Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    People seem to be forgetting that mythic dungeons have a weekly lockout. You can't just farm them endlessly for 840+ hoping for warforged (which is capped at 850 until raids open). Mythic+ also doesn't open until raids do so you can't count those either.

If you want to have the best possible gear by the time the raid opens then you'll buy the ring.

PS the market value for enough obliterum to upgrade a crafted item to 850 ilvl will be more than 250k in the first few weeks.

Deleted
    What it boils down to, basically, is if you're willing to spend a quarter of a million gold on your raiding guild. Because that's the only reason to get the item; to have higher ilvl and better raiding gear.

So... Does your raiding guild deserve your 250000 gold?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    What it boils down to, basically, is if you're willing to spend a quarter of a million gold on your raiding guild. Because that's the only reason to get the item; to have higher ilvl and better raiding gear.

So... Does your raiding guild deserve your 250000 gold?
    Well my raiding guild has provided me with 3m gold over the past 3 months and thats with the month break we just came off of.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Of course before raids open. Better rings drop from mythic0 5mans.
    Except they won't until raids unlock. Its capped at 850, which is equal to the ring.

Deleted
    i wont buy it , currently dont even have 100k on my main and doubt il have enough gold in legions firt few weeks to buy a ring for 250k and still have quiite alot of gold left.
    even if i had the gold to buy it, its not great stats for my main (unholy dk) and since im a JC il just make my own ring which due 100%socket chance will better then it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Except they won't until raids unlock. Its capped at 850, which is equal to the ring.
    Except they will because a) better itemized b) socket.

Quote Originally Posted by Oratory View Post
    If you want to have the best possible gear by the time the raid opens then you'll buy the ring.
    even 815ilvl crafted ring with socket which cost nothing is better. you understand that ilvl in legion give very very very little secondary stats upgrade and normal main stat and stamina upgrade but rings and necks dont have mainstat so socket for these items means +50++ ilvls. so any ring with socket is better then this crap. this ring exists only for inflate ilvl to join heroics or have better rewars from world quest and sell it before timer expires. need to be absolutly brainded to come to raid with this ring.
    Last edited by ztn; 2016-07-22 at 09:17 AM.

If it was something a bit more tangible like a trinket or a chest piece or a helm or something, then maybe I'd give it more consideration. A ring? Pass.

Depends entirely on the cost of tokens in Legion. That's 3 months worth of subs at current Euro prices. I have 2.5million but I don't know how far that will get me in Legion.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well the most expensive time of any expansion is usually launch, after the first 3-4 months of an expansion I typically start making gold.

Still don't think the ring is worth it, even with the gems being lower rating than they were a couple months ago. You can literally spam heroics the first two weeks, and even though you need some luck to get enough iLvL to match the 850, you can run them endlessly. Most people who care about being prepared for raids likely will do this anyway because it's probably the best way to acquire a legendary prior to Emerald Nightmare being released.

With the way personal loot works now it's pretty easy to funnel rings to anybody anyway. Rings don't have primary stats anymore so you can trade a ring you don't need to pretty much anybody. In a scenario where one dude in your 5 man has two good rings already, you can just run personal loot and have him trade it to you during those first two weeks to increase your chances of getting a high iLvL one. A lot easier now that you don't have to worry about intelligence/agility/strength rings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Well the most expensive time of any expansion is usually launch, after the first 3-4 months of an expansion I typically start making gold.

Still don't think the ring is worth it, even with the gems being lower rating than they were a couple months ago. You can literally spam heroics the first two weeks, and even though you need some luck to get enough iLvL to match the 850, you can run them endlessly. Most people who care about being prepared for raids likely will do this anyway because it's probably the best way to acquire a legendary prior to Emerald Nightmare being released.

