How are mw at the moment compared to other healers? Mainly interested vs holy pala, as I am trying to chose between those two specs for my alt

Deleted
    So, i've got my hands on the "Naglfar Fare" trinket, and looking at my healing meters, it is doing everything between 4% and 13% of my total healing on boss fights (never seen below 3%). Isn't that quite much? And it should even do more in raids i would think, since more Renewing Mists is out in general.
    While we are at trinkets, if the Naglfar is shit, which ones are the best?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Does the "caster" darkmoon trinket (Darkmoon Deck: Hellfire) work for healers too? It has base int + crit shuffle effect. Anyone knows this?
    Yes it works for healers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicarimonk View Post
    So, i've got my hands on the "Naglfar Fare" trinket, and looking at my healing meters, it is doing everything between 4% and 13% of my total healing on boss fights (never seen below 3%). Isn't that quite much? And it should even do more in raids i would think, since more Renewing Mists is out in general.
    While we are at trinkets, if the Naglfar is shit, which ones are the best?
    Sounds interesting geting some more info on that trinket would be nice.

is the heal darkmoon trinket even good on mw? currently planning to get crit trinkets from vault and maw of souls

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone got any opinions on the trinkets with a heal effect on use/equip? As mentioned above, the Naglfar Fare has been putting out some decent total healing.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    is the heal darkmoon trinket even good on mw? currently planning to get crit trinkets from vault and maw of souls
    it's strong for fistweaving, less good for mistweaving.

any good mw or monk google docs with bis artifact paths ect ect?

so mathematically are the following statements true:

1) mana tea is the best 100 talent for hps in raids
    2) for mana tea you want haste (to certain bps) > vers > crit > haste > mastery
    3) we play lifecycles and use TFT on vivify

thanks!

Vivify on TFT? Really? You don't want to abuse having Renewing Mist everywhere?

BTW, I leveled my druid second for my casual pug, and it's just stupid how ridiculously easier and better druid is in dungeons right now. It's more boring for me, but geez, even if I try I'm not sure I could oom. Went back on my mistweaver for a quick heroic, had to work twice as much and drink a lot more, and that, with 30 ilvl more. Just FYI, didn't really play a resto druid since Firelands.

Either druids should be toned down, or it's a gear scaling issue I'm not aware of, but the mana usage of druids is ridiculous compared to mistweavers.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    TFT vivify has a really good value if you need the mana during the fight and must be used if you are going to be oom. After that Rem is great and the other are more situational. This is according to Geodew calcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post

BTW, I leveled my druid second for my casual pug, and it's just stupid how ridiculously easier and better druid is in dungeons right now. It's more boring for me, but geez, even if I try I'm not sure I could oom. Went back on my mistweaver for a quick heroic, had to work twice as much and drink a lot more, and that, with 30 ilvl more. Just FYI, didn't really play a resto druid since Firelands.

Either druids should be toned down, or it's a gear scaling issue I'm not aware of, but the mana usage of druids is ridiculous compared to mistweavers.
    Im in a mythic raiding guild. We have several people who are the guild tanks that have 2-3 characters running mythics. They have talked to us about the feel of each. The tl;dr of MW vs others is that they love MW. One of the tanks said it was his favorite to run mythics with. Compared to others they can pump out a ton of hps and have very strong single target heals for big trash pulls. The down side is that they are more mana dependent. I had to stop to drink several times on our runs but in reality if you added up all the time, it would be mainly a full minute for the whole instance. Being a mw in mythic dungeons you just have to be used to drinking while they finish one trash pack and start on another.

Quote Originally Posted by VigilantRose View Post
    1/7th is just an approximation. Renewing Mists lasts for 20 sec, it ticks every 3 sec, so you lose about 1/7th. It's a bit more than this (since the last 'tick' is smaller), but it's a bit less once you extend it with the artifact trait. Haste also reduces the impact of that overhealing (ticks happen more frequently).

And the math is as obvious at it looks. To get the benefit of an additional Renewing Mist chance when it moves, you first need to have lost healing from the original Renewing Mist. The total benefit will normally be slightly less than if Renewing Mists had been happily ticking away on the same target.
    REM ticks at base 2s. There is a 1/10 chance to regain healing equivalent to 1/10 of the spell. Before haste. Add any amount of haste, and you actually gain REM healing (not counting the mastery bonus). At some level of haste (and sufficiently low level of mastery), casting at full HP could be beneficial.

With extended healing you actually get 11.5 ticks base. 1/12 healing for 10% of healing, good trade. Add 14% haste and you could get 14 ticks.

Deleted
    14% haste hasnt 14 ticks tho, 10% haste is 1 extra tick.

Quote Originally Posted by Meradith View Post
    Im in a mythic raiding guild. We have several people who are the guild tanks that have 2-3 characters running mythics. They have talked to us about the feel of each. The tl;dr of MW vs others is that they love MW. One of the tanks said it was his favorite to run mythics with. Compared to others they can pump out a ton of hps and have very strong single target heals for big trash pulls. The down side is that they are more mana dependent. I had to stop to drink several times on our runs but in reality if you added up all the time, it would be mainly a full minute for the whole instance. Being a mw in mythic dungeons you just have to be used to drinking while they finish one trash pack and start on another.
    Yeah, and I changed my spec for Germination on my druid, and suddenly mana is more challenging lol.

But it's really weird when you do the swap to notice how fast you drain on the monk, but I don't think the monk has the issue, it's the druid that is a bit too good IMO.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    monk mana seems to assume you use soothing mist free heal somewhat often, they might change something if they see that people dont use soothing, who knows.

Monks being dependent on mana made sense when there was a mechanic to refund you mana. I haven't played any other healers at 110 so I can't tell if they're as mana-starved as we are. At least mana seems to regenerate somewhat quickly in combat if you tone down the heals for a bit. I try to use my leg sweep on trash as often as I can to reduce some damage on the tank while I try to let some mana regenerate.

Deleted
    Monk's spell are just very strong baseline, thus have higher mana cost, it's logical.

EnvM is 990 %SP per cast (1155 if mistwrap)
    ReM is 700% SP per cast
    Vivify is 825%SP per cast (1155% if UT proc)
    EF is 2628%SP per cast

Other healers don't have such potent spells, thus their manacost isnt as high (or they have long CD)

This is also why MW is tricky because since it's the only healer who have such a kit, if you spam you'll probably end up with high overhealing and wasted mana, thinking you're dealing crap healing and spending way too much mana when you are actually just playing wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post

Normal Maw yesterday, I had to sit to drink 4 times as resto druid iL316. Feels like I'm always checking my mana pool.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Normal Maw yesterday, I had to sit to drink 4 times as resto druid iL316. Feels like I'm always checking my mana pool.
    your item level may be the reason why LUL