Page 85 of 124 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawlux View Post
    Is simcraft accurate with trinkets? its telling me that a 865 eye is better than a 885 Bloodthirsty. And urn being equal to Blood thirsty.
    Make sure you have the most recent updated nightly builds from the site just to be sure.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

What can say the owners of eye+nightbane chest combo? Simcraft says that 890 trinket and chest give a boost to DPS fierce, but in fact even the 875 urn looks nicer.
    i have 875 urn, 90eye+80chest, momento 885+gem and cant decide what to use.
    MrRobot says that eye+chest top overall, but last time i dont trust him. Check alot of logs and almost no1 not use eye+chest combo.
    Last edited by Votetobicyxa; 2016-12-17 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Votetobicyxa View Post
    What can say the owners of eye+nightbane chest combo? Simcraft says that 890 trinket and chest give a boost to DPS fierce, but in fact even the 875 urn looks nicer.
    i have 875 urn, 90eye+80chest, momento 885+gem and cant decide what to use.
    MrRobot says that eye+chest top overall, but last time i dont trust him. Check alot of logs and almost no1 not use eye+chest combo.
    Eye + chest is best in ST fight with no downtime... And as you noticed only Guarm works like that i think ;p
    Sorry for my english.

Deleted
    Do FoF not deal dmg upwards or Z-axis? Level difference in darkheart t h i c c et seems to fuck my dps sometimes.

Deleted
    All I want for Christmas is not touching the Serenity Why they even think about it + the skill is working perfectly, our ST isnt close to OP. If they want to nerf the AoE, SEF even not working properly is good (except when you pull the whole dung. and wipe the group and fail the key and get kicked of the group/guild ). Any hope/news they wont do it?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orionmnt View Post
    All I want for Christmas is not touching the Serenity Why they even think about it + the skill is working perfectly, our ST isnt close to OP. If they want to nerf the AoE, SEF even not working properly is good (except when you pull the whole dung. and wipe the group and fail the key and get kicked of the group/guild ). Any hope/news they wont do it?
    Its already been touched, and chances are they will increase its damage if/when they buff/fix SEF so that Serenity can stay competitive.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Its already been touched, and chances are they will increase its damage if/when they buff/fix SEF so that Serenity can stay competitive.
    Just hope that SEF gets fixed or buffed in 7.1.5. That's my main hope; in part because I have the bracers, and in part because it's our signature spell. Not entirely trusting that it'll be fixed by then, but we'll see.

Not really sure how they can buff the damage of Serenity without just making us even more burst-focussed (which is bad for PvP balance, for a start, and we're already heavy on the burst), so I would guess that we may end up with a shorter CD on Serenity to balance out the change to CD reductions.

I love the serenity on live its like the only way to differentiate good and bad players
    Ww monk is already too easy to play, I don't see the need to dumb down the spec any further
    To be honest I've never seen a ww monk doing too bad

It's not like most other specs are harder anyways.
    I'm a bit worried with the change to serenity, on live ww DPS varies a lot depending if you get lucky with crits of SotW on serenity, if they buff serenity's damage the gap between good and bad RNG will get even wider. it's a downside of having one of the highest damage abilities in the game.
    Last edited by Syld; 2016-12-19 at 10:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by danieltang34 View Post
    I love the serenity on live its like the only way to differentiate good and bad players
    Ww monk is already too easy to play, I don't see the need to dumb down the spec any further
    To be honest I've never seen a ww monk doing too bad
    You dont play other specs much do you? WW monk is probably one of the hardest to play besides SP.

Got Katsuo's finally today.

Now I have Katsuo's Eclipse, Drinking Horn, March of the Legion and Hidden Gloves. Going to wear ring and boots right now but I suppose Drinking Horn could be really good with 7.1.5?

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    You dont play other specs much do you? WW monk is probably one of the hardest to play besides SP.

Got Katsuo's finally today.

