how to automate the salvage box/wardrobe mess?

Anyone have any good addons that help with this mess? I didn't realize how much of a pain this is going to be:

1) Open all salvage boxes until bags are full.
    2) Put trade mats in bank, sell follower tokens
    3) mail all greens/blues/purples to characters who can equip them
    4) repeat until all salvage boxes are open

5) open up all mail on other characters, until bags are full
    6) try on every piece of armor/mail (answer YES to do you want to soulbind item)
    7) vendor all items

I've already screwed this up once, and ended up selling my belt that I was wearing Hopefully I can get that back

But MAN, this is a PAIN! Help!

If the belt is no longer in the buyback window, you can restore it here: https://us.battle.net/support/en/restoration

I'm a freak. I love doing these type of things xD

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    I'm a freak. I love doing these type of things xD
    lol ... you certainly are a freak!

I'm getting carpal tunnel from right clicking!

You could take off all your equipment and put it in a different bag or your bank do you don't sell it by mistake.

Ugh, I was trying to take a short cut, and screwed myself up. When it came to "what stuff to sell, and what stuff to try on first, and what stuff to mail to another character", I was relying on the text on the item that says "You don't have this appearance yet".

If I didn't see that text, then I'd just sell the thing. After doing about 200 boxes, I realized, that the text is only valid for the current character. It wasn't actually looking at my other characters to see if THEY have it or not. So I sold a bunch of crap I should have been trying on. Bummer. Don't be like me

Why did you wait until today, you cost yourself thousands of gold on the follower upgrades and class items that are now worth copper.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

OP, Auto Seller, former Salvage Yard Seller, sells all your low level green and blues if you config.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Why did you wait until today, you cost yourself thousands of gold on the follower upgrades and class items that are now worth copper.
    Well I did a 1/4 of them on monday, but it was too much of a hassle. All my bags and bank were full, so I didn't have a lot of space to open boxes. Once the wardrobe was live, I sold off all the armor filling up my bags.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Anyone have any good addons that help with this mess? I didn't realize how much of a pain this is going to be:

1) Open all salvage boxes until bags are full.
    2) Put trade mats in bank, sell follower tokens
    3) mail all greens/blues/purples to characters who can equip them
    4) repeat until all salvage boxes are open

5) open up all mail on other characters, until bags are full
    6) try on every piece of armor/mail (answer YES to do you want to soulbind item)
    7) vendor all items

I've already screwed this up once, and ended up selling my belt that I was wearing Hopefully I can get that back

But MAN, this is a PAIN! Help!
    There's no super easy process =(. I go into some detail about my process here:
    https://youtu.be/YcwAvq29lm4?t=2m47s
    It took me 6 hours to complete my process, so it was...relatively successful.
    One thing I did that I didn't think of while making the video was to not just equip everything because there was a LOT of overlap. I took the gear that wasn't soulbound and tucked it away to maybe try selling on the AH. Or I'll vendor it. Who knows.

I realized something that helps out a bit when mailing things to alts:

The search box in the first bag can do a generic search. I didn't know that!! So you can search on "cloth", "gun", "plate", "polearm", etc ... makes it much easier to find which things need to get sent off!

Here is what I did:

1) put all my stuff in the bank (gear/hearthstones/etc)

2) I had mailed each toon their specific types of gear

3) Opened mail and filled my bags with BoE stuffz

4) in SAY chat I used this script:

/run StaticPopupDialogs.EQUIP_BIND.enterClicksFirstButton = 1

When you equip a BoE a clicky popup box comes up "Are you sure" Well hells yeah I am. This script lets you hit enter instead of clicking yes.

So, I got through my bags and anything that does NOT have "You have not collected"... I mail to another alt for selling on the AH.

When only new, unlearned appearances are left I right click on each item and hit Enter. Super fast. Since I am naked I don;t care about gets swapped out.

When done I vendor the items in inventopruy and rinse and repeat.

One thing to note.. since you may have hundreds/thousands... you may have dups in your bags... so watch for the blue text, if it;'s not there, it means you learned it a few items ago and can set that one aside and mail to your AH alt. (or DE or vendor)

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    One thing to note.. since you may have hundreds/thousands... you may have dups in your bags... so watch for the blue text, if it;'s not there, it means you learned it a few items ago and can set that one aside and mail to your AH alt. (or DE or vendor)
    Just remember, the blue text is only there for armor/weapons you can equip. If say, you are opening boxes on a cloth person, plate armor that you plate wearing toons haven't learned yet, will NOT have that blue text.