Plus if you are not in melee, you'll have to be stacked with some people otherwise you're wasting most of our aoe healing from golden traits.

Only "issue" is no more auto-attacks as they get cancelled by Soothing Mist.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    I think we are with paladins our own special classification. Helya is a an example.

When I did its with 3 melee and a mage, the mage got all the dispellable debuffs. Then next time I was with 4 melee I got the all debuffs everytime.

Kinda makes sense to add a classification when it comes to have spells check for them. But not every mechanic uses teh same programming.

I read like, around the last 15 pages of the 131 page thread, and just the last 2 pages of this thread. I saw a lot of complaints and maths and stuff. Sorry if this is a repeat / easy to find answer, but with 4 days until Legion, I'm curious.

1. Is the artifact path still looking the same? (Right side, Middle trait, left a bit, then Revival trait, then TFT trait?)
    2. How does everyone feel about Sheilun's Gift now? I saw mixed responses, but they were rather old.
    3. What's the consensus on the 45/100 traits now? I really want as little fistweaving as possible, but I also want to be the best I can be. If it's either a large DPS gain (+2% of the bosses HP or higher), or a substantial HPS gain (that isn't balanced by the extra mana cost), I'll need to learn the style.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxis View Post
    I read like, around the last 15 pages of the 131 page thread, and just the last 2 pages of this thread. I saw a lot of complaints and maths and stuff. Sorry if this is a repeat / easy to find answer, but with 4 days until Legion, I'm curious.

1. Is the artifact path still looking the same? (Right side, Middle trait, left a bit, then Revival trait, then TFT trait?)
    2. How does everyone feel about Sheilun's Gift now? I saw mixed responses, but they were rather old.
    3. What's the consensus on the 45/100 traits now? I really want as little fistweaving as possible, but I also want to be the best I can be. If it's either a large DPS gain (+2% of the bosses HP or higher), or a substantial HPS gain (that isn't balanced by the extra mana cost), I'll need to learn the style.
    1. The artifact path im gonna go for is Mists of Life -> Mist of Sheilun -> Blessing of Yu'lun -> Dancing Mist -> Celestial Breath That will be 27 traits into the tree. Yes that means im geting Extended Life after Breath.
    Research time on artifact knowledge is 2.5 days.

2. Gift of Sheilun with 12 clouds is the highest spellpowered heal in the game, lay on hands scales of hp :P And should be treated as such.

3. 45 and 100 talents are thoes talent tiers that you chose for what playstyle you like and enjoy. Personaly I prefer Mistwrap and focused Thunder. I dont like fistweaving as a way to heal but would go in doing dps/leggsweep, it makes stuff go faster specially 5mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    i believe the way it works is:

boss has ability which targets ranged players (felseeker is an example)
    > boss checks to see if monk is at range or melee
    > if monk is at range the ability can target monk = felseeker can be cast on monk
    > if monk is in melee the ability cannot target monk = felseeker cannot be cast on monk

similar to paladins in legion, we will be hit by things like felseeker if we are sitting at range, however if we're in melee we wont be targeted by it
    This seems to be true for old content, but according to a tweet from blizzard monks are classified as ranged for this expansion. So it sounds like we can stack with melee due to how our healing aoes work, but actual mechanics wise we are being looked at as ranged?

No, there is now a melee healer classification that mistweavers and holy paladins have. We can be targeted with more things than melee, but it will never put an instant area damage mechanic on us. You will have to run out for things, but you will not be a hindrance to a melee stack.

I think there was a very early legion quote saying we would be ranged, but that has since changed.

Man, Legion is just a few days aways. I am pretty excited!
    Is anyone else going to be leveling as a MW (just for the fantasy of always being a MW)?
    /monkhug

Edit: I hear though that leveling as a MW takes quite a big longer O.o
    Last edited by lycrates; 2016-08-25 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lycrates View Post
    Man, Legion is just a few days aways. I am pretty excited!
    Is anyone else going to be leveling as a MW (just for the fantasy of always being a MW)?
    /monkhug

Edit: I hear though that leveling as a MW takes quite a big longer O.o
    There is a fantasy to take 3X the time to kill mobs?

I did not know that.

If I still had the interrupt and Touch of Death, maybe I'd consider it, but no, it's too painful to see how pruned the mistweaver rotation is now. WW rotation is too fun when you get the artifact.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Its just that windwalker levels so much faster. High kill speed, higher movement speed and constant rolls / serpent kicks between the mobs. Each killed mobs heals the windwalker mob and their defensive cooldown makes you kill even faster. Considering how fast it is I will actually level the windwalker weapon as I level cos it will be used for when doing world quests.
    Last edited by mmocdf23fc3447; 2016-08-25 at 05:46 PM.

Deleted
    i leveled a MW through draenor after prepatch changes, its painful.

Its slow AND boring.

Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Its just that windwalker levels so much faster. High kill speed, higher movement speed and constant rolls / serpent kicks between the mobs. Each killed mobs heals the windwalker mob and their defensive cooldown makes you kill even faster. Considering how fast it is I will actually level the windwalker weapon as I level cos it will be used for when doing world quests.
    i will be doing the same. the first 13 points in your tree cost really nothing in the grand scheme of things, and you want to be able to quest fast in suramar/world quests. WW is likely one of the stronger leveling specs (if not strongest) simply because you're able to constantly aoe down huge groups of mobs with 0 downtime, 0 chance of death (ToK, leg sweep, healing elixirs, etc) and you can kill 'quest bosses' really efficiently with ring > ToD > explode for insane dmg

Deleted
    Research time on artifact knowledge is 2.5 days.
    No, it's 5 days. 2.5 days is catch up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huolan View Post
    No, it's 5 days. 2.5 days is catch up.
    Its 5 days for 2 scrolls.

legendary pass has been applied to live.

Leggings of the Black Flame now grant 1 (down from 2) additional random charge when TFT is used
    Petrichor Lagniappe now reduce Revival CD by 2 sec (down from 3 sec) for each ReM cast

that's all

the boots remain unchanged (???)

10+ Year Old Account
    Last I heard it's 5 days for 1 when Legion goes live. It's different in the beta for testing purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    legendary pass has been applied to live.

Leggings of the Black Flame now grant 1 (down from 2) additional random charge when TFT is used
    Petrichor Lagniappe now reduce Revival CD by 2 sec (down from 3 sec) for each ReM cast

that's all

the boots remain unchanged (???)
    Damn, why did they nerf it? Too strong in comparison?

Deleted
    Nope, 5 days for 1.

---------------

What, they nerfed the panties? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo. -.-
    And the bracers, too. Wow.
    You know, boots are not that strong since only the hots on the attacked target of your target of RSK get extended.

Edit: I don't see any change for legendaries on beta nor live?
    Last edited by mmocbc9fb7fad8; 2016-08-26 at 08:31 AM.

What's the best MW & WW artifact route atm?

- - - Updated - - -

And can anyone explain how the 1st ability MWs get actually works?

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    And can anyone explain how the 1st ability MWs get actually works?
    Which ability?

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think, he means artifact ability