Now I have Katsuo's Eclipse, Drinking Horn, March of the Legion and Hidden Gloves. Going to wear ring and boots right now but I suppose Drinking Horn could be really good with 7.1.5?
    Im playing ww, arcane mage and spriest atm, with some havoc dh and feral at the beginning of legion. im pretty sure ww is by far the easiest. i have quite a few 95+ parses on my monk too
    Last edited by danieltang34; 2016-12-20 at 12:05 PM.

Deleted
    Im playing ww, arcane mage and spriest atm, with some havoc dh and feral at the beginning of legion. im pretty sure ww is by far the easiest. i have quite a few 95+ parses on my monk too
    Frost DK, Outlaw, Assassination, Unholy etc are all far easier than WW Monk. Keeping Hit-Combo alive in hectic fights is more challenging than what most classes need to do and Serenity is one of the hardest to correctly use spells in the game.

Deleted
    It's not anywhere hard to make a 1-2 button macro for a WW monk which will place your semi-automated performance in 50+ brackets ... or at least that's what the authors at gnomesequencer forums claim. I would wonder about similar possibilities for say spriest, boomy or even UH whose needs differ based on the moment - build resources, spend resources, manage bursts, manage multidots. WW resource management is much easier, as the bursts windows leave more than enough time to build chi while having nothing to burst with anyway.

Come to think of it - most classes can be "coded" into max 4 macro buttons and one modifier really. 1 builder/standard tank/low hps needed (+aoe with modifier, i.e. shift, or ctrl), 2 spender/more dmg mitigation needed/more hps needed (+aoe with modifier), 3 burster, 4 other (stuns, interrupts). I would dare say all classes, but I never got to really play all to 110 and I don't think I will get there in Legion. It was enough I got all classes to 100 in WoD really.

To be fair, Blizz could just make 4 skills for each class (i.e. LoL style ...) but people would whine about dumbing it down (i.e. the flames on BM hunters for being dumb, while MM has even less buttons to press really, or the flames on DH for these talents that take away another button to press) ... while repeating the very same "rotations" for the gazylionth time, because that's not dumb to have your palm muscle memory take over your gameplay for the most part ;p It seems "rotations" are such a core mechanic in the WoW-players' mentality, that the community prides itself in having to press at least 3 same buttons over and over again for hours to build resources they spend with the fourth button. It would be dumb to do the very same thing with just one button, so people at the gnomesequencer forums feel the need to find bull* excuses why they even use these macros (the amount of strange sicknesses and actually combinations of diseases among these people is shocking - at least according to their statements) ... a sociologically interesting phenomenon. One of many in the WoW community.

Let's see them then. Normal doesn't matter at all and Heroic honestly don't matter unless you're getting 99's.

Deleted
    Ppl actually use macros for WW O_O

Deleted
    I just put the argument there for the sake of the alleged WW complexity discussion. If people can make 1button macros to perform reasonably well, it cannot really be "complex" as the macros are far from sophisticated.

Deleted
    Yo for real, my FoF straight up misses sometimes wtf. It's like it only hits the first target... Anyone noticed the same?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    I just put the argument there for the sake of the alleged WW complexity discussion. If people can make 1button macros to perform reasonably well, it cannot really be "complex" as the macros are far from sophisticated.
    Well I guess we have other definitions of "reasonable well" if you think that is 50%+.

Deleted
    I appreciate everybody here is hitting 90+ (supposedly) but for percentiles to work a lot of people have to hit those 10-20ies. For them a 50 achieved via a 1button macro will be a huge improvement.

Hit combo is easy as hell, I can't believe someone just said it's hard... and in fact there are only two possible ways to break it...namely double TP and double BoK
    Serenity is fine as long as u do two RSK, one FoF and SWL in it without wasting too much SWL/FoF cd
    Outside of serenity u just use RSK FoF and SWL as soon as they come off CD
    That's pretty much 99% of our rotation, how on earth does that make us the hardest spec to play