it's a cooldown now, despite it being a bit fiddly to use, but their indecisiveness to attack the same target constantly does at least help our SCK stacks at the very least.