With the way personal loot works now it's pretty easy to funnel rings to anybody anyway. Rings don't have primary stats anymore so you can trade a ring you don't need to pretty much anybody. In a scenario where one dude in your 5 man has two good rings already, you can just run personal loot and have him trade it to you during those first two weeks to increase your chances of getting a high iLvL one. A lot easier now that you don't have to worry about intelligence/agility/strength rings.
    exactly, why pay so much for ring while cheap as ring to make or from dungeons is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    It is only worth it if you want it. It is simply a slightly quicker and easier path to a higher item level which of course will have some advantages. But it is also one of those things that in the first weeks to a month (depending on your play time) will be excellent but as the expansion gets older the less useful it becomes VERY rapidly. If you weren't given a Dal hearthstone it would of course be a no brainier to get the ring. But since you do it ultimately lowers its real value a ton.

To each their own. To be honest since I had 4 gold capped toons (before the bump up of course) I likely won't have a problem buying it for my main just to make everything a little easier at the cost of gold. But if I had 500-600k total on my account I wouldn't bother. It isn't worth half your wealth that will certainly be spent better on crafted gear on the AH or simply holding onto and gearing the "proper" way.
    So what you are saying with my grand total of 20k between all my toons I shouldn't bother? Just kidding lol. About bothering that is, not the 20k...that is unfortunately real.

Quote Originally Posted by Roidz View Post
    I'm tempted to buy it since its so good, but MAN 250K is a lot of gold considering the garrison free gold generator is officially gone.

I actually think i'm going to skip buying this even though it will be BIS for the first tier of raids until everyone starts getting phat loots.
    would rather spend 250k on the grand vendor yak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    I'll buy the ring and then propose to Jaina Proudmoore and give it to her :-)
    "Only if you put on the Arthas mask. You know what I like now..."

250k is more than 50% of my Legion gold, so fuck no. Any guild that requires and needs you to buy the ring to down a normal raid boss that would likely give you a better ring anyways is bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

if you have millions and are good at making gold yes.. if not no. so thus for me no.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not even worth it if you have millions of gold.

The stats on WoWhead are bugged. Basically if you can obtain a ring at heroic iLvL with a socket in two weeks, you will have a ring that is more powerful than a ring that costs 250k. If rings still had primary stats it might be a different argument, hell, if the Kirin Tor ring came with a socket it would be a different story, but currently it doesn't.

While it's down to RNG or a lot of work to get an 850 ring from heroics or the limited mythic dungeons you can do it two weeks, I don't think it's much of a stretch to get two rings that are anywhere from 825 to 850 in those two weeks that have a socket.

Essentially what you're getting is an iLvL boost for leveling, and a faster way into heroics/mythics I guess. Secondary stat wise a ring with a socket at heroic level will have more throughput than the Kirin Tor ring. You'll lose stamina, but aside from maybe tanks (who basically don't care about stamina either) when have DPS typically cared about their health levels outside of very niche situations? Last time I remember was in Ulduar when Shaman base health was so low that they ran with health flasks on the heroic version so that a certain combo wouldn't outright kill them.

From a gold stand point I would say no if one had to ask. If one is quite serious and is questioning if there is a noticeable benefit to be had then yes.
    Last edited by Greenmagoo; 2016-07-23 at 07:30 AM.

Deleted
    Yes it is worth it, you can buy it at lvl 101 and it has 850 ilvl which will take you 2-3 weeks to achieve if you are lucky at the end game of beta. So yeah it is 100% worth it.

Deleted
    It depends really... I will buy it for 2 reasons, I've got more gold than I know how to spend and I suffer from the mentality of someone who can't stop being mr hardcore even 12 years later, and it's pretty close to being pre raid BiS unless either mastery or crit are rubbish for your class. And I don't see myself rolling 2 of the 860s from world bosses.

I prob will, it also gives a tele to dalaran on like a 30 min cd, which is alright but you get a special dalaran hearthstone and there have only been a few times where i used the ring to tele on the beta. Although it could possibly be upgradable each patch like in wrath and it would be useful to have it when its useful every few patches.